• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Karmichael Hunt Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Dont they test their hair for this stuff - and I don't mean to see if any got caught in his beard on the way in? Your point about Thorn is a good one - had not occurred to me how far they would go back. Do the test: https://www.health-street.net/wp-co...-drug-testing-facts-and-myths-infographic.jpg
I think the AFL is the only sport that tests out of competition - their intent was to stop players going on a three month rampage post season. Still 90 days from now would still take you into the competition window. Ben Cousins famously turned up for his hair test shaved bald all over, so as the infographic says, it can be beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think the AFL is the only sport that tests out of competition - their intent was to stop players going on a three month rampage post season. Still 90 days from now would still take you into the competition window. Ben Cousins famously turned up for his hair test shaved bald all over, so as the infographic says, it can be beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you could have a clause in their contract which required them to have some hair on their body. I am a bit bemused by the fact that such testing is not regular - these blokes really do need a kick up the arse: they are paid far more money than most of them will ever earn again, they are looked up to and they carry the hopes of an ever dwindling band of supporters on their backs with indifference. Better men would make better wallabies, just as they make better ABs (on the whole)

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I'm not sure. What does two counts of possession mean? One on the ground and one on him?
I'm not sure either.
I really can't comprehend Hunt would be this stupid.

If I'm to speculate, I'm going with the other guy with the phone is the culprit. They see the cops. He freaks and tells Hunt he has coke on him. Hunt gives him a few choice words and the position it's put him in. The other guy drops it. The police come over after seeing two guys acting suspiciously. They're are searched including their phones. Both are taken to the station. They are both asked who's it is, both deny any knowledge. They lean on Hunt because of his profile and recent run in with law. However due to the grief he received last time he ratted he doesn't say anything. They are both charged.

Hunt could well be innocent. If he knew the other guy was in possession he is an idiot. Is that sackable? That's up to the Reds and RA.

Unless more incriminating information comes to light I bet he is let off at court.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Something re: drugs and sport.

I firmly believe that practically every professional sportsperson in the world is on some form of drug (mostly PEDs). There was the ex-French prop a few years back who said that doping in rugby was as bad as cycling. There's also Contador's doctor who basically admitted that Spain football team during its dominance @ the beginning of the 2010's were on PEDs. There was that story of 11 AFL clubs had doping programs, not to mention that a lot of footballers in England love the Colombian icing sugar. I've also heard that 98.5% of NFL players do PEDs (there's a photo somewhere of Jared Veldheer, NFL tackle, going from fairly athletic to massive bulk in the space of approx 4 or so months - that ain't just diet and a shitload of weights)

The ones that get caught are basically terrible at hiding it.

Sorry for the off-topic tangent.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
So he wasnt found to be in possession it was allegedly on the ground between the two men.
I know right, dumb fuckin luck. Just where he happens to be stopped for a random search a bag of white powder that looks suspiciously like drugs just laying there on the ground.

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm not sure. What does two counts of possession mean? One on the ground and one on him?

It's the "possession of implement used in a drug offense" that has me......... Particularly wrt this particular drug
So, the other guy had a credit card?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
It's the "possession of implement used in a drug offense" that has me... Particularly wrt this particular drug
So, the other guy had a credit card?
If I read it correctly they are referring to a mobile phone and associated text messages

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wondered if I'd ever see the words "good" and "lawyer" side by side on this site. Be that as it may, since they found drugs and "drug implements" how could a lack of reasonable cause to suspect the possession of drugs possibly succeed?

If I was a solicitor I would question the officers involved over what probable cause they had at the exact point in time of detaining Hunt for a search. The decision cannot be based on previous history and must be based on indicia displayed at the time. If the search is not legal then he might get off. As for the phone, unless they are stupid enough to admit to having incriminating data then there is a risk associated with police looking through messages at the time of seizing the phone, unless there in an emergent reason the phone should be seized for up to 28 days and then a warrant application made to enter the phone. Possessing drugs is not sufficient reason to search a phone unless the owner is really dumb. Personally I think police should be able to search anyone at anytime but the law does not permit this so the arguments will likely be around whether the search was lawful.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
that they werent found with it in their possession is definitely in their favour. Rugby wise i hope they got off on this technicality. Everything else wise, the moron deserves whatever punishment he gets if found guilty.

Pretty hard to be sacked on the spot if he isnt found guilty. Immediate sacking would require serious misconduct of some description. Being accused of something isnt serious misconduct.

we shall see. But between this, quade, moore, simmons, genia and smiths injury, the reds depth issue beyond teenagers is alarmingly evident

half

Alan Cameron (40)
I wanted to post on TOCC thread on a certain K Hunt. The thread has gone, like you gotta be kidding. Has been on every news TV show, printed by Australia's major media companies and even a discussion on the ABC. Has been on most radio news breaks, Is a thread on the Roar with over 50 comments.

We actually place it in a Reds thread. For the love of the holy mother Mary sometimes the logic of this site.

Reactions: dru

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Back to the subject matter.

Addiction and self control tis very easy to make judgement decisions. I would argue many lawyers would fail the same test and many high ranking officials in the finance industry the same.

Is this a medical or a criminal matter, who knows but I am not willing to pass judgement as I am not in the procession of all the facts.

Puts on hard hat and waits for the bats. But drugs are not a straight forward subject one of my sons best mates at school is dead now, killed in a drug deal that went wrong.

A song by Satah McLachlan - In the Arms of an Angel is actually about how a drug addict is often caught in their own misgivings. Anywho the song was a mega hit back in the day and still is by many righteous folk who think the song is about someone passing on.

When they are told its a song about heroin addiction and if you replace the world angle with heroin they very often change their mind about the song.

I guess what I am saying we are quick to judge these matters. Personally I have seen three brilliant careers ruined by drugs and as I mentioned earlier roughly 12 years ago a young man in his early 20's hooked and selling drugs to pay for his habit died of wounds received in a fight.

This song BTW is credited with getting many people off drugs, than many programs. It was a tribute song to smashing pumpkins key board player who OD'ed in a motel room.

After the vid I will post the lyrics for anyone interested.

[youtrube]

Spend all your time waiting for that second chance
For the break that will make it ok
There's always some reason to feel not good enough
And it's hard at the end of the day
I need some distraction oh beautiful release
Memories seep from my veins
They may be empty and weightless and maybe
I'll find some peace tonight

In the arms of an Angel fly away from here
From this dark, cold hotel room, and the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of an Angel; may you find some comfort here

So tired of the straight line, and everywhere you turn
There's vultures and thieves at your back
The storm keeps on twisting, you keep on building the lies
That you make up for all that you lack
It don't make no difference, escaping one last time
It's easier to believe
In this sweet madness, oh this glorious sadness
That brings me to my knees

In the arms of an Angel far away from here
From this dark, cold hotel room, and the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie
In the arms of an Angel; may you find some comfort here

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Sounds like Hunt also may have been busted while picking up from his dealer at 3am in a public place. It’s so incredibly fucking stupid that it’s perfectly believable. For fucks sake, YOU’RE RICH. Get a fucking hotel room if you need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.