• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

James O'Connor misses flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Im abit confused Link says when he starts as coach that the slate is clear.

Now todays he says that things that happend in the past plus what happend on the weekend (which they dont know what really happened yet and the investigatin is still on going) they have stood him down.......

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The slate is clear as in he will be given the oppourtunity to prove he has changed.

The investigation doesn't need to be finished for them to know he lied to them about being drunk and that was probably enough.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Sharpie pulled no punches on the Rugby Club:I cannot remember someone so intimately connected with a team censuring a team member so clearly and openly.
When the Wobbs get together next (Tomorrow I think) JOC (James O'Connor) is supposed to be present and so is Sharpie.
Is that going to be a little awkward or did sharpie know that the potential meeting will not happen?

What was Sharpie not saying?

Does he know something from his time at the Force?

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Im abit confused Link says when he starts as coach that the slate is clear.

Now todays he says that things that happend in the past plus what happend on the weekend (which they dont know what really happened yet and the investigatin is still on going) they have stood him down...

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Pretty sure the "clean slate" comment meant that Link wasn't going to punish him immediately for his past transgressions, such as missing the team meeting which happened only a couple of days before Link became coach. It would be stupid for him now to pretend that this was JOC (James O'Connor)'s first offence.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
What was Sharpie not saying?

Does he know something from his time at the Force?

My only point was i think he knew that Homebrand was going to be "suspended" or stood down.
I wouldnt be surprised if Link authorised him to talk as frankly as he did.
Anyway, the right decision has been made, IMHO.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Wow stood down indefinitely before the investigation is even completed. No one can complain about not knowing where they stand now. I wonder what the Force management are thinking right now?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Astounding.
dragnet.png

Richo

John Thornett (49)
It takes guts to turn around team culture. This was the first test of Link's regime and he's done the right thing. Senior players will no doubt be pleased and it sends a very clear message to any other potential loose cannons.

Short term, it will hurt not to have JOC (James O'Connor). He's been playing well and is one of our most skilled and dangerous weapons. Long term, it will help the Wallabies build a culture of accountability and unity, which seems to be something sorely needed.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It takes guts to turn around team culture. This was the first test of Link's regime and he's done the right thing. Senior players will no doubt be pleased and it sends a very clear message to any other potential loose cannons.

Short term, it will hurt not to have JOC (James O'Connor). He's been playing well and is one of our most skilled and dangerous weapons. Long term, it will help the Wallabies build a culture of accountability and unity, which seems to be something sorely needed.

Like very much

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Indefinitely should mean at least the TRC. Think the rest of the year will be the wake up call needed. If there is no contract with the Force is he eligible for EOYT?

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fantastic news for a little disrespectful muppet.
Im so glade link stood him down and Im with Ash.

Also, Im galde Deans is gone, he would still be on that plane and starting at 10 in SA..

Status
Not open for further replies.