• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

James O'Connor misses flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
From my earliest post,I still blame the ARU. They have been to soft on him.

I'm looking at this different.
Genias never had issue, his form has been down gets dropped and not even game time in the last week.
This dickhead has got away with so much since his World Cup fuck up. Gets slap on the wrist, and is getting game time and he has been 95% fucked at that since the lions tour.
ARU have got get on board of what the rebels have done and fuck him off.
And I hope link doesn't let him go on tour. We have wingers wanting to play for the wallabies. Not like this muppet that has been on a good ride for the past few years.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The comments by Sharpie as a player, captain and coach involved with Homebrand are pretty damning as they have to be pretty close to the mark.
Sharpie pulled no punches on the Rugby Club:I cannot remember someone so intimately connected with a team censuring a team member so clearly and openly.
When the Wobbs get together next (Tomorrow I think) JOC (James O'Connor) is supposed to be present and so is Sharpie.
Is that going to be a little awkward or did sharpie know that the potential meeting will not happen?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Sharpies respected by the team and was robbed the chance to fix the team culture by being fucked about by Robbie in the twilight of his career when he should have been the full time captain. Instead he was just there or thereabouts the squad.

It feels like he is taking his opportunity to try and affect a change for the positive without Robbies limp wristed approach to discipline getting in the way.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
The comments by Sharpie as a player, captain and coach involved with Homebrand are pretty damning as they have to be pretty close to the mark.

Yep. Pretty damning that two of the most respected Wallabies of the last few years would be making these statements.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sharpies respected by the team and was robbed the chance to fix the team culture by being fucked about by Robbie in the twilight of his career when he should have been the full time captain. Instead he was just there or thereabouts the squad.

It feels like he is taking his opportunity to try and affect a change for the positive without Robbies limp wristed approach to discipline getting in the way.

Not sure if I agree with you Charger regarding Sharpe. His form was questionable in 2009 and people were calling for him to be dropped and that new blood had to be established. In 2010 he was kept in the side as I recall Horwill get injured and they needed experience, this despite him not having the greatest of Super campaigns.

In 2011 surprising to some he had an excellent Super campaign but the 2010 test season had finished with him not being in the first choice locking duo. That was hardly surprising.

Yes he made the 2011 WC squad but more as insurance than anything else, and tournament squads from all over the world have those types of players 'just in case'.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Looks like it a lynchin' for Homebrand is on the cards.

Has anyone ever sat him down and had a proper honest one on one, or many on one, behavioural discussion with him?

Is he actually capable of processing a discussion of that nature, and subsequently making the required behavioural changes?

Not sure that Le Frogges teams will be all that tolerant of any toxic behaviours he may carry on with if he heads over there.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
There's 14 teams in France, most of which have money to burn at the moment not including the fact that Qatari TV is apparently going to quadruple their TV income from next year. I'm sure there'll be one club chief who will indulge JOC (James O'Connor)'s every wish and tolerate every fuck up. He'll probably let him play 10 as well.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Unfortunately JOC (James O'Connor) has been a self centred precocious brat since at least age 15. Back then even the league scouts were taken aback by his figjam attitude and sense of self importance when he was interviewed.
Boy he can play footy though when he's 'on'.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
There's 14 teams in France, most of which have money to burn at the moment not including the fact that Qatari TV is apparently going to quadruple their TV income from next year. I'm sure there'll be one club chief who will indulge JOC (James O'Connor)'s every wish and tolerate every fuck up. He'll probably let him play 10 as well.

Can we play Shute Shield matches in the middle of the night to suit whatever time slot Qatari TV bloody well wants?

M

Muttonbird

Sorry what alcohol excess?
I'm just echoing what your own senior players are saying. They're not happy with his late night/early morning antics and haven't been for a long time. Their words, not mine. You'd have to be naive to think that alcohol is not harming this guy's career in any way. Hell, I drink a lot and it harms my career and relationships. In O'Bieber's case, the ship isn't going to right itself.

M

Muttonbird

The market sets the salary, not the employee, so just climb down from your high horse for a second. I'm sure there are plenty of people that invested in your life as well. Is it ok if your old year 7 science teacher comes up to you in the street and asks what salary you earn, then asks how you divvy it up?

As for the "excessive" alcohol consumption, I am not sure what you are measuring this against. When I was in my early 20's I was pretty much wasted every Friday and Saturday night. My point being, that a 23 year old piss head in Australia is not very unique.

It isn't so black and white that his choices are that he can be a 23 year old party boy, or a 23 year old Wallaby. He can be both, just not so much of the first one in public.
The alcohol consumption is excessive when it damages your career and relationships which is clearly happening in James' case.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Sharpie pulled no punches on the Rugby Club:I cannot remember someone so intimately connected with a team censuring a team member so clearly and openly.
When the Wobbs get together next (Tomorrow I think) JOC (James O'Connor) is supposed to be present and so is Sharpie.
Is that going to be a little awkward or did sharpie know that the potential meeting will not happen?
The comments of Sharpe and Horwill last night were telling. Usually recent ex-players and current players, will go to any length to avoid commenting directly on the issue. Nick McArdle actually prefaced his question to Horwill in those terms and Horwill seemed like he couldn't hold himself back. The comments of those 2 respected figures were as damning as anything you're likely to hear about a team mate. I loved the way Sharpe shot down each and every one of Martos attempts at defence.

I think that some underestimate the feeling against JOC (James O'Connor) in the current Wallably player group.

Status
Not open for further replies.