• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Italy vs Wallabies, EOYT 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheTruth

C'mon people! This is the A-team now. Or pretty close.

I don't like Lee's news about the field at all. I reckon Robbie should play a clip of the cheating Italians diving against Australia in soccer over and over again. But I digress.

This is an excellent team, and we're going to win, and I'm going to get on board the Robbie express. Or more accurately, the Robbie Express has finally arrived at my station where I've been waiting 3 years.

Jeez I hope you are right - Walls by 20

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
We are the Wallabies. They are the Italian Rugby team. Not the Italian soccer team, the rugby team. Should they defeat us tomorrow every member of the Wallabies squad deserves atomic wedgies

If we lose to Italy, I will be at the Airport throwing 15 different types of cheese at the bloody Wallabies when they return!!:angryfire::angryfire:

Were we not making similar noises before the Scotland game last year? And are there other folks who thought we could have lost when watching the 2nd half of the last two games in Itay?

No probs, Deans is going to sweet talk the ref.
So long as Deans is the last one to speak to Berdos this could work. He is prone to take advice from such persons.

A pity that AR Bryce Lawrence didn't tell referee Berdos the right thing at the start of that Lions test when Schalkie did his thing. Had he said "I recommend a red card, instead of 'at least a yellow'," the Lions may have won the series. Berdos would have taken it as an instruction.

If a Frenchmen were to ref the game I would have preferred Romain Poite to Christophe Berdos, warts and all, and he has a few. He has not been particularly kind to the Wallabies but the Italians will play Berdos like a violin as they do already in the Top14. They don't play Poite, a man of few words.

Poite has none of Berdos' introspective questionings nor shades of truth and untruth. He has an aversion to doubt about what he sees and to the finer tints and shades of rugby action. For him things are black or white, whilst Berdos sees the gray in them.

Berdos worries me.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Were we not making similar noises before the Scotland game last year? And are there other folks who thought we could have lost when watching the 2nd half of the last two games in Itay?

So long as Deans is the last one to speak to Berdos this could work. He is prone to take advice from such persons.

A pity that AR Bryce Lawrence didn't tell referee Berdos the right thing at the start of that Lions test when Schalkie did his thing. Had he said "I recommend a red card, instead of 'at least a yellow'," the Lions may have won the series. Berdos would have taken it as an instruction.

If a Frenchmen were to ref the game I would have preferred Romain Poite to Christophe Berdos, warts and all, and he has a few. He has not been particularly kind to the Wallabies but the Italians will play Berdos like a violin as they do already in the Top14. They don't play Poite, a man of few words.

Poite has none of Berdos' introspective questionings nor shades of truth and untruth. He has an aversion to doubt about what he sees and to the finer tints and shades of rugby action. For him things are black or white, whilst Berdos sees the gray in them.

Berdos worries me.

But the problem with Random Putain is, it's what the voices tell Random Putain, not what's actually happening. Sometimes, things are grey. That's why Berdos is a MUCH better referee than either Lawrence or Putain.

Lawrence should never have reffed again after that gutless cop-out.

Best French ref at the moment, I'd reckon, is Garces. A ref who I would rate very highly; refs it as a good ref would ref a club game - and that, btw, is a compliment.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
I would have preferred Romain Poite to Christophe Berdos
Wash your mouth out LG! Sure Berdos might worry you, but if our leadership group steps up and gets in his ear that could work in our favour, and you know he can't handle Rocky's icy glare.

To quote T78 for emphasis
the problem with Random Putain is, it's what the voices tell Random Putain, not what's actually happening

C

chief

Evening alll this is going to be a tough game for Australia. I feel Italy will take this one. I genuinely worry for the Wobs scrum, and Berrick Barnes at Inside Centre. I really don't know what Berdos will give us, or give Italy. By a mile Poite is the best French ref, and for that matter one of the best in the world. It's too much of a toss up. Italy by 5.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Just in case anyone (like me) has wasted time researching illegal trout streams, this mama is live on Channel 10. :)

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member

Scarfy - which chapter from your book on french philosophers will this go into?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
This is an excellent team, and we're going to win, and I'm going to get on board the Robbie express. Or more accurately, the Robbie Express has finally arrived at my station where I've been waiting 3 years.

The dropping of Gits was enough to put you on the Robbie express??

Langthorne down, Scarfie down.....

R

Rothschild

I think the dropping of gits was enough to get many back onside. Great piece of pr work by the dingo

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
If Barnes has a poor game I wonder how many people will say that Gits never should have been dropped and that he was a vital cog in the backline,

If Barnes has a poor game i'm lobbying for JOC (James O'Connor) to 12 against the french not that it will happen.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
You've got to admit Gags, that th side is slowly evolving towards to the G&GR consensus team. All we need is JOC (James O'Connor) to 12, Baxter to 16, and we're there.

Moving Rocky to 8 was another sought after selection. Watch out for that one around June 2011.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Robbie's clearly been holding the "drop gits" card up his sleeve for pr emergencies, like two consecutive losses to England and then a loss to Munster.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
What about David Lyons to 8 he always looked handy for the scarlets, or possibly John Roe he was useful on the rugby games.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I hope Quade isn't so stung about the reaction to his defence last week, that he spends all game trying to prove he can tackle and his offensive game goes missing.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ok so who's up? And are we having a live chat tonight?

Looking forward to the Wobs showing they've got more than we sometimes give them credit for. If they don't I'm gona be seriously pissed off. Let's go here.

Wallabies by 8. Carnnnnn!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.