• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ISA 2024

RahRahRugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
What a year it's been for ISA.

I'd like to conclude this season with a couple of awards.

MVP:
My MVP across the competition undoubtedly goes to Charlie Blank, the #7 from St Augustine's. Charlie had an outstanding year in Rugby, excelling not only on the field but also in his vital leadership role at Auggies.

Charlie’s list of accomplishments is impressive, including selections for the ISA1 and NSW Schools 2 teams, of which won the National Schools Championship. His remarkable performances have earned him the chance to represent Australia later this year as part of the Australian Schoolboys Team—an extraordinary achievement.

Beyond his individual accolades, Charlie captained the all-conquering Auggies team, setting an exemplary standard both on and off the pitch. His respectfulness, eloquence, and leadership are a true testament to his character.

While he may not be the flashiest or most thrilling player to watch, his ability to lead his team and conduct himself with poise is what, in my view, has rightfully earned him this year’s MVP title.

Rising Star:
My Rising Star this year goes to Year 11 Student Oscar Cleary, the flanker from Kinross. Oscar was a somewhat untouted prospect coming into this season, with no real mention of his name. His rise started early in the year, and ISA selectors noticed this, placing him in the ISA1 Team. His performances in that team earned him the #8 jersey in the NSW Schools 2 Team.

Just like Blank, Cleary was a standout across the tournament for NSW2 and was picked in the Australian Schoolboys side, playing later this year. Being in Year 11, and from Kinross, it's an outstanding achievement for him, and he'll be a big piece for Kinross next year if they want to challenge the best.

Most RahRah-esque Player:
This marks the inaugural crowning of the RahRah Player, and if you’ve been following the forum all year, you’ll know which player reminds me of my younger self back in the day.

The rigorous, powerhouse Italian Stallion, Luca Caruso, had an exceptional year—a player who truly made his own luck. Luca started the season in the 2nds for Oakhill, but his impressive form in the opening trial games against Barker and Shore quickly earned him a spot in the 1sts against Joey’s.

From that moment on, he never looked back. Always a threat for a sneaky try, Luca also showed admirable discipline, never engaging in hooligan behaviour.

Luca’s outstanding season led to his selection for ISA1 honours, but it wasn’t without its challenges. He faced a tough setback with an injury, forcing him to sit out the match against Kinross. However, he bravely returned for the Auggies game, donning headgear to push through. Throughout, Caruso displayed grit, elusiveness, and, most importantly, that special X-Factor, qualities of the great RahRah.

I’d like to congratulate Luca on a remarkable year, one that has earned him the first-ever RahRah Trophy—surely the pinnacle of his young career.

RahRahRugby2

Frank Row (1)
Can we get a 1st XV prediction for Auggies with players, and also players to look out for, and finally crown the captain, then compare to other GPS teams next year.

ISA

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can we get a 1st XV prediction for Auggies with players, and also players to look out for, and finally crown the captain, then compare to other GPS teams next year.
Toughly contested next year but this is how i believe they will line up.
1. Jaidon Makoni (16As)
2. TBC
3. Carter Garner (16As)
4. Josh Arundel (16As)
5. Casey Bray (16As - year 12 next year playing down an age group)
6. Archie Isherwood (1st XV/2nd XV)
7. Cooper Fenn (1st XV/2nd Xv)
8. Noah Rylands (1st XV)
9. Chase Geros (1st XV/2nd XV)
10. Xavier Walsh (2nd XV/3rd XV)/Jack Kalms(16As)
11. Ollie Metcalf (1st XV)
12. Archie Breakwell (1st XV/2nd XV)
13. Beau Alexander (1st XV)
14. Eddie Bryant/Sonny Collela (16As)
15. Jack Kalms(16As)/Beau Alexander(1st XV)/Max Elkins (16As/Bs)

Honorable Mention
16. Sifa Oldfield (No.8)
17. Oscar Ryan (Prop)
18. Manu Elliot ( Centre)
19. Jake Medved (Fullback/Wing)
20. Patrick Donnan (Prop/Hooker)
21. Aston Mcauley (Halfback)
22. Tom Longland (Wing/Centre)
23. Christian Fyfe (Fullback/Wing/Centre)

Honorable honorable mention. Lachie head who is also a good fit for the 10 position but i dont believe he has the skill to match Jack Kalms, Xavier Walsh, or Max Elkins.

The Fullback position will be incredibly contested with Christian fyfe also being a class player to watch. I do believe that if not playing 10 Jack Kalms will play fullback. His pace, Footwork, rugby iq and kicking game are second to none and will definitley be a player to watch in the coming years. Intrested to see how the team will shape up next year.

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)
Toughly contested next year but this is how i believe they will line up.
1. Jaidon Makoni (16As)
2. TBC
3. Carter Garner (16As)
4. Josh Arundel (16As)
5. Casey Bray (16As - year 12 next year playing down an age group)
6. Archie Isherwood (1st XV/2nd XV)
7. Cooper Fenn (1st XV/2nd Xv)
8. Noah Rylands (1st XV)
9. Chase Geros (1st XV/2nd XV)
10. Xavier Walsh (2nd XV/3rd XV)/Jack Kalms(16As)
11. Ollie Metcalf (1st XV)
12. Archie Breakwell (1st XV/2nd XV)
13. Beau Alexander (1st XV)
14. Eddie Bryant/Sonny Collela (16As)
15. Jack Kalms(16As)/Beau Alexander(1st XV)/Max Elkins (16As/Bs)

Honorable Mention
16. Sifa Oldfield (No.8)
17. Oscar Ryan (Prop)
18. Manu Elliot ( Centre)
19. Jake Medved (Fullback/Wing)
20. Patrick Donnan (Prop/Hooker)
21. Aston Mcauley (Halfback)
22. Tom Longland (Wing/Centre)
23. Christian Fyfe (Fullback/Wing/Centre)

Honorable honorable mention. Lachie head who is also a good fit for the 10 position but i dont believe he has the skill to match Jack Kalms, Xavier Walsh, or Max Elkins.

The Fullback position will be incredibly contested with Christian fyfe also being a class player to watch. I do believe that if not playing 10 Jack Kalms will play fullback. His pace, Footwork, rugby iq and kicking game are second to none and will definitley be a player to watch in the coming years. Intrested to see how the team will shape up next year.
Will be interesting to see how things shape up. Definitely going to be a task against Oakhill.

Choptackle

Chris McKivat (8)
Will be interesting to see how things shape up. Definitely going to be a task against Oakhill.
It’s going to be hard to back up from what Auggies had this year, unfortunately like many great teams, such as Kings last year, there will most likely be a pretty significant decline next year with a lot of year 12s departing, as well as some major internal changes within the staff regarding the team. However Auggies have a few players in key positions who should hopefully lead the team strongly in 25.

Agent

Watty Friend (18)
Stannies and Kinross was a great day off footy. I watch multiple games. Stannies won 15a's about 15-3 and 1sts 17-14. Kinross won 16a's 15-12, 4ths about 36-0, 3rds about 27-0, and held on for a narrow win in the 2nds by a few points.

Congrats to Stannies on ending up on top in a really fantastic game of footy that went from end to end in the 1sts. You talk about critical moments during games well Stannies had 2 on Saturday - the first was when their 13 created something out and of nothing from loose ball, to kick and chase, to burnt Kinross with speed to score a 95 metre try. The 2nd was an intercept to score under the posts. Kinross was right in the game but couldn't bring it home at the end. Well done to both teams.

Kinross should be well positioned for a good showing next year. There seems to be a good number of year 11 players scattered through the 1sts and 2nds. I am not saying they are premiership contenders anything silly like that but hopefully their rugby program keeps building and they can give a few Sydney teams some headaches. Bring on next year.