• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ISA 2024

Thatrugbyguy

Frank Row (1)
Auggies beat Greg’s 64-19
Greg's were very poorly disciplined and this is no excuse but played with 14 after the first 15 minutes. Not reflective of a game that had potential to be somewhat 'competitive'.

Dissappointing the game was such a blowout in the end. Auggies, pure class.

moa999

Charlie Fox (21)
Already announced for female sport

And same for Newington

DaSchmooze

Jim Clark (26)
Already announced for female sport

And same for Newington
So an association that was started because CAS refused to admit more members is now admitting CAS schools...

The ironing. Oh, the ironing!

ISA

Peter Burge (5)
Rumor coming out of the auggies camp is that Cyrus bloomfield has sustained a calf injury and will miss this weeks game. Can any Oakhill confirm this rumor or deny it.
Go the green and gold

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
So an association that was started because CAS refused to admit more members is now admitting CAS schools...

The ironing. Oh, the ironing!
I too love the irony of it all.

It's an interesting contrast to what happens with independent girls' schools sport where all schools no matter how old they are or how recently they started are welcomed into IGSA and play sport on an equal basis.

oakmilk

Bob McCowan (2)
Auggies U16's teamlist ahead of the big game:
1. Jaiden Makoni
2. Carter Garner
3. oscar ryan
4. Josh Arundel
5. Rory Toole
6. Casey Bray
7. Ozzie Andrews
8. Sifa Oldfield
9. Aston Mccauley
10. Jack Kalms
11. Sonny Colella
12. Manu Elliott
13. Tom Longland
14. Eli Mork
15. Christian Fyfe

Last edited:

Brumbie run

Bob McCowan (2)
Now now now, ladies and gentlemen the time is nearly upon us.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Players of St. Augustine's Rugby Team,

This weekend marks a monumental clash on the rugby field—a contest of grit, determination, and pure heart. As you prepare to face Oak Hill, remember that you are not just representing yourselves, but an entire community that believes in you, supports you, and stands by you.

Oak Hill may have their accolades, but it is Augs that has the spirit, the unity, and the unwavering commitment to excellence. You have trained tirelessly, pushing your limits day in and day out. You have forged bonds of brotherhood that are unbreakable, and it is this unity that will be your greatest strength on the field.

Think of the countless hours spent perfecting your skills, the sacrifices made, and the challenges overcome. Each tackle, each pass, each sprint has prepared you for this moment. This is your time to shine, to show everyone what St. Augustine's is made of.

When you step onto that field, play with the heart of champions. Remember the values instilled in you—integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. Every cheer from the crowd is a testament to their belief in you. Channel that energy, let it fuel your passion, and let it drive you forward.

Do not fear your opponents. Respect them, yes, but never doubt for a second that you have the power to outplay, outthink, and outlast them. Use your speed, your strength, and your strategic brilliance. Trust in your training, trust in your teammates, and most importantly, trust in yourselves.

Today is not just another game; it is an opportunity to create history, to leave a legacy that will be remembered for years to come. Play with everything you have, leave nothing behind, and whether in victory or in the learning moments, know that you have given it your all.

St. Augustine's, Saturday is your day. Go out there and seize it. Play with pride, with passion, and with the indomitable spirit that defines you. The field is yours to conquer.

Let’s make history, St. Augustine’s!

Last edited:

HipDrop

Frank Row (1)
Im very excited for these coming fixtures with Oakhill and St Augs. Is there any players to look out for in the under 16s and the 1st XV?

HP

JamesPapallo

Frank Nicholson (4)
Im very excited for these coming fixtures with Oakhill and St Augs. Is there any players to look out for in the under 16s and the 1st XV?

HP
No U16s is a bit irrelevant as of right now, however Oak hills 1s is full of 16 Year olds so i'd hope for auggies sake that the 16s from Brookvale can secure a win. Don't get me wrong when I say this i'm fully aware of their 16s in the 1s ability and agree with their selection but would be an upset to see the augs 16s loose.

Last edited:

oakmilk

Bob McCowan (2)
Listen here young buckaroo, I gain from your messages you're an u16 at Auggies, back in my day we left the g&g speaking to the opens and that's what you need to do. The 1stXV is the main event this weekend yea no more chat about those u16s.
Cheers BrumRun out.
open forum pal, if youre going to bring this attitude to our sacred forum i suggest you think twice :mad:

DaSchmooze

Jim Clark (26)
I too love the irony of it all.

It's an interesting contrast to what happens with independent girls' schools sport where all schools no matter how old they are or how recently they started are welcomed into IGSA and play sport on an equal basis.

Wasn't always the case but they seemed to have put aside their differences to get the right outcome.

HipDrop

Frank Row (1)
No U16s is a bit irrelevant as of right now, however Oak hills 1s is full of 16 Year olds so i'd hope for auggies sake that the 16s from Brookvale can secure a win. Don't get me wrong when I say this i'm fully aware of their 16s in the 1s ability and agree with their selection but would be an upset to see the augs 16s loose.
Great to see the young guns playing with the big boys should be an exciting game between the first XVs

92Eyesupfooty

Stan Wickham (3)
Hey guys am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone else has noticed that Aug's has been producing some classy second rowers over the past few years? With old-boys such as Max Douglas (just signed for the Scarlett reds in Wales), Matt Phillip (28 caps for the wallabies) and current students Aron Brennan (Australian schoolboys 2023, NSW schools 1 2024), and Josh Arundel (2024 u16 Waratahs) you've got to wonder what the schools canteen are feeding the boys down in Brookvale. On another note am going to watch some of the fixtures down at Rat park this saturday and am excited for the anticipated matchups, any predictions?

oldblokegaz

Frank Row (1)
A Tale From Old Bloke Gaz: Auggies v Oak

In a small but fiercely competitive corner of the sporting world, two storied rivals, St. Augustine's and Oakhill, are set to face off once more for ISA Rugby supremacy.

The tale of these two old foes begins decades ago when St. Augustine's, known for their fiery approach and strategic prowess, first clashed with the relentless and spirited Oakhill team. From their inaugural match, it was clear that this was not just a game; it was a battle of pride, tradition, and heart.

St. Augustine's, with their rich history of excellence, have always been right there at the top of schoolboy rugby. Their game, characterised by meticulous planning and a focus on precise execution. Their forwards are powerful and their backs are swift, making them a powerful force in full flight.

On the other side of the pitch, Oakhill brings a different kind of energy. Their style is often described as gutsy and fearless, driven by a fierce determination and a never-say-die attitude. Their players, known for their incredible bond and a knack for turning the game around in the final stages.

The stage is set for an epic showdown, one that has been anticipated with bated breath by students, old boys, fans and players alike. The rivalry between St. Augustine's and Oakhill is more than just a game; it’s a battle for honour, a clash of titans where every tackle and try carries the weight of history. The players know that tomorrow’s game will be more than just a contest; it will be a testament to their skill, grit, and unyielding resolve.

Tomorrow, when the whistle blows and the teams take to the field, the battle will once again be about more than just the score. It will be a test of character, strategy, and the indomitable spirit that defines these two great teams.

Tomorrow, legends will be made, and the echoes of this game will be felt long after the final whistle blows.

The winner will claim not just the ISA Rugby bragging rights but also the latest installment in a legendary saga.