• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ISA 2024

Wallyworld

Frank Row (1)
Link Below for Video of Oakhill-Knox Game.
It was great to see and hear a great atmosphere from the Oakhill crowd throughout the game. I'm sure it certainly helped lift them for the occasion of Gala day.
No. 13 was great scoring a Hat-trick and I think the bold leaping take from No 4 off the kick off really set the tone and intensity from Oakhill for the rest of the game.
Looks like the penalty at the kick off set the tone for some poor refereeing. Knox 6 is not allowed to contest????????

1716788336496.png

RahRahRugby

Herbert Moran (7)
ISA Rankings Week 4
ISA Rankings.png

St Augustines:
The SAC boys continue their undefeated march in 2024...just.

Waverley seemed like a true test for what was deemed by many as the best team in the state. Although, maybe, this was a bit of a wake-up call for them. But in saying all this they did win, and are still undefeated, proving they can win in many different ways against various teams. Should be another good game this week - probably less tight than last week, but should provide quality rugby.

Who's gonna stop em'?

Oakhill:
Starting to find themselves picking up rhythm here in what was a really important win in various ways. They lived up to and probably exceeded many expectations on the weekend, comfortably beating a good Knox outfit, while putting on quite the performance for the big crowd that turned up in masses.

Another massive test this week against a heartbroken Waverley team who will be out for revenge on the ISA teams. The Match Of The Round and should again provide some quality rugby.

It could be a scary sight if Oakhill win this week, going into the ISA season with some red-hot momentum...

St Pius:
Comfortable win for the Pius lads on the weekend over a much less formidable Aloys opponent.

Nonetheless, they continue their winning streak and impressive trial form, pushing the narrative that they will take it up to the top dawgs of the competition.

This week should be another blowout victory for them, putting them in some cracking form to start the ISA season.

St Patricks:
A very good bounce-back win for the Pat's boys on the weekend against what is deemed a relatively strong Grammar side this year.

The results from Pats' trial period don't blow you away, but what keeps me optimistic is there two superstars, and in the case of the short ISA season, all it takes is for one upset to rattle the whole competition, the reason Pats can easily make a push for the premiership if a result or two go there way.

Although they will need to be at their best to beat Barker this weekend...

Kinross:
Good win for Kinross this weekend, disposing of Cranbrook.

Again Kinross are lacking that consistency which does worry me, but they are providing some very positive results showing they can be a strong side come ISA season.

Many ISA sides have already played Trinity during this trial period so the result could stem some narratives depending which way it goes...

St Gregs:
Another very positive result for Greg's beating Trinity.

Gregs are looking like a bit of a surprise packet, in which I wrote off too early and apologise to them for.

Aloys this week, which should be another win for the Campbelltown boys, putting them in good stead for this ISA season.

St Stanislaus':
I was very high on Stannies coming into this week, although it was a disappointing thrashing from Barker that might have halted the good form they were in.

Cranbrook should be a good test this weekend, not only in Rugby but also in their resilience. I expect the lads from Bathurst to bounce back like they always do and take this game in a close one. It should be another great game.

We might be on for another ISA sweep this round so see below for my Prayer to the Footy Gods:

Hail Footy Gods, full of grace, the Lord is with the ISA teams. Blessed art thou among the fixtures, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, RahRah.

Holy Footy, Father of the Great Game, we were ever so close to the clean sweep last week, therefore, Pray for our teams, allow the training and preparation the ISA lads put in this week to propel them to victory in all games, now and at the hour of our games.

Amen.

moa999

Alfred Walker (16)
Looks like the penalty at the kick off set the tone for some poor refereeing. Knox 6 is not allowed to contest??????
Contest yes.. if the Knox player had also jumped it would have been a fair contest. Had there say been a head clash I could see a penalty going the other way due to the forwards momentum of the Oakhill player creating the situation.

But in this case I think Knox 6 didn't jump and ended up taking out the Oakhills players legs which almost flipped him.

DaSchmooze

Bob Loudon (25)
Has any taken the time to put together a combined CAS / ISA table together based on the trials and then comp rounds?
Ok so here it is.

Please note the following:

1) This table is nonsense and meaningless! Why? because not every school plays the exact same schools and not every schools plays the same number of the opposite association
2) The tabling comes in the following order - Match points average (an unbeaten run means you average 3 points per game) then differential
3) Pius have finished as the play CCGS this weekend and that game doesn't count
4) This table is nonsense and meaningless BUT a great way to start an argument so have at it :)

CASISA Cup
Playing:Against:Won:Lost:Drew:For:Against:Diff:Game PointsPoints Average
Barker
Kinross, Pats, Stannies, Gregs​
9​
Pius
Aloys, Cranbrook, Trinity​
3​
Kinross
4Barker, Aloys, Trinity, Cranbrook21969337
Oakhill
Waverley, Knox, Trinity​
Auggies
Waverley, Cranbrook, Knox​
Cranbrook
Pius, Stannies, Kinross, Pats, Auggies​
1391128-376
Pats
Cranbrook, Trinity, Barker, Knox,​
126997-285
Knox
Oakhill, Pats, Auggies​
Waverley
Oakhill, Auggies, Stannies​
Gregs
Aloys, Trinity, Barker​
113234-24
Trinity
Pats, Pius, Oahkill, Kinross, Gregs​
452120-684
Stannies
Cranbrook, Barker, Waverley​
22471-472
Aloys
Gregs, Pius, Kinross​
21599-842

EDIT - Apologies to Kinross - I had your results in wrong. Amended now.

Last edited:

DaSchmooze

Bob Loudon (25)
ISA Rankings Week 4
View attachment 19038

St Augustines:
The SAC boys continue their undefeated march in 2024...just.

Waverley seemed like a true test for what was deemed by many as the best team in the state. Although, maybe, this was a bit of a wake-up call for them. But in saying all this they did win, and are still undefeated, proving they can win in many different ways against various teams. Should be another good game this week - probably less tight than last week, but should provide quality rugby.

Who's gonna stop em'?

Oakhill:
Starting to find themselves picking up rhythm here in what was a really important win in various ways. They lived up to and probably exceeded many expectations on the weekend, comfortably beating a good Knox outfit, while putting on quite the performance for the big crowd that turned up in masses.

Another massive test this week against a heartbroken Waverley team who will be out for revenge on the ISA teams. The Match Of The Round and should again provide some quality rugby.

It could be a scary sight if Oakhill win this week, going into the ISA season with some red-hot momentum...

St Pius:
Comfortable win for the Pius lads on the weekend over a much less formidable Aloys opponent.

Nonetheless, they continue their winning streak and impressive trial form, pushing the narrative that they will take it up to the top dawgs of the competition.

This week should be another blowout victory for them, putting them in some cracking form to start the ISA season.

St Patricks:
A very good bounce-back win for the Pat's boys on the weekend against what is deemed a relatively strong Grammar side this year.

The results from Pats' trial period don't blow you away, but what keeps me optimistic is there two superstars, and in the case of the short ISA season, all it takes is for one upset to rattle the whole competition, the reason Pats can easily make a push for the premiership if a result or two go there way.

Although they will need to be at their best to beat Barker this weekend...

Kinross:
Good win for Kinross this weekend, disposing of Cranbrook.

Again Kinross are lacking that consistency which does worry me, but they are providing some very positive results showing they can be a strong side come ISA season.

Many ISA sides have already played Trinity during this trial period so the result could stem some narratives depending which way it goes...

St Gregs:
Another very positive result for Greg's beating Trinity.

Gregs are looking like a bit of a surprise packet, in which I wrote off too early and apologise to them for.

Aloys this week, which should be another win for the Campbelltown boys, putting them in good stead for this ISA season.

St Stanislaus':
I was very high on Stannies coming into this week, although it was a disappointing thrashing from Barker that might have halted the good form they were in.

Cranbrook should be a good test this weekend, not only in Rugby but also in their resilience. I expect the lads from Bathurst to bounce back like they always do and take this game in a close one. It should be another great game.

We might be on for another ISA sweep this round so see below for my Prayer to the Footy Gods:

Hail Footy Gods, full of grace, the Lord is with the ISA teams. Blessed art thou among the fixtures, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, RahRah.

Holy Footy, Father of the Great Game, we were ever so close to the clean sweep last week, therefore, Pray for our teams, allow the training and preparation the ISA lads put in this week to propel them to victory in all games, now and at the hour of our games.

Amen.

I think it's going to be a stretch for us this weekend. the weak spots will be Pats/Barker and Stannies/Cranbrook

Up until last weekend, I would have pegged Stannies for the win against Cranbrook, but I suspect they are dealing with injuries at the moment - particulaly in the the tight 5.

Barker has had a softer trial season than most, but Pats will need to be firing on all cylinders to beat them.

SuperCoach12

Bob McCowan (2)
Ok so here it is.

Please note the following:

1) This table is nonsense and meaningless! Why? because not every school plays the exact same schools and not every schools plays the same number of the opposite association
2) The tabling comes in the following order - Match points average (an unbeaten run means you average 3 points per game) then differential
3) Pius have finished as the play CCGS this weekend and that game doesn't count
4) This table is nonsense and meaningless BUT a great way to start an argument so have at it :)

CASISA Cup
Playing:Against:Won:Lost:Drew:For:Against:Diff:Game PointsPoints Average
Barker
Kinross, Pats, Stannies, Gregs​
9​
Pius
Aloys, Cranbrook, Trinity​
3​
Oakhill
Waverley, Knox, Trinity​
Auggies
Waverley, Cranbrook, Knox​
Kinross
Barker, Aloys, Trinity, Cranbrook​
Cranbrook
Pius, Stannies, Kinross, Pats, Auggies​
1391128-376
Pats
Cranbrook, Trinity, Barker, Knox,​
126997-285
Knox
Oakhill, Pats, Auggies​
Waverley
Oakhill, Auggies, Stannies​
Gregs
Aloys, Trinity, Barker​
113234-24
Trinity
Pats, Pius, Oahkill, Kinross, Gregs​
452120-684
Stannies
Cranbrook, Barker, Waverley​
22471-472
Aloys
Gregs, Pius, Kinross​
21599-842
This has got be a joke, Barker and Pius ahead of the likes of Waverley, Auggies and Oakhill is criminal

DaSchmooze

Bob Loudon (25)
Agreed , I think barker has had the easiest trial games for their standards by far out of anyone else.
Which is pretty odd for them. They did have that close loss to Riverview in Week 1 but have won all of their trials from that point onwards. What value do you place on winning games versus playing harder games? Only they will be able to answer that.

Choptackle

Herbert Moran (7)
Which is pretty odd for them. They did have that close loss to Riverview in Week 1 but have won all of their trials from that point onwards. What value do you place on winning games versus playing harder games? Only they will be able to answer that.
Yeah, It may very well be a case of them pumping up their own tyres thrashing teams below their standards to bring some confidence for the CAS season. Unfortunate to see, it wouldve been good to see them go up against the like of Auggies, or Oakhill especially this year.

DaSchmooze

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah, It may very well be a case of them pumping up their own tyres thrashing teams below their standards to bring some confidence for the CAS season. Unfortunate to see, it wouldve been good to see them go up against the like of Auggies, or Oakhill especially this year.
They also played Oakhill at the end of last term. I didnt include any trials from Term 1 as there weren't enough across the board to warrant inclusion. The table is for this term only.

moa999

Alfred Walker (16)
good idea in theory, but the logistics of it would be a nightmare, leave that to someone who did Maths in highschool...
And also things change year to year. . Plus a question as to whether you do it for all year groups or just 1st 2nds.

GPS has only done dual rounds for a handful (think this is the 6th year) and only started after pushing Grammar and High to 3rds (and they might need to go further) and some improvement in rugby focus from Shore.

Ideally the best system at schoolboy level if you combined things would be a Swiss Style systems where you arrange matches after each weekend based on the new ladder with close matched teams playing each other every week.

But you'd be throwing out a lot of history to do so, and it would be an organisational nightmare.

RahRahRugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Oakhill 1st XV Team List vs Waverley 1st XV @ Queens Park 3:15pm

Unchanged team list for Oakhill this week.

1. Marcus Odd
2. Luke Muriti
3. Julian Carruthers
4. Tom Alloggia
5. Will Casey
6. Rigorous Powerhouse Italian Stallion
7. Ryan Scott
8. Sam Polley
9. Flynn Farrell
10. Luke Alderson
11. Cyrus Bloomfield
12. Joe Harvey
13. Mitch Holmes
14. Jack Taylor Hannify
15. Darcy Feltham

Injured fullback Tom Halmarick was seen looming at training for the first time since breaking his nose at Shore. Will be interesting to see how they manage between him and Feltham after this weeks trial.

number8bro

Bob McCowan (2)
Any early predictions for round 1?

Pats v Kinross and Pius v Stannies will both be super close games, hard to predict which teams will come away with the win!
I reckon we all know the outcome of Gregs v Oakhill, but I'm always hoping to see some upsets.

Pats v Kinross
Kinross by 2+ (Backing the boys from Orange on this one)

Stannies v Pius
Pius by 5+

Oakhill v Gregs
Oakhill by 7+

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-29 184322.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-29 184322.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 129

Ruckonnnn

Frank Row (1)
Greg's played well last week against Trinity showing depth whilst rugby league CCC trials were on. They really struggled with discipline in the first half but recovered in the second half scoring a few late tries to secure the win, very close game.
- 12 and 13 linked well together and looked dangerous with every touch of the ball.
- Greg's suffered injuries to their 10 and 5 who played well prior.
Greg's should win comfortably next week against Aloys if injuries aren't too substantial.

Anyone have an update on the Greg's lock and fly half?