• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2024

Rugbyhead

Frank Row (1)
After making the trip down from orange to Bathurst watching the stannies vs pius game I must say I was appaulled with the piss poor reffing that happened during the game. 38-7 penalty count to stannies with every 50/50 penalty going stannies way. An opportunity to get back to the lead with a few minutes to go pius throw on obvious backwards pass to go over which was called back and ruled forward. Country refs are really something else

KingD

Bob McCowan (2)
Unfortunately not the first time this year Kinross have had games cancelled on the morning of the game. As country people we know full well you can’t change the weather but it’s still disappointing and inconsiderate.
Many underage games been cancelled but first time 1sts and 2nds cancelled.
Would love to know if Conti and Woods were available??

Thatrugbyguy

Frank Row (1)
The first ISA fixture for Oakhill this weekend features the opens teams competing against various schools:

• Oakhill 1st XV vs. St Gregs 1st XV
  • Oakhill 2nd XV vs. St Gregs 2nd XV
  • Oakhill 3rd XV vs. Chevalier 1st XV
  • Oakhill 4th XV vs. St Gregs 3rd XV
  • Oakhill 5th XV vs. St Augustines 5th XV
  • Oakhill 6th XV vs. Joeys 13th XV

This weekend, Oakhill aims to make a powerful statement, demonstrating their readiness and determination to claim the premiership.
Oaks made a statement against St Gregs 1st XV and 2nd XV, obliterating them in both games by 50+ points. Oaks 3rd XV beat Chevalier 1st XV however, Oaks 4th XV went down in a nail biter to St Gregs 3rd XV who have expressed their desire to take out the ISA 4ths competition.
St Gregs 1st XV forwards were no match to the Oaks forwards, their dominance in scrums and authority of rucks determined the game to be likened to men playing against boys. The backs did the rest piling the points on in the first half, breaking away to 40-0 at halftime. St Gregs fought back to an extent in the second half, holding Oaks to 14-7, maintaining a none-the-less embarrassing scoreline compared to the 80-0 forecasted at halftime.

DaSchmooze

Bob Loudon (25)
After making the trip down from orange to Bathurst watching the stannies vs pius game I must say I was appaulled with the piss poor reffing that happened during the game. 38-7 penalty count to stannies with every 50/50 penalty going stannies way. An opportunity to get back to the lead with a few minutes to go pius throw on obvious backwards pass to go over which was called back and ruled forward. Country refs are really something else
That's a very surprising result.

Reactions: ISA

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Young bloke is finished at school level but there was always a few Barry Gomersall style refs in the Stannies home games.

BurritoBoy

Frank Row (1)
I was there… more than a few decisions were perplexing to say the least. Thought Pius looked good otherwise against a bigger pack for much of the game.

DaSchmooze

Bob Loudon (25)
I was there… more than a few decisions were perplexing to say the least. Thought Pius looked good otherwise against a bigger pack for much of the game.
A 38-7 penalty count (if this in fact accurate) sounds iffy to me. That's Pius getting pinged every two minutes for the whole game - you'd struggle to intentionally do that.

I know there have often been questions raised about the standard of refereeing at Stannies. Penalty counts like that don't auger well for other teams making the trip west.

Wallyworld

Frank Row (1)
Young bloke is finished at school level but there was always a few Barry Gomersall style refs in the Stannies home games.
What's more galling is they don't even make a pretence of being impartial. The mingling of the referee and touch judge with the Bathurst crowd afterwards - hand shakes, laughs and "well done's" makes you wonder why schools bother making the trip

Pull ya socks up

Bob McCowan (2)
Sock Height Wrap-Up:

Oakhill hosted game 1 of the ISA this week, completely annihilating the Gregs boy. Awesome start to the competitive season

The Ankle Height Sock Committee (AHSC) expanding rapidly this week includes:

No.11 Cyrus Bloomfield (Needs no introduction)
No.2 Luke Muriti (c)
No.15 Darcy Feltham
No.12 Joe Harvey
No.3 Julian Carruthers
No.14 Jack Taylor-Hannify

Disappointing week on the grooming side of the ball, Oakhill selfishly kept focused on the footy. On top of that, Ryan Scott showcased a minging haircut, no signs of marination since the Waverly game.

Your Aesthetic Player of the Week goes to Marcus Odd, Oakhill's Loose-head prop. Been a close candidate every week but he completely swept the competition this week. Head tape ✅Shirt tucked in ✅Short back and sides ✅ SOCKS UP ✅. Iconic.

Socks up and out.

Desmond

Stan Wickham (3)
Its a great tradition the quality reffing at Stannies.

over_the_hill

Frank Row (1)
A 38-7 penalty count (if this in fact accurate) sounds iffy to me. That's Pius getting pinged every two minutes for the whole game - you'd struggle to intentionally do that.

I know there have often been questions raised about the standard of refereeing at Stannies. Penalty counts like that don't auger well for other teams making the trip west.
It is very inaccurate. Penalty count was 16 - 14 to Stannies. Second half penalty count was 7 all, and Stannies had a player yellow carded for team infringements.
Never any credit given to the players, just constant complaints about referees.

RahRahRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
On top of that, Ryan Scott showcased a minging haircut, no signs of marination since the Waverly game.
While on the topic of Ryan Scott, a little fun fact.

With Jamie Brown entering the game in the closing stages, Oakhill ran out of jerseys, so as the great bloke he is, Ryan swapped his Jersey with Jamie. Although, little did Ryan know this was the first time since 2022 that someone else other than himself has had that 7 on their back - a real credit to Mr Scott's consistency and longevity.

Further, I would like to mention a couple of my Oakhill standouts for the weekend:
- Darcy Feltham, this kid is the real deal.
- Sam Polley, has bloody good ball skills for a forward.
- Mitch Holmes, this guy just runs at holes and there's not much anybody can do about it.

Looking forward to another great weekend of ISA Rugby this Saturday. Stay woke for my tips...
Love Always, Rugby Enthusiast
RahRah.

They/them

Frank Row (1)
While on the topic of Ryan Scott, a little fun fact.

With Jamie Brown entering the game in the closing stages, Oakhill ran out of jerseys, so as the great bloke he is, Ryan swapped his Jersey with Jamie. Although, little did Ryan know this was the first time since 2022 that someone else other than himself has had that 7 on their back - a real credit to Mr Scott's consistency and longevity.

Further, I would like to mention a couple of my Oakhill standouts for the weekend:
- Darcy Feltham, this kid is the real deal.
- Sam Polley, has bloody good ball skills for a forward.
- Mitch Holmes, this guy just runs at holes and there's not much anybody can do about it.

Looking forward to another great weekend of ISA Rugby this Saturday. Stay woke for my tips...
Love Always, Rugby Enthusiast
RahRah.
On the topic of Jamie Brown, he would have made a spectacular chase-down tackle but Mitch Holmes gets in the way and allowed Gregs to make another 20 meters

bigrugbyguy

Frank Row (1)
It is very inaccurate. Penalty count was 16 - 14 to Stannies. Second half penalty count was 7 all, and Stannies had a player yellow carded for team infringements.
I must agree after making the trip to Stannies the game was a hard fought win especially being a man down with less than a try lead. Needs to be more credit given to the Boys from Bathurst they were just the better team on the day the ref had no involvement in the final score.

Wallyworld

Frank Row (1)
Fair point re the players, but the rumblings are getting louder. You need to get rid of that old cheat, or schools will stop coming down.

RahRahRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
St Pius - Mickey Mouse Trials or Unlukcy Start?

After going undefeated against some lower-tier schools, everyone thought Pius was on for something big this year, including myself. However, a disappointing result @ Bathurst has raised some serious questions.

Even with the historically biased refs from the country, a deficit of 15 points can not be entirely blamed on the officials. So the question looms; Are Pius true frauds and is the Pius propaganda finished?

The answer to this everlasting question will be found out this weekend when they face the Tog Dawg St. Augustine's.

DaSchmooze

Bob Loudon (25)
St Pius - Mickey Mouse Trials or Unlukcy Start?

After going undefeated against some lower-tier schools, everyone thought Pius was on for something big this year, including myself. However, a disappointing result @ Bathurst has raised some serious questions.

Even with the historically biased refs from the country, a deficit of 15 points can not be entirely blamed on the officials. So the question looms; Are Pius true frauds and is the Pius propaganda finished?

The answer to this everlasting question will be found out this weekend when they face the Tog Dawg St. Augustine's.
The truth lies possibly in between.

The results they secured in the trials stand on their merits. They weren't close wins - pretty dominant from the score lines posted. I suspect that they may have got a case of the speed wobbles last weekend. I'd still be backing them more often than not.

Although probably not against Auggies this weekend.