• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ISA 2024

SuperCoach12

Bob McCowan (2)
St Pius - Mickey Mouse Trials or Unlukcy Start?

After going undefeated against some lower-tier schools, everyone thought Pius was on for something big this year, including myself. However, a disappointing result @ Bathurst has raised some serious questions.

Even with the historically biased refs from the country, a deficit of 15 points can not be entirely blamed on the officials. So the question looms; Are Pius true frauds and is the Pius propaganda finished?

The answer to this everlasting question will be found out this weekend when they face the Tog Dawg St. Augustine's.
I think Stannies simply outperformed Pius across the park during the weekend up at Hogwarts.

Ruckonnnn

Frank Row (1)
After making the trip down from orange to Bathurst watching the stannies vs pius game I must say I was appaulled with the piss poor reffing that happened during the game. 38-7 penalty count to stannies with every 50/50 penalty going stannies way. An opportunity to get back to the lead with a few minutes to go pius throw on obvious backwards pass to go over which was called back and ruled forward. Country refs are really something else
Yeah mate, the refereeing in Bathurst has got to be the worst I've seen, and it's been consistent for a very long time. Might be old boys with the whistle or maybe some pocket money involved.

Ruckonnnn

Frank Row (1)
Oaks made a statement against St Gregs 1st XV and 2nd XV, obliterating them in both games by 50+ points. Oaks 3rd XV beat Chevalier 1st XV however, Oaks 4th XV went down in a nail biter to St Gregs 3rd XV who have expressed their desire to take out the ISA 4ths competition.
St Gregs 1st XV forwards were no match to the Oaks forwards, their dominance in scrums and authority of rucks determined the game to be likened to men playing against boys. The backs did the rest piling the points on in the first half, breaking away to 40-0 at halftime. St Gregs fought back to an extent in the second half, holding Oaks to 14-7, maintaining a none-the-less embarrassing scoreline compared to the 80-0 forecasted at halftime.
It was the 9 in the second half that made all the difference. Cracking young player!

SuperCoach12

Bob McCowan (2)
SC, since you were lucky enough to be able to make the trip and watch the game, who were the standout players for Stannies and Pius respectively?
Thanks, Rugby Enthusiast
RahRah
Absolutely RahRah. I can highlight one standout player: Cooper Watters had an exceptional game. I believed he scored twice and made several impressive breaks, Some would put his performance up there with Latrell Mitchell's game 1 2021 Origin performance. Oakhill should keep a close eye on him this weekend, as he could be a key threat to Stannies having any chances.
SC out.

Wallyworld

Frank Row (1)
I must agree after making the trip to Stannies the game was a hard fought win especially being a man down with less than a try lead. Needs to be more credit given to the Boys from Bathurst they were just the better team on the day the ref had no involvement in the final score.
The refs penchant for penalising Pius in their own half whilst in possession allowed Stannies to camp inside Pius territory for long periods. This had an enormous bearing on the result. After a clearing kick bounced straight out upfield, Pius were penalised for being offside 50 metres away. Stannies scored straight after. This was one of many perplexing decisions

What's more galling is they don't even make a pretence of being impartial. The mingling of the referee and touch judge with the Bathurst crowd afterwards - hand shakes, laughs and "well done's" makes you wonder why schools bother making the trip
luckily they are awful at rugby to even the playing fields.

Forwardpack101

Stan Wickham (3)
Anybody got word on younger age group predictions or even any players any particular right through from 13A to 16A
From what I’ve heard:
13’s: Pats are strong, between them oakhill and auggies
14’s: Auggies
15’s: From what I’ve heard quite a strong age group. Haven’t heard closely enough to predict one although It’s a good sign this is a strong age coming through so definitely one to be kept an eye on
16’s: Would say oakhill but not sure how many they have playing 1s/2s

RahRahRugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Oakhill’s 16A’s had a tough start to Term 2 with losses to Riverview and Joeys but since then have found some really good form.

Lukas Butler (Backrow) started the year in the 1’s but has moved back to the 16A’s and currently backs up for the 1’s. Cyrus Bloomfield (Fullback, Centre, Winger) is also playing on the wing in the 1’s, but those are the only two that have played opens.

RahRahRugby

Herbert Moran (7)
RahRah’s Sacred Tips - Round 2

St Augustine’s v St Pius

Auggies by 28 surfboards.

Oakhill v St Stanislaus’
Oakhill by 17 biased country referee calls.

St Patrick’s v St Greg’s
Pats by 5 newly refurbished homes.

ISA

Frank Nicholson (4)
Do you know if Auggies played with their full-strength team or if they brought up some players from the seconds?
Auggies played their full strength team minus Aron brennan and Joe walsh who were both out with minor injuries. And they brought up many of the boys who went to japan from the seconds and put them on quite early in the game to rest the stars for their first ISA clash this weekend

ISA

Frank Nicholson (4)
Anybody got word on younger age group predictions or even any players any particular right through from 13A to 16A
From what I’ve heard:
13’s: Pats are strong, between them oakhill and auggies
14’s: Auggies
15’s: From what I’ve heard quite a strong age group. Haven’t heard closely enough to predict one although It’s a good sign this is a strong age coming through so definitely one to be kept an eye on
15s will go down between Auggies and Oakhill as they have both won 1 each since U13s. My son plays in this 15s age group and its certainly competitive but im going to go Auggies just.

Forwardpack101

Stan Wickham (3)
15s will go down between Auggies and Oakhill as they have both won 1 each since U13s. My son plays in this 15s age group and its certainly competitive but im going to go Auggies just.
Yeh interesting to hear. Is your son an A’s player. If so is there any players in particular or any underdog teams that could be a chance

ISA

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yeh interesting to hear. Is your son an A’s player. If so is there any players in particular or any underdog teams that could be a chance
Auggies have gotten a player to play down from the 16s. Harry smythe, he plays fullback and after watching him against eddies in the first few weeks he is a player to be reckoned with. Potentially Auggies best player. Oakhill are also very strong. But with stannies star player and captain Tom Champion moving to Kings I think they have to be out of the mix. Pats were better last year but after a disapointing couple of trials I really can only be led to believe that it will end with Auggies and Oakhill.