• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

IRB U/20 Tournament and Oz Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I can see us scoring and missing the conversion although Volavola has kicked well.

That penalty is bs.

Game over. Very disappointing performance. I thought we were contenders.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Shocking stuff. Were completely outplayed across the park :/

Still qualify for the semis but I feel we're just making up the numbers.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Out-muscled. Frogs deserved the win.

Hopefully we are still in it.

We don't deserve to be in it with that tepid performance...the Reds can do with Quirk...

Blimey...we are in the semis still...but against the Baby Blacks!

W

waves

Australia's loss see's them qualify as the best runner up which will see a NZ v AUS semi final meanwhile FRANCE v ENGLAND. Im tipping an NZ v ENG final.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Dont be so quick to hand it to the Kiwis; they have smashed 'nobodies' to be honest. They are very proficient with the ball, but their tight 5 is nothing special. The Argies had them flying backwards at scrum time and the Italians hit them hard at the breakdown in the 2nd half.. As usual, they have a potent backrow and an electric 3/4 line, but they can be managed out of a game.

The French game will have hardened and tightened the Aus team up considerably and they will be ready to face an undercooked Kiwi side when they will be deserved underdogs.

(For those who think positively).

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I only saw the second half but my few observations:
- Michael Hooper was outstanding
- The forward pack weren't too bad, fairly even contest I thought. Ed Quirk had aome good mongrel about him, and Luke Jones carried well.
-Line out struggled
- Our inside backs were very poor, defensively and in attack.
- Either our halfbacks can't pass, or Volavola is standing way too far away.
- Kimami Sitauti looked good when he managed to get his hands on the ball

It will be a bit of a miracle if we beat NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.