• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

HSBC Tokyo 7's - Easter 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Scots look awfully pretty in pink & tackling like Molly Ringwald (many of you will need to google her, sorry 'bout that). NZ 7-0 with 2:30 until HT.

Try Stowers, 12-0 unless Waaka kicks it from the touchline. Does, 14-0.

Try Scotland after the HT hooter, 14-7.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Waaka will surely get binned for that slap-down. Does & Scotland walk over for the try, 14-14. We can't lose to Canada AND Scotland on the same day, can we?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Yeah, nah, but fuck me that was close, try after the FT siren seals it 21-14.

NZ now have 115 series points & will retain 3rd place overall even if England beat Sethfricka. Which they won't, blitzbokke looking awesome this weekend.

DJF almost looks embarrassed as some Japanese guy hands him a waiter's tray......................

image.jpg

.................. he'll need to regrow some hair but other than that I see no reason he can't be the new Willie The Waiter post-rugby (non-Waikatoans may need to google him. Sorry 'bout that).

7-7 in the 3rd/ 4th playoff, Canada are playing out've their skins today.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Try Canada & a Fijian could be in a spot of bother here, tackle was way high. No card & no conversion, Canada 12-7 with 3:20 left.

Try Canada, under the sticks, 19-7 coming up. Fiji looked like a Ferrari all weekend, now looking like a Festiva.

Kiss of death works again, Fiji pull it back to 14-19, 0:45 left. C'mon Canada Oh Canada!

Try Fiji right on the siren, 21-19. Fiji now have 125 series points, even if Sethfricka lose the GF they'll stay top & Fiji 2nd.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Crowd seems a little thin in Tokyo. Almost Gold Coast-ish.

With RWC 2019 being held there, I hope they do some more marketing.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^ haven't been able to find any crowd numbers but, yes, looks a tad sparse although looks like the (covered?) stand where the cameras are has decent numbers whereas the open stand opposite & the ends are pretty barren. Weather won't be helping, either, looks to be fair pissing down up there.

Senatla possibly scores in the corner, ref wants to check & no try, lost it short of the line.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Insane try SA, 7-7. Frankie Horne with the perfect kick-pass. SA Lamborghini starting to growl.........

HT, still 7-7. Seths being dragged down to Poms skill level, partly by the weather but mostly by trying to do too much too quickly. Need to be more patient.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Well double fark me, SA Lamborghini looking very Lada-ish right now, some Pommy bloke goes 80-odd metres & it's 21-7 with 4:15 on the clock. Afrika pulls one back, 21-14.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^ no they can't, Poms win.

SA now have 129 series points & retain top spot. England now have a neat 100 & go 4th overall.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Crowd seems a little thin in Tokyo. Almost Gold Coast-ish.

With RWC 2019 being held there, I hope they do some more marketing.

Can't say I'm familiar with Japanese sports grounds, but that place looks like the equivalent of playing the Sydney event at Lidcombe Oval. (which I had cause to visit a couple of months ago, and it has not changed one bit since the 1980s)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
For the record:
Australian Men’s Sevens results in Tokyo, Japan, 4-5 April:
Australia 10-12 Portugal, Pool B
Australia 14-17 Scotland, Pool B
Australia 19-14 New Zealand, Pool B
Australia 14-5 Kenya, Bowl Quarter-Final
Australia 17-12 Wales, Bowl Semi-Final
Australia 12-17 USA, Bowl Final

Final placings for the Tokyo Sevens (Top 6): 1. England (22 World Series points), 2. South Africa (19 points), 3. Fiji (17 points), 4. Canada (15 points), 5. New Zealand (13 points), 6. Scotland (12 points), 7. Japan / France (10 points), 9. USA (8 points), 10. Australia (7 points)

Current standings in the 2014/15 HSBC Sevens World Series after seven rounds (Top 6): 1. South Africa (129 World Series points), 2. Fiji (125 points), 3. New Zealand (120 points), 4. England (100 points), 5. Australia (91 points) 6. USA (71 points)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
⚠️ WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! ⚠️

Byron Kelleher sighting:

image.jpg

Yeah, nah, got no idea WTF it's meant to mean, I'm just trying to mess with yo' head, @Dismal :) And yes, I DO have similarly creepy googled images of Muke LcAlister & Lasesa Tavea. Don't MAKE me use them.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^^
Don't make me ban you for forum indecency! That cannot be unseen, nor uncontemplated.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^ I used those ⚠️⚠️ thingy's. Anything you saw & now can't unsee after that is YOUR problem. Deal with it :) God knows we had to..........

Status
Not open for further replies.