• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

HSBC Tokyo 7's - Easter 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Portugal may well defeat Scotland on their own merits, but I couldn't see them throwing the match for any purpose let alone to advantage the English.

The Scots don't mind taking the English cash, but they still need an enemy to hate.;)
ce2ccc8206a84acb11ee912e3df46d7fb3c92a379a20a5929e5c790815ec08ef.jpg

Don't reckon we'd do it. We could, but it'd be pretty disgusting.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
When a line in your national song refers to kicking a Pommie Nobleman's arse all the way home, I can not see any Scot (or SH footy player with a Scot grandparent) ever granting the Soap Dodger's any concession whatsoever. The Scots are proud and honourable folk.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Kenya? Didnt their whole programme get done for steroids?

Keith Quinn has to be put out to pasture. It's just one long senior moment here in 2013.

spunks aplenty in the Dutch womens team. I'm sorry but there were absolute gales of laughter here when the oompa loompa #9 made a break.

The kicking skills are not flash. In fact, none of them have any idea how to kick the rugby football at all. What is the opposite of ambidextrous anyway? Still. They're the Dutch womens rugby team in skintight clobber. It's like some sort of a grot mag fantasy come to life.

i dont reckon Walker fucked that try up to throw the game but to cover some sort of point spread/individual try scoring bet. Only explanation when you see it. Virtually inexplicable.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
When a line in your national song refers to kicking a Pommie Nobleman's arse all the way home, I can not see any Scot (or SH footy player with a Scot grandparent) ever granting the Soap Dodger's any concession whatsoever. The Scots are proud and honourable folk.

Although only 45% want to be independent from England unlike the victors of Bannockburn;)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
England 10-7 over Wales. Wales had a penalty after the bell at half time with an English player sin-binned. Instead of tap and go with 6 v 7, they kick it out and go to half time:confused:

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
First meat to the Single Malts (#5 Gregor) after about a million passes. SCO 7 AUS 0 with 4 minutes left.

Aark - Jeloudev knocks on after a bit of a dodgy pass from Clarkies Boy. SCO ball at scrum.

Single Malts (4 Tomkins) get meat pie after 5 phases. Conversion is good. SCO lead 14 - 0

AUS missed 6 tackles so far. 1 minute left to oranges.

Unless there is a rocket up their backsides at half time... they should just get on the plane and come home.

But wait there's more. Nick Malouf gets meat and chopsticks on the hooter.
It's Oranges - AUS 7 SCO 14.

Con Foley gets meat and chopsticks after twist and spin after an offload from Parahi. Scores tied up 14 all. 4:30 left.

Walker and Fou deployed from the bench with 3:40 to go.

Walker taken into touch 10 metres out from SCO line. They win lineout and grind it up to 22 m line. PK to SCO. 2 minutes left. Kick doesn't make touch. AUS on attack. but messy play.

SCO PK and they make touch this time. Their lineout with 30 sec left. Won by SCO.
Siren sounds with SCO on attack and in possession. Aus D is holding.

PK to SCO 15 metres out and they take quick tap instead of goal kick.

AUS penalised for offside (Jenkins), 5 metres out and just to the right of the posts.

SCO convert PK and win 18 - 14.

Bugger. 2 x L in pool play and yet to play NZ. We are stuffed and the Soap Dodgers will towel us up in Qlympic qualifying points this time around.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Scots kick a penno to win a match full of blatant refereeing errors, this has characterised the whole day in Tokyo so far.

I can imagine Geriant John spitting in the dressing room afterwards.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Well, we don't need to throw that game against Portugal anymore. :p

Blatantly wrong not 10 call nearly took it away from, good enough in the end.

Still annoys me how shit our depth is. Vernon and Eddie should really be permanent 7s players.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Scots kick a penno to win a match full of blatant refereeing errors, this has characterised the whole day in Tokyo so far.

I can imagine Geriant John spitting in the dressing room afterwards.

The ref in the Japan v Argentina game was much worse. (by the length of the straight)

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I've missed all the 7's games up till our match with the Scots. I say we deserved to lose, our handling was crap & our defense was soft. Very frustrating game. I was shouting at the Scots in the dying moments to hurry up & put us out of our misery.

Looking forward to the battle between Samoa & Japan.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Lets hope we can win the bowl and that England don't do any better than 7th.

Qualifying for the Olympics is no sure thing for us if we miss out on the top 4. Especially given Samoa have suddenly remembered how to play.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What the actual fuck. We did pretty well last week going narrowly down to NZ and SA. How the fuck has this happened? We've just conceded a fuck load of points to England and they have a home series coming up.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^WTF happened? Who knows - Rugby 7's is a funny game. All it takes is one bad defensive read or a missed tackle and the game is lost.

Samoa just beaten by Japan.

Awesome effort by the Brave Blossoms.

NZL had to come from behind last week to draw with Portugal. 'Tis indeed a funny old game.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Simple answer is that you've gone from hot and fairly dry to cold and somewhat damp.

Outside the top 3, the ones that seem to be doing well are the ones that have come from winter conditions.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Simple answer is that you've gone from hot and fairly dry to cold and somewhat damp.

Outside the top 3, the ones that seem to be doing well are the ones that have come from winter conditions.

Those conditions should favour us with our style of play!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I've missed all the 7's games up till our match with the Scots. I say we deserved to lose, our handling was crap & our defense was soft. Very frustrating game. I was shouting at the Scots in the dying moments to hurry up & put us out of our misery.

Looking forward to the battle between Samoa & Japan.

We were worse against Portugal.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
^^^WTF happened? Who knows - Rugby 7's is a funny game. All it takes is one bad defensive read or a missed tackle and the game is lost.

Samoa just beaten by Japan.

Awesome effort by the Brave Blossoms.

NZL had to come from behind last week to draw with Portugal. 'Tis indeed a funny old game.

But for some very odd refereeing Japan could have beaten Argentina as well.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Although from what the commentators are saying the field is hard and fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.