• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

How excited are you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
Congrats on the 5000. You've inspired me. Only 4925 to go.

BTW. I'm totally fired up too. Can't wait. Furious at the missus though - she invited non rugby people over for lunch at 12.30 sunday. And the cow won't put them off. Divorce her???

08umema

Testicles, wheelbarrow, and a recent trip to sub-Saharan Africa. Can you work with that?

Sounds reasonable. I will now leave it in your capable hands to mix those three together into an intriguing yet believable story.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
The AUSTAR guy just finished the install this minute - I'm locked and loaded!!

(He, of course, talked about nothing but NRL - "say you're watching the semi-finals and you want to see how Parra's doing ...")

Don't say AUSTAR. I have to watch the Cup on FTA because I live in one of the very few blackhole for AUSTAR reception. :angryfire:

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Congrats on the 5000. You've inspired me. Only 4925 to go.

BTW. I'm totally fired up too. Can't wait. Furious at the missus though - she invited non rugby people over for lunch at 12.30 sunday. And the cow won't put them off. Divorce her???

No, just ignore them and they'll go away. That or if you are anything like me, your constant roaring at the TV followed by leaping 4 feet into the air will scare them off.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The AUSTAR guy just finished the install this minute - I'm locked and loaded!!

(He, of course, talked about nothing but NRL - "say you're watching the semi-finals and you want to see how Parra's doing ...")

Scarfy has cracked. He has become mainstream. The world is ending, I tells ya.

D

daz

I wish I turned the TV off after that game because I ended up watching the replay of the 2003 world cup final and that hurts as much now as it did back then. Before that I was pumped but the imagine of Wilkinson slotting that drop goal has once again been burned into my memory..

On the eve of the RWC you post that? Why? Why would you do that?

Don't you read the bible? Commandment #11: Thou shalt not refer to that fucking drop-goal ever again.

Give yourself an uppercut.

:)

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

He did say a little while back that he was 'only borrowing' a TV for the RWC.

Do you think he will know which way it goes on the table, I mean plasmas are thin and long, not like those boxy things he last had 20 years ago. And that funny little candy bar-sized thing with buttons on it, will he get the hang of that or will he miss games as he struggles to find the knobs and dials near the screen?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf

I have 120 essays to mark, and the 1999 final is on. Faark! I guess I'll just do the usual: put a tick at the end of every second paragraph and give them a credit.

Here's the setup. Not exactly a home entertainment system, but I'll work on it.

Attachments

• tv.jpg
    tv.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 181

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Nah, I put very little thought into all those posts, as many would attest. ;)
Besides, I'm not 10 years old!

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
On the eve of the RWC you post that? Why? Why would you do that?

Don't you read the bible? Commandment #11: Thou shalt not refer to that fucking drop-goal ever again.

Give yourself an uppercut.

Where in the bible was that little gem hidden. Would have paid more attention in religion if I had realised God was a Rugby man.

:)

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I have 120 essays to mark, and the 1999 final is on. Faark! I guess I'll just do the usual: put a tick at the end of every second paragraph and give them a credit.

Wow you go hard with the feedback. In my undergrad it was often par for the course to get 3000wd essays back with a grade and the paper in otherwise pristine condition.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

Are you a Uni lecturer? If so, which one? As if that's your marking criteria, please don't be mine as I have recently handed in some work and I put too much effort for just a credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.