• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Highlanders v Rebels RD 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
What is with the refs in 2014, overall quality of destroying games with penalties. The new scrum rules is to stop the resets not give more penalties.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I've never met anyone who admitted Dunedin was their home town:confused:
Ha ha, true. Fair enough win to the Highlanders, but some scrum decisions were a bit of a coin-toss. Which came up "Highlanders" a bit. The Rebels are going well. No bunnies by any stretch.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Poor play Rebels. I can understand running it initially but after a couple of hit ups going no where in their own 22 they really needed to hoof it down field to try & get a turn over in a better territorial position.

Great pressure from the Clan though.
you are assuming the rebs have some one who can actually kick more than about 20 metres

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The Rebels improvement this season is fantastic.
Hope they keep giving Strizaker game time so we can see just how much he might offer - he was a good youngster but maybe hasn't played enough footy as an adult.
Thought he was twice as good tonight as last week.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
very disappointed (again) another game lost for want of better execution at critical times and a better plan to get out of the 22. i can understand the hit up philosophy especially as we don't have a big boot, but the highlanders just dwelt on the second phase (their defenders were offside a lot i thought) and put increasing pressure on the eventual kicker, often woodward on his wrong foot.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Poor play Rebels. I can understand running it initially but after a couple of hit ups going no where in their own 22 they really needed to hoof it down field to try & get a turn over in a better territorial position.

Great pressure from the Clan though.
Can't say I would agree with this. 90 seconds left and hitting it up the guta hasn't worked for five phases so hoof it up field and turn it over? Patience. Hit it up tight and work it wider to find some gaps. Look at ABs v Ireland last year.
Take your time and don't panic. I can't imagine the fan reaction if they had kicked that a way. Hope you're not a coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.