• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Highlanders v Rebels RD 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I enjoyed the game. Would have loved to have won. At least we got bonus point. Main issue is our kicking - Ellison on full twice, Roberts not finding touch from penalty and couple of times we should have kicked out from inside 22 instead giving Highlanders chance to run it.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Gotta say, although they lost this Rebel's team would be easy to support, they sure tend to give it heaps, similar to Highlanders, you know they won't win the comp, but it easy to enjoy the gusto they play with!!

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
What a load of bollocks cyclo, anyone that didn't YC that spear tackle sure ain't hometowning the opposition!!

Pollock was bad both ways, 24 penalties in the match with a close enough count. The offsides at the 2nd line out was a crap call that gave you a try so you did benefit from it.

As for the spear, you can watch it as many times but it's not worth a yellow, Smith was his own worst enemy trying to keep going when tackled around the leg. If Smith just went to ground in the tackle it would have never happened, yes the defender has to take some responsibility but so do the attacking players at times.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Can't say I would agree with this. 90 seconds left and hitting it up the guta hasn't worked for five phases so hoof it up field and turn it over? Patience. Hit it up tight and work it wider to find some gaps. Look at ABs v Ireland last year.
Take your time and don't panic. I can't imagine the fan reaction if they had kicked that a way. Hope you're not a coach!

Right back at you. Nice insulting tone there.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
To be honest, I missed the "spear" tackle, so fair call. I thought the scrum penalties were a basket case.

Agree about the scrums. The "spear" tackle although accidental and non injurious was an honest yellow. You just can't lift someone like that.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep, I think there will be a citing from spear tackle. And to be fair Cyclo,I can't argue with you about the scrum penalties, as I struggle to see who is to blame on TV, but I perhaps not as expert on the rules and the work tight head props do on looseheads as some on here. Just thought I would point out I didn't think it was a hometown performance by the Ref (Geez,I am starting to defend refs what has happened to me!!)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Smith should've been penalised for that tackle, he was held and got up. If he didn't get up he wouldn't have got tipped.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
There were times when the rebels looked outplayed at the scrums, but more often the Highlanders loosehead looked like a wee Bairn going fer a feed.

There was certainly a bit of home town Redding going on, but the tip tackle and the other yellow card offence (can't remember what it was) probably makes up for it.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
There were times when the rebels looked outplayed at the scrums, but more often the Highlanders loosehead looked like a wee Bairn going fer a feed.

There was certainly a bit of home town Redding going on, but the tip tackle and the other yellow card offence (can't remember what it was) probably makes up for it.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Pat bumped the flanker running off a line out, they called it a shoulder charge. So soft I thought they were going to serve marshmellows to the players.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Smith should've been penalised for that tackle, he was held and got up. If he didn't get up he wouldn't have got tipped.

Completely agree, watched it a few times at half time and think it will be harsh if he gets suspended. Smith is a great player but actually causes the lift and at no time does McMahon try to actually tip him, he just holds on while smith try's to get away.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Wonder how much more of Kurt Baker we'll be seeing this year. Should be gone for the season for this, especially after we've all seen just how horrific the consequences can be be.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Wonder how much more of Kurt Baker we'll be seeing this year. Should be gone for the season for this, especially after we've all seen just how horrific the consequences can be be.

Way worse than McMahon tackle.

Sent from my LG-E975K using Tapatalk

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Yeah, Higgers was I trying to get Pollock to go back and look at it on the big screen. If he had, it would have been 14-15 the rest of the game. Red card all day for mine because it actually seems intentional, unlike 99% of other lifting tackles you see.

You could probably say it not being picked up cost the Rebels the game. A one man advantage for 70 mins in such a tight contest would have surely influenced the outcome.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't know how the AR could've missed a player being up ended so dramatically, even if it was away from the play.........

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep would think Baker would go for a fair spell for that one too, as for Smith is responsible for McMahon lifting his legs, I would think that is grasping at straws to a ridiculous degree. I would imagine a smart lawyer may use the fact that baker didn't actually drop him but put him down, but I would want to see a better angle than shown there, because that sure looks bad!! Is anyone going to put up the video of the Mcmahon tackle?? Be interested to see it again as I seem to of seen that one a bit differently to other posters , I missed the bit where he got up while being held and that caused McMahon to lift his legs, but would sure like to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.