• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Highlanders v Rebels RD 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
No need to speculate, from the website this morning:

Lahiff dumped entirely which seems odd, thought he had a good game last week.

Lahiff looked absolutely rooted when he came off last week, so perhaps a rest was in order. i also thought it his best game, but Cruze Ah-nau played well when came on also

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Yea find it strange that it doesn't really talk about why Max was dropped out of the squad. Comments were made that he looked wrecked after the match, but after watching the replay last night (finally) I thought he had a good game against a wallaby prop. The Brumbies are no mean pack and they did get the wood on us a few time, but other occasions we did well too. Some creative wheeling and crabbing saved some turnovers and Benny Alexander even got pinged one from crabbing. Not east to stop when a pack has a good wheel on. He did have a few unlucky penalties awarded against him for being in the wrong place at the breakdown. Having said that Cruz played well when he came on and scrummed well enough to warrant another chance. I just think unlucky for Max.

Nice to see Roko getting a run, hopefully he sees some field time. Sau played well when he came on last week and has earned his starting spot. Pat played much better last week but I a few hooks he missed (albeit under a lot of pressure) might have cost him a start. Shota was great when he came on and really got involved around the paddock. A couple of import link ups that led to scores (Mitch's try in particular).

Looking forward to this match, I'm quietly optimistic (as usual).

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Yeah Max looked properly stuffed when he came off. Chest heaving as though he was at 5,000m altitude. Jo-burg will be an interesting test of his fitness!

Happy to see Shota given a start on merit. He was Ged's understudy and has done little wrong in the matches when he's had a significant run.

What is Colby's injury?

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Yeah Max looked properly stuffed when he came off. Chest heaving as though he was at 5,000m altitude. Jo-burg will be an interesting test of his fitness!

Happy to see Shota given a start on merit. He was Ged's understudy and has done little wrong in the matches when he's had a significant run.

What is Colby's injury?

According to the team announcement he's carrying a hip injury and hasn't recovered.

T

Tip

Hopefully the Rebels have watched the last 20 minutes against the Brumbies on repeat. Just to ingrain that style of play into their DNA.
They can beat any provincial team on the planet if they play like that

T

tranquility

I know it has already been spoken about, but I can't believe how well McMahon is going. I mean I knew he was good, but to play so much rugby at an age where he is probably 8 kilos lighter than his fully developed body is pretty incredible.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm more shocked in how little time he's put on at least 8kgs. He couldn't have been over 100kgs during the 7s circuit.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm more shocked in how little time he's put on at least 8kgs. He couldn't have been over 100kgs during the 7s circuit.

He's really not that big. I reckon he'd be 100 max. But yes, the ability of players to put on, and maintain, mass is somewhat staggering.

D

daz

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

My completely uninformed, made up and scandalous preview of the big game is on the front page.

It's notable for a complete lack of anything to do with the Highlanders. Or the game.

Not really a preview at all, one could say.

Tell your friends! Unlike as many times as you want!

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/highlanders-v-rebels-2014/

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

My completely uninformed, made up and scandalous preview of the big game is on the front page.

It's notable for a complete lack of anything to do with the Highlanders. Or the game.

Not really a preview at all, one could say.

Tell your friends! Unlike as many times as you want!

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/highlanders-v-rebels-2014/

Completely balanced article Daz. I'll put a pint on the fact that picture of Mitch, complete with bicep flex, is your desktop background (or at least has been this week).

D

daz

Completely balanced article Daz. I'll put a pint on the fact that picture of Mitch, complete with bicep flex, is your desktop background (or at least has been this week).

Don't need the desktop picture. He gives me the standard post-game hug and that keeps me going for the week.

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
You tipped them to win? Kiss of death!

I need to get the pessimism back on track. Highlanders by 20 at least. Phew, that feels better, I almost felt optimistic there for a second.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You tipped them to win? Kiss of death!

I need to get the pessimism back on track. Highlanders by 20 at least. Phew, that feels better, I almost felt optimistic there for a second.

So who will win? Well, Larkham and Fisher deserve credit for bringing the Brumbies squad into 2014 with all guns blazing and they are deserved conference leaders. This grubby, alcoholic and pitiful reporter however, is sticking to the Rebels bandwagon and if they hold the bloody ball in hand and attack attack attack, they could well get the choccies.

The grubby, alcoholic and pitiful daz got it right last week!

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
He used the term 'could', yes it's pedantic but he's outright tipping them this week. The blame rests squarely on your shoulders this week daz.

Reactions: daz
D

daz

The grubby, alcoholic and pitiful daz got it right last week!

It sure didn't look like it up to half-time last week! They got booed off the park after a 40 minute kick-fest.

The second half they held the ball and ran in waves. That is pure Rebels rugby, and they are very, very good at it when they get a sniff.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It sure didn't look like it up to half-time last week! They got booed off the park after a 40 minute kick-fest.

The second half they held the ball and ran in waves. That is pure Rebels rugby, and they are very, very good at it when they get a sniff.

Maybe they'd only read half your preview before the game and then read the bit about holding onto the ball at half time?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Hegarty out of the game. Smashed in the air but legitimate contest.

Roberts coming on :'(

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.