• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Galloping Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
It will be interesting to see which way Kelly goes for those last games and all things going well the elimination semis. The main criticism of Toby is that he doesnt take on the line and ask enough questions. To be honest and hurts me to say I think this has been a good call (pains me as Toby is a great fella, has been very loyal and had to endure a really tough year last year) the side seems to go better with Cayden or horwitz as chief playmaker.

Id like to see Samu back in the forwards too and it will happen but Coach I think Paila has been an absolute workhorse and close to our best the last few rounds. His fitness and work rate is much better then LaLa who to me is still at bit unfit. Wouldnt be a bad move to have a fresh reserve out of the 4 available backrow with possible paila starting at 7 and Connor coming on at half time for La La. Again this would depend on opposition - Connor would have to play full game against Uni with la la and paila sharing IMO.

The only other position under a bit of scrutiny would be Boileau at 9. I think his pass was pretty ordinary a times over the last three rounds even in the dry on Saturday. Doesnt bother me that he doesnt go himself as we have pace and skill out wide but possibly nugget if he can keep his composure is a better choice.

Wouldnt be suprised to see Cayden return at 12 and Horwitz stay at 10.

I like the fresh reserve idea and agree Paila has been good and provides some bulk to a smallish pack, especially with Aho now gone to France. Maybe he should start with La La and Connor with Samu replacing La La at half time as Samu still looks a bit short of match fitness to me.

I'd stay with Boileau although I agree he's still a work in progress, but I wouldn't complain if Nugget was promoted for the tougher games.

Agree about 10 and 12, but I do think Horwitz is able to do more himself with the extra room at 12.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
My predictions

Warringah (home) - Win with bonus
Penrith (away) - Win with bonus
Norths (home) - Win in tight one
Souths (away) - Loss (very hard to beat souths at home)
Uni (home) Loss with bonus

That should see us fill up eithier 5,6,7. - Most likely 6.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
When are the Tahs going to Argentina and will this impact Randwick as they could lose a couple of development players ?
I would think Hepetema, Samu and Horowitz would be chances of going?

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I like the Coaches back line team and thinking, however, if the boys throw themselves at the opposition like they did on Saturday we will be looking for replacement bodies.
Is there a definite call for the halfback not to have a scoot? as there were a few openings on saturday that had potential but were not tested.
Connor turned over some crucial ball on saturday , hence my vote as mom.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I like the Coaches back line team and thinking, however, if the boys throw themselves at the opposition like they did on Saturday we will be looking for replacement bodies.
Is there a definite call for the halfback not to have a scoot? as there were a few openings on saturday that had potential but were not tested.
Connor turned over some crucial ball on saturday , hence my vote as mom.
Great kid Connor and top player, a little on the small side to advance. appears frequently in your posts Sid you should ask to manage the kid :)

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I see Hepetema is planning to return to NZ after the SS to play in the ITM Cup. He's coming back to Oz though to try for a contract with the Tahs.
Do you know which ITM side? I like to follow the Aussie players in the ITM and would even consider supporting a Randwick player despite my genetic predisposition to hatred of the Myrtle Green (just kidding). I hope Fox cover this year's ITM as well as they did last year.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Do you know which ITM side? I like to follow the Aussie players in the ITM and would even consider supporting a Randwick player despite my genetic predisposition to hatred of the Myrtle Green (just kidding). I hope Fox cover this year's ITM as well as they did last year.
Yeah Peter Betham had a great ITM cup last year and forced his way into a strong back three at the tahs for most of the year. Think terrance actually has quite a bit of ability be interesting to see if he can make the next level.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)

No, sorry!
He was a Hurricanes schools' rep before the Wicks lured him to Sydney but I don't know if he has actually signed with a ITM team yet.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
No disrespect to Terrence, but a Savea or Two, or a Perenara would have been handy Hurricanes Schoolboys to lure over here as well.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
No disrespect to Terrence, but a Savea or Two, or a Perenara would have been handy Hurricanes Schoolboys to lure over here as well.
Terrance best mate is Perenara. Think Terrance would have been behind a few there and came looking for a shot, good on him

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Terrance best mate is Perenara. Think Terrance would have been behind a few there and came looking for a shot, good on him
Heaps of potential in Perenara, probably just needs to reign in his adventurous nature just a tad, but only a tad. His problem is that there a few good ones currently in front of him (esp Smith).

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Unchanged Randwick Line up for this weeks match at coogee. Harvey has sunk us on many occasions in the past (representing a few different teams). Be happy to see Samu swap with horwitz for the first few defence play and him and La La rush out of the line and Jam him to put him off his game.

Holmes brothers and welcome addition to Rats also, Randwick will have to be on their game!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The boys selected for the Argie tour with the NSW Barbars will impact on the Wicks.

Touring squad: Peter Betham, Berrick Barnes, Mitchell Chapman, Cam Crawford, Dave Dennis, Bernard Foley, Pat McCutcheon, Rob Horne, Sekope Kepu, Matt Lucas, Brendan McKibbin, Drew Mitchell, Tatafu Polota Nau, Paddy Ryan, Jeremy Tilse, Sitaleki Timani, Jed Holloway, Luke Holmes, Ben Volavola, Will Skelton, Tala Grey, Alofa Alofa, Jack Dempsey, Auvasa Falealii, Alex Gibbon, Terrence Hepetema, David Horwitz, Tolu Latu, David Lolohea, Usaia O'Sullivan, Kerren Straker, Sam Talakai, Keliti Vangalo, Liam Winton.

Holloway went to Waverley and played Junior club with Randwick in Under 17's/Opens.
Vangalo played Junior Club with Randwick until Under 14's.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Another sunny day at coogee with Wicks winning fourth grade 33-10 , third grade won 31-15 even though wicks got three yellow cards which showed poor refereeing rather than bad play.
Second grade played hot and cold , down 17-12 at half time they went on to win 38-17 including a penalty try.
First grade
Wicks came out with a bang and had three tries in the first 12 minutes to go up 17-0 Samu was opening the rats at will in the centres. Wicks were high risk high tempo and dropped ball gave the rats a scrum which got Harvey through for a try. A breakdown penalty gave Harvey another three . It seems the rats were getting points by taking advantage of any Wicks mistake.
At 24-24 it took a fifty meter run and try from Samu followed shortly after by Ford had Wicks 34-24.
The Wicks were hard on attack when another dubious breakdown penalty was quickly taken by the rats to score a length of the field try for an almost 14 point turn around. Wicks bounced back with a good try to wright on the wing with a good conversion from the sideline. The rats returned the favour with a try and the score was 36-41 Wicks way with 6 minutes to go.
The rats got three dubious breakdown penalties in the last 6 minutes which allowed Harvey to kick two and have the rats up 42-41.
Wicks had a last chance to get some points but got another breakdown penalty against them to allow the rats free meters upfield with only seconds to go.
Credit to the Rats, they would not go away but seven tries to five was more indicative of the game and yet again the Wicks fell short by a single point which must leave them wondering what happened in that last fifteen minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.