• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

France vs Wallabies, EOYT 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
just looked at the pre match...

Australia:
Kurtley Beale: James O'Connor, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Berrick Barnes, Drew Mitchell; Quade Cooper, Will Genia; Ben McCalman, David Pocock, Rocky Elsom (capt); Nathan Sharpe, Rob Simmons; Ben Alexander, Stephen Moore, James Slipper

Replacements: Tatafu Polota-Nau, Benn Robinson, Mark Chisholm, Scott Higginbotham, Luke Burgess, Matt Giteau, Lachie Turner

would love to see higgers' get a run, he's devastating in open play. Not sure about JOC (James O'Connor) instead of barnes kicking but if he misses a couple barnes can always take over.

my projected rating for the team

Australia:
Kurtley Beale - 9 expect kurtley to be pouncing like a cat tonight.
James O'Connor - 7 the break will leave O'Connor off the beat for the first 20 minutes
Adam Ashley-Cooper - 6.5 with another quiet night
Berrick Barnes - 6.5 will take over goal kicking at 20 mins but squander opportunity's in attack with his shit passing game
Drew Mitchell - impact player. 7
Quade Cooper - 8 he worked on his Defense last week and the french plan to send objects down the ten channel will fail epically (chabal is an object). Expect the quade to punish them in attack with his passing and stepping game
Will Genia - 7 solid game predicted
Ben McCalman - 6.5 neh poor defense... needs to make more tackles. hopefully a good run.
David Pocock will own as usual. On fire. 9
Rocky Elsom (capt) - 8.5 - storming runs in attack and great defense
Nathan Sharpe - sharpy will carry it over the advantage line every time. 7
Rob Simmons - after a strong start last week i expect another solid performance. 6.5
Ben Alexander - 6 - needs to get a bit more involved from what i've seen
Stephen Moore - beastly runs and defense will give him the edge - 8.5
James Slipper - good game last week. solid all round. 7
Replacements:
Tatafu Polota-Nau - don't know., Benn Robinson - won't come on unless someone gets owned, Mark Chisholm - wont come on, Scott Higginbotham - looking forward to him playing, Luke Burgess - will hopefully make an impact., Matt Giteau dont know, Lachie Turner dont know

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
going to be a wet,misersble slog--quite frankly conditions that the Wallabies struggle with
if we can get a win here,it will be an achievement

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Welcome aboard spikhaza,

If our fellows get anywhere near those ratings we won't have to worry about the result methinks. We shouldn't be too worried about player ratings at this point or the rabbiting on about a country's ratings. Who cares about them anyway when Oz is playing so poorly up front yet is highly rated by some arithmetic? It suspends reality.

There's a lot of things we worry about too much that doesn't signify. We should be more worried about if our forwards show up to play or not; or if we can somehow scrummage well enough not to be pinged a lot or carded - or not; or if we can play decently in the predicted weather conditions - or not.

I'm more worried about those things than ratings - and even more worried than if we can deal with the big French centres - or not.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
The French centers will be our main threat to contend with. Weak defense in recent time's from AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has sometimes worried me in that section. Barnes is decent at defending from his stint in NRL however.

I think the French will milk penalties in the scrum however their could be a problem with that in dingo telling the press that he's sick of preconcieved ideas from ref's about the scrum. Expect the ref's to watch for the milking and, if he see's what's going on early expect the wallabies to get the scrum penalties. However if dingo's plee fails expect another mixed night with the scrum.

The weather conditions are as usual appauling and hopefully the wallabies will be used to them by now and adapt.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
going to be a wet,misersble slog--quite frankly conditions that the Wallabies struggle with

yes, I suspect this will be the worst conditions we've played in since, well since Munster, but the worst conditions for a test match for a long long time.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
yes, I suspect this will be the worst conditions we've played in since, well since Munster, but the worst conditions for a test match for a long long time.

Yeah. I would go so far as to day I don't care that much about the result, in view of the challenging conditions, but I would like to see some composure/competition in all facets of the game. If we lose by 12 but we see a scrum that stands up, a solid lineout, competitive aggression at the breakdown and good support play, composure and overall good decision-making at 9-10-12 then I will count the game a step forward.

Of course, if we achieve those things, we'll have gone a fair way towards winning...... ;)

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

Not wet I think. Paris has had a few days of clear skies, against the forecast. But it will be cold.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
is there going to be a live chat? im seriously thinking of sleeping instead, its one thing to stay up all night, another to get up in the morning.

N

Newter

Welcome aboard spikhaza,

If our fellows get anywhere near those ratings we won't have to worry about the result methinks. We shouldn't be too worried about player ratings at this point or the rabbiting on about a country's ratings. Who cares about them anyway when Oz is playing so poorly up front yet is highly rated by some arithmetic? It suspends reality.

There's a lot of things we worry about too much that doesn't signify. We should be more worried about if our forwards show up to play or not; or if we can somehow scrummage well enough not to be pinged a lot or carded - or not; or if we can play decently in the predicted weather conditions - or not.

I'm more worried about those things than ratings - and even more worried than if we can deal with the big French centres - or not.

The point I was making about the IRB ratings is that, far from suspending reality, they're actually able to predict it in the majority of cases. Yes, predict the outcome of matches. Given that the Wallabies have had a terrible scrum all year and have won 9 Tests in spite of it, I think it's safe to predict that conceding a few scrum penalties won't turn the result.

On the other hand, and more importantly than scrum performance, will the forward pack beat Les Bleus at the gainline in attack and defence? I think so - our most inconsistent forwards in this area have been dropped and replaced by Slipper and Simmons, fresh aggressive and competent workers.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
Paris weather Saturday, 3 - -3 degrees celsius

Mostly cloudy humidity at 91%

Current temperature -1

I confirm that. Dry and blue sky at 12h30 Paris time but quite cold. Slight sprinkle of snow yesterday but didn't settle. Paris low of -3 means about -8 at the Stade so I had better dig out my woolen undies.

Status
Not open for further replies.