• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Force vs B&I Lions - Wed. 5 Jun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Sexton, O'Driscoll, O'Brien, Heaslip, Halfpenny, North, Vunipola (cracking player).

Excellent rugby players.

Lions did all they needed to do and hardly really stretched themselves. All too easy. They didn't have to work particularly hard.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Hugh Roach gets to touch the pill twice in a very brief cameo.

Full time: 69 - 17 to the Lions.

The score was 116 - 10 back in 2001. A 54 point turnaround to the WA team.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Sexton, O'Driscoll, O'Brien, Heaslip, Halfpenny, North, Vunipola (cracking player).

Excellent rugby players.

Lions did all they needed to do and hardly really stretched themselves. All too easy. They didn't have to work particularly hard.
Are you serious blue? They were shit. They should of put 100 on the force B side. Jackson only helped them as well.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Are you serious blue? They were shit. They should of put 100 on the force B side. Jackson only helped them as well.

Yes I am.

You really are the biggest whiner on this forum. It's always the ref. Never credit where it's due.

Those players are very skilled. They will gett better.

Heaslip's carrying and workrate is exceptional.
Vunipola can scrum and is really skilled with ball in hand.

etc

But they are Northern Hemisphere players right so that can't possibly be good in your little world, right?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
HJ I'm beginning to think we're long lost twins separated at birth. A bit of telepathy going on tonight.
I have family in the island of Ireland, but probs from the wrong side of the fence for you. The land is near Carrickfergus overlooking Belfast Lough. Some will say that my mob stole it from your mob back in the 1600's. Regardless there could be some familial linkages.

Andrew Findlay

Frank Row (1)
This is the result that the Wallabies need - too many games against poor opposition will breed overconfidence, complacence and laziness before the tests. The driving force behind the Lions is internal competition within a limited time frame and with no quality opposition this is abrogated.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yes I am.

You really are the biggest whiner on this forum. It's always the ref. Never credit where it's due.

Those players are very skilled. They will gett better.

Heaslip's carrying and workrate is exceptional.
Vunipola can scrum and is really skilled with ball in hand.

etc

But they are Northern Hemisphere players right so that can't possibly be good in your little world, right?
He was terrible. Simple as that. He had been terrible the last 2 weeks. It's not new news.

One of my favourite rugby players is BOD and always has been so don't put words in my mouth.

Credit? They were not great. They got half of there try's through simple dummies. The reds will beat them if they play like they did tonight. Come on mate. They just played a force B team. The force have almost nothing I pared to the other s15 teams ATM and half of the guys that have something eg Godwin didn't play

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Force B squad put on a huge 7 points more than did the 2001 WA equivalent v BIL 2001 (which was arguably a better BIL squad than this one). Then the WA team was little but a loose coalition of disparate players cobbled together as WA rugby.

Impressive in front of 35,000 paying customers.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yeah, Force were decidedly average more so than the Lions were exceptional. Will say though that it must be a worry for hte Lions that the Force made easy metres in tight.

Hopefully that win will breed arrogance, as it only gets harder for the Lions ;)

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think we really sufferd in defence. If we had Godwin, Alcock, Cowan, Charles, cummins, delit, Beny M, MMM, in we would of bad such a better defensive line. Not to mention the attack. Without Godwin I think the force have nothing. They did nothing tonight. Only the forwards such as brown and Hodgson really had a huge impact.

Edit. Take cummins out because of camp

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Jackson Is on drugs. Is this guy a qualified ref?

Settle down mate. That kind of shit really isn't called for. Critique his performance by all means but this is just cheap this sort of comment.

Probably best not to post angry.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Settle down mate. That kind of shit really isn't called for. Critique his performance by all means but this is just cheap this sort of comment.

Probably best not to post angry.
Probably right mate. He has been average the last few weeks

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The last bloke that wouldn't settle down about their view of a certain referees recent performance has been granted an extended break from Gaggerland.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
The last bloke that wouldn't settle down about their view of a certain referees recent performance has been granted an extended break from Gaggerland.
Mate I don't need to carry on.
How funny is it that I think it was the same ref.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

I was at the game. Jackson had nothing to do with how it played out, it was just a walkover from start to finish and it ran itself. All the decisions to be made virtually were, all 10 or so of them.

As for the game itself. We should have more midweek games I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Preferably in summer rather than winter though.

Also, to all of you travelling to the Reds/Tahs/Wallabies vs Lions game. You are in for a real treat. The Lions are an awesome team, I don't think I've seen execution of rugby plays quite like that tonight. Something I wont forgot for a long time.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm surprised with the talk of the lions. A lot of people and experts are saying how good they are. ATM I could not agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.