• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Force v Chiefs - Round 8 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
chiefs just a bit off their game so far. Force competing well at the breeakdown. And finally win a line out

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
Shed full and decent crowd in the main stand.
a33c77f394585c9bed9cf0d737ca1356.jpg

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
That refereeing makes sense, the Force get rolled over at ruck time but only the dominant team has to stay on their feet apparently.

He rewarded a guy for getting put on his ass on top of the ball.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
If the Force can sort out the lineout and inject Jono Lance into the game, we have a good chance of an upset. Chiefs should hopefully tire.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Shed full and decent crowd in the main stand.
a33c77f394585c9bed9cf0d737ca1356.jpg

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk
Watching this on mobile on holidays but looks big crowd which if correct would be fantastic timing. But equally I don't want to hear about injuries and see force do the job against the chief to justify the fans making the effort to turn out.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
what is up with Western Force fans and complaining about refereeing?
From my view he was right though. Cruden deliberately runs to the left of Retallick, then steps back and runs past him on the right. A defender is impeded by Retallick.

There is a coaching series on YouTube where Rennie & Jamie Joseph are coaching in the US, where Dave Rennie talks specifically about them doing it deliberately - space their players in the opposition defence line to use them to obstruct the chase line.

It is an excellent series of clips - but I was surprised he was forthcoming with that little bit of strategy.

Edit: and based on the half time summary, Wessels thinks it's happening too.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
From my view he was right though. Cruden deliberately runs to the left of Retallick, then steps back and runs past him on the right. A defender is impeded by Retallick.

There is a coaching series on YouTube where Rennie & Jamie Joseph are coaching in the US, where Dave Rennie talks specifically about them doing it deliberately - space their players in the opposition defence line to use them to obstruct the chase line.

It is an excellent series of clips - but I was surprised he was forthcoming with that little bit of strategy.

Edit: and based on the half time summary, Wessels thinks it's happening too.

the thing is though, I didn't see anyone complain about the Hodgson try which was far clearer obstructio. Rugby is a game where the ref sometimes fucks you over and sometimes fucks over the other team, in the end it will all pretty much even out, but the Force fans, usually proudly represented by he-whose's-name-I-dare-not-mention tend to be the most vocal with their whining

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can someone tell me why he didn't award that try to Cruden (I don't have the sound on)?

The tap was taken well behind the mark...........

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
the thing is though, I didn't see anyone complain about the Hodgson try which was far clearer obstructio. Rugby is a game where the ref sometimes fucks you over and sometimes fucks over the other team, in the end it will all pretty much even out, but the Force fans, usually proudly represented by he-whose's-name-I-dare-not-mention tend to be the most vocal with their whining
Yeah - agree with the first part of your post.

With regards to the second part - I'm just going to leave that except to say the point of my post was that it was, in fact, obstruction and that every group of supporters has a certain vocal number who think the refs are out to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.