• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

For Sale: One Test 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Only the lowly Western Force are pursuing a deal with the 23-year-old, but yesterday that came with a warning from their chief executive Mark Sinderberry.
"It's quite a big decision (as to whether to sign O'Connor) and it's going to be on our terms," Sinderberry said.
Geez, you know you're fucked when the Force CEO is reluctant to sign you!

I hope, for JOC (James O'Connor)'s sake, that he takes a paycut at the Force and just knuckles down and straightens himself out off the field - pick a position, and let his rugby do the talking.

And for the good of the Force and Australian rugby!

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The Western Force have a system in place where the players decide the standards for the playing group. So JOC (James O'Connor) will set out his own behavior standards/goals that align with the rest of the group, and if at any time the playing group agrees he has breached their rules then he will be asked to leave. Just like Mafi.

So the Force are basically telling him that if he wants to sign with them, that is how it will work. I guess it's up to him if he wants to do that now.

I understand the guys want to have fun and all. But I hope JOC (James O'Connor) has reached the point in his career where he see's himself as a senior player and wants to lead by example not just on the field, but off the field as well.

Quade seems to have made the transition, his hard work and patience now puts him a position to become the next Stephen Larkham. (as of today, in my opinion). JOC (James O'Connor) is only 23, who knows what he can do.

Pocock, Quade, Kurley, Will, Kev and James are all extremely talented guys who will hit their prime in 2015. If they get their heads sorted by then there is no reason they can't lead the team to a convincing victory in england.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/r...deans-is-bounced/story-fnh5q2e7-1226676224407

Jesus christ, what idiots. They really know how to repay the goodwill Deans entrusted in them hey? It's one thing to be a young footy player that gets caught up in one or two mess ups when you're 19 or at the pubs off training/ season with mates, but this is just plain stupidity. At this stage, I don't think either deserve to play part in TRC as they clearly have no respect for the jersey and their are others who can fill the roles with consumate ease.

I hope Link straightens them out ASAP.
You can only read the last few sentences as being consistent with even McGahan having lost patience with JOC (James O'Connor): if you don't want him @ s15 then presumably you don't the he should be in the test squad.
Man that Wobblies management sounds completely dysfunctional!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
A top player with such a talent without a contract, he must have really done something weird.
Now it seems the Force could be interested (no official offers at the moment, though) but as a Force fan I believe he could slow down the developement process of players like Holmes and Godwin we expect to see next year.
Apart that, if he decides to adjust his mind to the right mood, he could perfectly fit into the squad, he could be our regular winger, the jack of all trades in case of injuries or players' turnovers and maybe get a shot at 13, the only position in the backline he hasn't covered yet, without too much pressure. It's up to him.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Deans was always copping pressure to keep the two of them, because of the marketing people at ARU HQ. It's not all his fault.

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Deans was always copping pressure to keep the two of them, because of the marketing people at ARU HQ. It's not all his fault.

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect .

Are we to infer you have this from a horses mouth?
If so its a huge worry - but it proves how marketing subverts the product: KB (Kurtley Beale) and JOC (James O'Connor) would have been more useful marketing tools if their respective frailties had not been exposed by having them picked out of position and underdone.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
This really shows that if you act like a fluffybunny it will bite you on the ass.

I mean, JOC (James O'Connor) is not out best 10 but he's in our best XV somewhere and he can't get a contract because he hasn't accounted well for himself.

It's an interesting case study.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Never. He may become as good a footballer but never as good a team player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I've been a long term Cooper denier and he doesn't fit my idea of what a 10 does.
But with the new broom at the top I think he deserves to be given credit for his apparent reformation this year and provided with a new copybook - he can complete it or blot it but I, for one, am prepared to suspend judgment in this new world order.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Never. He may become as good a footballer but never as good a team player.

Ah I'm not saying he will be, but people change and never is a strong word. Ponting was one of the biggest shit heads going around as a pup, and he turned out ok once he grew up.

This really shows that if you act like a fluffybunny it will bite you on the ass.

I mean, JOC (James O'Connor) is not out best 10 but he's in our best XV somewhere and he can't get a contract because he hasn't accounted well for himself.

It's an interesting case study.

I'm not sure he's in our best XV somewhere. He should be, but at best he's in our best 23 IMHO. Interesting case study nonetheless.

T

TOCC

JOC (James O'Connor)'s attitude is a concern, Link will want to make his mark on the team and let them know that reputation counts for little..

I reckon JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) can count themselves out of the initial squad, Link likes to make players fight for positions and not handed to them on a platter.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
JOC (James O'Connor)'s attitude is a concern, Link will want to make his mark on the team and let them know that reputation counts for little..

I reckon JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) can count themselves out of the initial squad, Link likes to make players fight for positions and not handed to them on a platter.
As it should be. One of the quickest ways to drive a wedge between a footy team of any level is to allow the more "gifted" players shirk work or play up. I used to train hard, work on my deficiencies and Friday night, eat a good dinner and have an early night for game day Saturday. Come warm up, the same crew would always roll up half an hour late, still drunk or hungover and they'd get a "boys will be boys" style reprimand if you could call it that, then thrown their starting jerseys. The rest of us would be livid. We were then supposed to go and play side by side with these "team mates". Destructive at the amateur level: Recipe for disaster at a professional level.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
A top player with such a talent without a contract, he must have really done something weird.
Now it seems the Force could be interested (no official offers at the moment, though) but as a Force fan I believe he could slow down the developement process of players like Holmes and Godwin we expect to see next year.
Apart that, if he decides to adjust his mind to the right mood, he could perfectly fit into the squad, he could be our regular winger, the jack of all trades in case of injuries or players' turnovers and maybe get a shot at 13, the only position in the backline he hasn't covered yet, without too much pressure. It's up to him.
If we sign him we should offer him a wing spot and that's that. No 10. U r on the wing buddy. And too be honest I thought he should of never left. I knew he would end up getting into the shit over there. He is a young bloke. Perth is a quiet place and good for someone to keep under the radar of the media.

Benny Mac doesn't hold back in this interview when asked about JOC (James O'Connor) possibly returning. Mentioning his off field problems and saying they don't Wont him to upset the progress off the club

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm not sure I'm that keen on him returning to the Force. I certainly hope it wouldn't be at 10. It would have to be after chowing down on a big old slice of humble pie and and significant turn around in his attitude for mine.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Watching that clip you begin to wonder how the ARU and Management have not stepped in? Ben's been on the outer of the Wallabies camp, but even after one week of being there it seems to be pretty evident the crap James is doing. If it's that blindingly obvious that a guy being in there for one week can see it, what exactly are management being paid for?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Watching that clip you begin to wonder how the ARU and Management have not stepped in? Ben's been on the outer of the Wallabies camp, but even after one week of being there it seems to be pretty evident the crap James is doing. If it's that blindingly obvious that a guy being in there for one week can see it, what exactly are management being paid for?
Ben has been in camp since they first went in weeks ago. But i know what you mean.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Does any one know (or prepared to speculate) what KPI's JOC (James O'Connor) has set the Force for signing him?

Status
Not open for further replies.