• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Thanks RC. It would be nice for the Fantasy people to get their shit together. How many weeks has Afeaki been out now?

408 this week. First time through the 400. Sorry for everyone that had Genia & F Saili. You can blame me......

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Can someone explain this stat for me? Is that the total points ranking accumulated from Rd 7 to the current round or what?

dfj5uw.png

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Would there be a way to establish points scored as a percentage of minutes played? I think most players are scoring at around 30% or 1 point for every 3 minutes played. But on first glance Engelbrecht is up around 50% I think. I am thinking this stat might be handy when deciding which players may be having a full game rather than being subbed off.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Would there be a way to establish points scored as a percentage of minutes played? I think most players are scoring at around 30% or 1 point for every 3 minutes played. But on first glance Engelbrecht is up around 50% I think. I am thinking this stat might be handy when deciding which players may be having a full game rather than being subbed off.
Take a reliable player (Stephen Moore, Wimpie van der Walt and Bernard Foley are good examples) and take the sum of their points and divide it by the sum of their minutes played. This is the average points per minute.

Look at a round where they played less than 40 minutes, more than 40 and less than 60 minutes, and finally more than 60 minutes. Compare the points/minute in these rounds to their average. Specifically, the difference and the ratio of points to average.

Does this behave the way you would expect?

Get back to me after doing this and I'll rant about how minutes played is related to points, not entirely in the way you expect.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Take a reliable player (Stephen Moore, Wimpie van der Walt and Bernard Foley are good examples) and take the sum of their points and divide it by the sum of their minutes played. This is the average points per minute.

Look at a round where they played less than 40 minutes, more than 40 and less than 60 minutes, and finally more than 60 minutes. Compare the points/minute in these rounds to their average. Specifically, the difference and the ratio of points to average.

Does this behave the way you would expect?

Get back to me after doing this and I'll rant about how minutes played is related to points, not entirely in the way you expect.

Sounds like homework

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
At first glance (Foley, Moore, Robinson, B Smith). It seems problematic to find a good scoring player who has played anything less than 70 minutes. I guess your suggesting that points per minute could have a few discrepancies because of things like:

less minutes might mean bigger impact = more points per minutes
more minutes might mean more balanced impact = less points per minute
if most of the best players play full games then points per minute becomes a moot point
etc

Thinking out loud, it might be worth identifying players for your bench (those that score 20 point in 20 minutes type - Coenie, Afeaki etc)

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sounds like homework
Just trying to show you what I've seen :p

Fit players have a pretty constant points per minute, unfit players have about half that. If you look at the highest scoring players, of course they play almost every minute of every game, someone who plays 20 minutes might get double the points per minute, but they get a quarter of the minutes.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Let's work out your average per round first before we get ahead of ourselves. Easy coming in when most of the form players are sorted out;)

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
S Ferriera, J Slipper
S Moore
R Simmons, F Uys
G Smith, P Labuschagne, G Whitelock
C Reinach
K Godwin
C Smith, R Ebersohn
B Foley, J Savea, H Gear

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just want to gauge some people's thoughts on my transfer dillemma

My team as it stand now:

And the transfers I am deliberating over:

Flynn out for another hooker while Robinson sits on the bench is a no brainer.
Similarly for the second row as Luatua takes a break, and in the centres as well with O'Connor.

However I had considered bringing in Slipper for Afeaki, or Crockett (due to scoring form) but am unsure at the moment; and had thought to bring in Kimlin as I begin to fill the team with 15 Australians for the later rounds but can't make my mind up!

Any input?

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Just want to gauge some people's thoughts on my transfer dillemma

My team as it stand now:

And the transfers I am deliberating over:

Flynn out for another hooker while Robinson sits on the bench is a no brainer.
Similarly for the second row as Luatua takes a break, and in the centres as well with O'Connor.

However I had considered bringing in Slipper for Afeaki, or Crockett (due to scoring form) but am unsure at the moment; and had thought to bring in Kimlin as I begin to fill the team with 15 Australians for the later rounds but can't make my mind up!

Any input?

I would try get rid of the highlanders in the outside backs if i were you.

Are you going to play Cobus or Genia this weekend?? Seriously considering Cobus here

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Ben Franks, James Slipper, Stephen Moore (C), Sam Whitelock, Rob Simmons, Sam Cane (VC), George Whitelock, George Smith, Will Genia, Kyle Godwin, Richard Kahui, Ryan Crotty, Jesse Mogg, Bernard Foley, Julian Savea

Could swap Genia for Cobus.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ben Franks, James Slipper, Stephen Moore (C), Sam Whitelock, Rob Simmons, Sam Cane (VC), George Whitelock, George Smith, Will Genia, Kyle Godwin, Richard Kahui, Ryan Crotty, Jesse Mogg, Bernard Foley, Julian Savea

Could swap Genia for Cobus.
Godwin is being rested this week

FazzDog

Frank Nicholson (4)
Well after a pretty lame round scoring 359, with my backs contributing a poor 130 points across the seven players I've made some heavy changes to my backline and swapped my Captaincy for G. Whitelock, a consistent tackling machine who seems to notch up round scores of 30+ in no time.

Locked my team in as:

T. Mtawarira (SHA), J. Slipper (RED) / B. Alexander (BRU)
H. Elliott (CHI) / G. Robinson (REB)
L. de Jager (CHE), B. Thorn (HIG) / H. Pyle (REB)
P. Labuschagne (CHE), G. Whitelock (CRU), E. Quirk (RED) / L. Braid (BLU)
C. Reinach (SHA) / W. Genia (RED)
A. Cruden (CHI) / C. Lealiifano (BRU)
R. Kahui (CHI), R. Eborsohn (CHE) / F. Saili (BLU)
J. Tomane (BRU), A. Mafi (FOR), J. Savea (HUR) / F. Halai (BLU)

*Relatively happy with my team for the round and still have over $150k in bank. Would love to give A. Mafi the flick but had priorities over him this week.

A few questions though:

1. Reinach or Genia at Scrum Half??? Tough call as both could have blinders and love to get in amongst the game.

2. B. Alexander on the bench, I feel like he has finally found form last round and being a derby match he will likely give it everything! Tough to sub out Mitawarir or Slipper though..HELP!

3. With Anscombe benched I'm assuming Cruden will be kicking, hence the swap out for Lealiifano. A move I could definately pay for though am willing to take this gamble. Also praying that Kahui works with Cruden, unlike their form against the Reds last weekend!

Lastly, best of luck to all those playing. Especially the Reds...GO REDS!!!!

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
A few questions though:

1. Reinach or Genia at Scrum Half??? Tough call as both could have blinders and love to get in amongst the game.

2. B. Alexander on the bench, I feel like he has finally found form last round and being a derby match he will likely give it everything! Tough to sub out Mitawarir or Slipper though..HELP!

3. With Anscombe benched I'm assuming Cruden will be kicking, hence the swap out for Lealiifano. A move I could definately pay for though am willing to take this gamble. Also praying that Kahui works with Cruden, unlike their form against the Reds last weekend!

1. Reinach, he's been reliable the last three-four rounds

2. Keep Alexander on the bench, the ones on field are more reliable

3. Good choice on Cruden, I grabbed Barrett.

Status
Not open for further replies.