• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Andrew Smith was Mr Reliable for me last year, but it was Bateman and Ellison who were my best. I'm going to drop Weeks, Pyle, Alcock, Mitchell, and Mafi for O. Franks, Retallick, Coetzee, Ellison and Taylor.

Wow, one Saffa.

If they're in your starting team I recommend you take a look at the fixtures.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Andrew Smith was Mr Reliable for me last year, but it was Bateman and Ellison who were my best. I'm going to drop Weeks, Pyle, Alcock, Mitchell, and Mafi for O. Franks, Retallick, Coetzee, Ellison and Taylor.

Wow, one Saffa.
Tamati Ellison is injured, out till at least June. With SBW gone there is a vacancy at centre. Bundee Aki $80K or Charlie Ngatai $ 125K are similar players fighting for the Chiefs centre position. That is a good point you bring up regarding South Africans. We naturally tend to favour our own nationality or known quantities such as the Kiwis. Every year the Boks surprise with some great rookies, usually forwards. ( Coetzee for example ).

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Important news for first round concerning the Reds!! Horwill has been injured at training. Rolled his ankle ( his team mates fell on it ). He is out of the last trial warmup and in serious doubt for the 1st round clash against the Brumbies. Even if he gets on the paddock he will not play out the game. Unfortunate for this talented but unlucky and now injury prone player. MacKenzie has appointed James Slipper as Co-Captain. That is a good pointer of what he thinks about that player this season and for his time on ground. With Genia out, Cooper being hit or miss and now Horwill out, the Brumbies must be firming for round 1.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
If they're in your starting team I recommend you take a look at the fixtures.
Damn Crusaders...
Tamati Ellison is injured, out till at least June. With SBW gone there is a vacancy at centre. Bundee Aki $80K or Charlie Ngatai $ 125K are similar players fighting for the Chiefs centre position. That is a good point you bring up regarding South Africans. We naturally tend to favour our own nationality or known quantities such as the Kiwis. Every year the Boks surprise with some great rookies, usually forwards. ( Coetzee for example ).
I think for all of last year, I only ever had the five in the team. It's a real shame about Ellison, he is great.
Do I remember Aki from the ITM Cup? A tackle busting try machine?

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Rathbone looks like a good preseason buy.
$125K for a former wallaby who's probably gaurenteed 70-80 minutes a game depending on how his fitness goes this remaining preseason getting into shape after such a long layoff.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Rathbone looks like a good preseason buy.
$125K for a former wallaby who's probably gaurenteed 70-80 minutes a game depending on how his fitness goes this remaining preseason getting into shape after such a long layoff.
With Speight and Tomane to compete with, the 70-80 might depend on an injury. Expect rotation.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
With Speight and Tomane to compete with, the 70-80 might depend on an injury. Expect rotation.
Yeah Roffie, White is allready bragging that he has a good problem of who to pick out of those 3. No good to us though. The Brumbies look the goods this season and White is a ruthless taskmaster and very cunning. He states he wants more of a running game from Pocock, music to my ears.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah Roffie, White is allready bragging that he has a good problem of who to pick out of those 3. No good to us though. The Brumbies look the goods this season and White is a ruthless taskmaster and very cunning. He states he wants more of a running game from Pocock, music to my ears.
Only players you can expect week in, week out are Moore, Pocock, Lealiifano and Mogg.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Only players you can expect week in, week out are Moore, Pocock, Lealiifano and Mogg.
I would add Ben Alexander to that list Roffie. He may have the occasional rest or half game but generally he produces the goods and loves that tryline.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Trajan/Daryl has given us his top tips for fantasy rugby, check them out on the blog here.

A great read, plenty of good advice.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Would it be safe to assume to that most will have a similiar team for Round 1 so who you have on your bench to bring in for Round 2 is extra important?

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yes and no. It is important to look ahead, and plan subs accordingly. However, there will be 6 transfers available for round 2. I would suggest that those 6 transfers should be used to draft in the bulk of your kiwi and saffer players.

You don't want to sell yourself short in one round by preparing for another.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I've got Kiwis and Saffas on the bench in each position. And then trade out the 6 weakest Aussie players you have.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Certainly there needs to be plenty of consideration to the shape of your side for week one.

The obvious first decision is to pick Reds, Brumbies, Force and Rebels players you want in your starting lineup for the foreseeable future (i.e. Stephen Moore, Ben Alexander or James Slipper, maybe Hugh Pyle etc.).

Planning for the next few rounds (in terms of which teams have byes) is always important however it is crucial in this first round this year due to only four teams playing. My plan is to work out what team I want for round 2 (which obviously can't be final as you don't know starting lineups) but to choose it as well as possible before round 1 and then ensure that you can get from your round 1 team to your round 2 team with only 6 transfers.

Although 6 transfers is more than usual, it still isn't a huge amount and if you pick all the expensive players for round 1 from the four Aussie teams playing it is unlikely you'll be able to put yourself in the strongest position for round 2 (unless you plan on your most expensive players being from those four teams).

I think it's important to use your wildcard when you plan to for optimal impact (which is most likely going to be after the Lions series) rather than being forced to use it early because you can't put 15 starters on the park one week without it.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I feel like I've got a strong enough team for Round 1. I have Alexander, Moore, Pocock, Digby, Harris and JOC (James O'Connor). Scrum half I'm not sure on yet.

I have no Crusaders (Week 2 bye) or Highlanders and Kings (Week 3 bye) on my bench.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I feel like I've got a strong enough team for Round 1. I have Alexander, Moore, Pocock, Digby, Harris and JOC (James O'Connor). Scrum half I'm not sure on yet.

I have no Crusaders (Week 2 bye) or Highlanders and Kings (Week 3 bye) on my bench.
Really, the only scrum half to go with is Mathewson. Nic White is okay if you don't have the five Brumbies, Phipps is god awful at fantasy and Lucas is in the Fly Half list.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I am struggling with wanting to select too many Brumbies as well.

Currently I have Benny A, Moore, Fardy, Pocock and Lealo.

Current starting side is:
Alexander, Cowan
Moore
Pyle, Wallace-Harrison
Pocock, Higgers, Fardy
Mathewson
Lealo
Tapuai, O'Connor
Ioane, Shipperley, Cummins

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
When it comes time for round 2, anyone who took part in TRC Fantasy will remember Tomas Leonardi and Nicolas Vergallo from Argentina? Well, for only $400k, both can be yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.