• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ged scores pretty consistently. I have Moore as my skipper though. He served me well leading the team out last year, and I'm hoping for similar dividends this year. Will Horwill be fit by round 1?

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ged scores pretty consistently. I have Moore as my skipper though. He served me well leading the team out last year, and I'm hoping for similar dividends this year. Will Horwill be fit by round 1?

Ged still scored quite well last year, I just don't want to end up with a heap of players that everyone else has. It makes it more rewarding when you've backed a dark horse and come out on top. I'm not too concerned about Horwill as it's a straight swap with Simmons.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ged still scored quite well last year, I just don't want to end up with a heap of players that everyone else has. It makes it more rewarding when you've backed a dark horse and come out on top. I'm not too concerned about Horwill as it's a straight swap with Simmons.
I understand your desire to having uniques in your team but as the Red Baron has stated Moore is a no brainer and with Bismark Du Plessis still injured Moore is the set and forget Hooker and most probable captain for the competative teams in this comp. Ged is capable of a big score though. Staying right away from Horwill. Wallace-Harrison had a high work rate at the end of last season. Whoever partners Horwill at the start of the game will probably play the 80 mins. Deans if he gets his way is going to cause us some big headaches down the track. They are going to ruin the Super 15 for 3 matches that only take place every 12 years and generally are not worth watching plus you pay a fortune for the priveledge of watching 20 scrum sets.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Locks were the lowest scoring players last year so it seems wise to spend cheaply there at least to begin with.

That said, the best players last year ended up giving you a team that was massively under budget.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Locks were the lowest scoring players last year so it seems wise to spend cheaply there at least to begin with.

That said, the best players last year ended up giving you a team that was massively under budget.
There is bound to be a young cheap lock that will rise from obscurity. I have a soft spot for Hugh Pyle as he won it for me last season scoring 2 tries in 5min coming off the bench for an injured Nathen Sharpe.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just setting mine up now, anyone looking for a good backup 10, Chris Noakes of the Blues. Played pretty well for the Highlanders last year and has always been good for Bay of Plenty.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Anyone notice anything wrong here?
C:\Users\Jack\Documents\Team.png
Team.png

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
RoffsChoice

Looks alright to me. Is Rokobaro expected to start now with Vuna out of action?

Also, excellent choice of quotation my good man.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Looks alright to me. Is Rokobaro expected to start now with Vuna out of action?

Also, excellent choice of quotation my good man.

I think he'd be first up, with Woodward and Vuna out and Mitchell's days in the Australian back three long behind him. Maybe Sitauti will be before him, but either way they are both fast with a passable step and the ability to tackle most players. Maybe it'll be a good investment for the future?

You don't understand how much I laughed. It might have been the lack of sleep leading up to that point, or you might just be a comedic genius. Either way, I want the t shirt :p

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think he'd be first up, with Woodward and Vuna out and Mitchell's days in the Australian back three long behind him. Maybe Sitauti will be before him, but either way they are both fast with a passable step and the ability to tackle most players. Maybe it'll be a good investment for the future?

You don't understand how much I laughed. It might have been the lack of sleep leading up to that point, or you might just be a comedic genius. Either way, I want the t shirt :p

Cost of shirt is 1 beer (printing costs at own expenses).

Speaking of good investments. Any South Africans with an ear to the ground know who might be a bolter for that Kings?

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Pretty happy with my preliminary pick. Anyone see any obvious errors?

View attachment 3182
The Cheetah's halfback will be struggling for time on ground. They love Sarel Pretorious in Blomfontein. Cooper is boom or bust each to his own. I am a bit concerned about Alcock's time on ground. The one thing the Western Force do have is an abundance of backrowers. Why Murphy and not Alexander in your front row? I am favouring Alexander and Moore in my front row as they have consistently performed well for years and the new scoring rules just make it a no-brainer. Is it cost? Smart move with Malfi. He or the Honey Badger may well rack up a few tries against the Southern Kings in the second Rd. Solid team with a couple of differentials.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Another fantasy comp. has opened up for those interested. Go to ARU Official Super Rugby Fantasy game website. First prize is a Wallabies goody bag. Bit of a comedown from 10 thousand dollars for Fox but for us fanatics it will keep you on your toes. Favours prolific forward tacklers and accurate try scoring goal kickers. Think Marcell Coatzee and James O'Connor.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone notice anything wrong here?
C:\Users\Jack\Documents\Team.png
View attachment 3196
Why no love for James O'Connor and Mark Harris in the centres? They will probably both be taking goalkicks for their respective teams. Apart from that rock solid team. Willem Alberts is an impact backrower and does not get the time on ground. The rest of your reserves are top shelf except for your hooker but I understand the reasoning behind it. If Moore is out you will be trading another gun hooker in.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Andrew Smith was Mr Reliable for me last year, but it was Bateman and Ellison who were my best. I'm going to drop Weeks, Pyle, Alcock, Mitchell, and Mafi for O. Franks, Retallick, Coetzee, Ellison and Taylor.

Wow, one Saffa.

Status
Not open for further replies.