• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

End of Year Tour 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Quite a few permutations there..At least it looks more likely we'll be placed in the top 4...

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
VULNERABLE. Weak. Wounded. And for three of their four European tour rivals - definitely beatable.
That was the unflattering assessment of the Wallabies put forward by leading rugby voices in the UK yesterday as Australia jetted in to the north for a month of Test matches.

More here.

What's the feeling. My tip is that we will beat the French and Italians, lose to the Poms and draw with the Welsh.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I'm with Waylon!

But the Leek Eaters are due for a win against us sooner or later. This is the only game I feel we could lose.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
The Poms will do us. I think the Welsh might as well.

We should beat Italy. Fuck knows with the Frogs, even Nostradamus would shrug and laugh.

Personally, I hope we do enough to get Deans fired. We are going backwards. There is absolutely no excuse for our pedestrian "give it to Digby and see what he can do" attack. There is no reason for our total inability to throw a ball in front of a man. To have at least ONE man running an angle different to 60 degrees either way from the opposition goalposts. To not kick aimlessly. To not recognise that we're short on instinctive playmakers, and make up for that with clever and well executed set plays (they fucking DO work, we've seen it countless times this year). To have atrocious structure in attack. etc etc etc etc etc etc

And don't say 'oh but we showed a lot of heart in the last game'. Bollocks. We should be losing to no one but New Zealand, and ocasionally, the Boks. The fact that we've been so utterly shit all year, and still ranked second, is the worst thing about Deans. That even as a bunch of headless chooks in anything but defence, and STILL ranked 2nd with the odd victory/draw against NZ shoes just how good we COULD be, if we had a coach who could get the best out of this group.

Dingo, that coach is not.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
And don't say 'oh but we showed a lot of heart in the last game'. Bollocks. We should be losing to no one but New Zealand, and ocasionally, the Boks. The fact that we've been so utterly shit all year, and still ranked second, is the worst thing about Deans. That even as a bunch of headless chooks in anything but defence, and STILL ranked 2nd with the odd victory/draw against NZ shoes just how good we COULD be, if we had a coach who could get the best out of this group.

Dingo, that coach is not.

+1

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
We will do our usually decent tour with a one-off fuck up I think.

The UK press write bullshit when we tour, one year they were claiming Burgeo was a "Championship quality scrum half" (that's their 2nd division) and we did away with them quite handsomely off Gitts' boot if I recall correctly.

The UK's rugby media over exaggerates everything 10x as much as ours does, but ours does have its own problems.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
We'll be undefeated

We are on the rise. We came second in the RC and drew with the blicks with our third stringers

We'll belt them

Hope your right, but we have been winning ugly. The poms are the masters of winning ugly, I think they will give us a lesson in how to play dire and still win.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Is it just me or the silence is deafening when it comes to media coverage of the tour?

At least Growden would have been gravytraining and we would have had some sort of insight into training, who's running where etc etc.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I love it when the UK papers write us off. It makes beating the NH teams all the sweeter. With that said, I can't see us winning all four. I'm thinking it will be more like 2-2.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
Fuck knows with the Frogs, even Nostradamus would shrug and laugh.
The same could be said whenever the Wallabies run out onto the park. Maybe not quite "hot and cold" but at least "lukewarm and cold".

As long as we beat the Poms then I'm a happy camper.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
I think you'll win all four. You've got Wales all worked out, and Priestland and Warburton have been playing shit, and Lydiate is injured. You'll beat France because they're lazy and don't care, you'll beat Italy because you're better than them, and you'll beat England because you have a good goal-kicker and tough forwards and they're hardly going to score four tries.

Quit worrying, it's the northern hemisphere.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think you'll win all four. You've got Wales all worked out, and Priestland and Warburton have been playing shit, and Lydiate is injured. You'll beat France because they're lazy and don't care, you'll beat Italy because you're better than them, and you'll beat England because you have a good goal-kicker and tough forwards and they're hardly going to score four tries.

All correct points but our team is prone to the occasional blunder.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

I feel all better now. Thanks for the gee up :)

England, as always, is the big danger game for us. Win that and I'll be very happy.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I feel all better now. Thanks for the gee up :)

England, as always, is the big danger game for us. Win that and I'll be very happy.

Maybe you're right, but IMO the Frogs have better players overall, have been playing the better football recently and are only impeded by their lack of recent international games. If they can shake the rust out quickly they will give us a hell of a hard game. If we are going to lose one game then I think this will be it. If we are to lose two, I think it will be France and Wales.

Status
Not open for further replies.