• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

End of Year Tour 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I certainly took notice of Mowen at Super level this year. Looks to have some ticker and some quality leadership skills. But IMO he's not our answer at no.8 and and i think there is arguably two better no.6s in aus. Higgers brings an effective skill set to the position and from what iv seen Dennis gets over the avantage line better (although i cant say he's setting the world on fire). Dennis will no doubt get a bit of game time on tour. lets hope he makes the most of it.

There may infact be another man about to push in front of Mowen...McMeniman

T

TOCC

Call me strange but i maintain the mindset that a player should have to string together half a dozen 'elite level' matches before been considered for the Wallabies...

McMenimen..... Rocky II?

Hairy Test Eagle

Ward Prentice (10)
If Mcmeniman plays like he was before he Departed I think he should become a regular in the Wallabies 22. He would add a lot of aggression to any pack.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Does this put them on two Williams, two Jones and two Davies? That seems less than usual, the commentary won't be half as entertaining.

T

TOCC

Once again, i never campaigned against him been selected for the Wallabies, I have quite openly supported his selection at 12...I am allowed to doubt his ability to play test level 5/8 and his ability under the highball.

Why do you persist in continuing this argument, its tedious and no one on this forum cares about it but you?

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm really warming to the idea of Harris at fullback. It's refreshing to see us with a kicker who is deadly accurate. Think of how many games we've lost over the last 5-10 years because we've lacked a world class kicker. The 2003 WC QF against England comes to mind. The game against the Blacks last week was one where Mike Harris was as good as Carter, if not better. In the past you'd expect we would have lost that type of penalty shoot out game, because we invariable wouldn't have the same accuracy as the opposition kicker (Carter, Steyn, Wilkinson, etc). This year Harris showed in the 2nd test against Wales, again in Roserio, and again in Brisbane, that teams will start to dread seeing him step up to the tee.

If you show up in the NH with a 50% kicker, the opposition are happy to illegally slow your ball and infringe freely. Having an 80% kicker should have a flow-on effect, forcing greater discipline from the opposition and hopefully allowing us to get some quick ball. Harris isn't the most skillful ball player but as long as we have guys like Beale, Taps, Ioane, O'Connor in the squad we'll have a nice balance

To me it certainly makes more sense to decide who's going to take the kicks before the team is finalised. So often Australia have picked the team first then decided who'll take them and ended up with the 50% guy. As you say a team is better when they can punish the opposition for conceding penalties.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Hard to see it being any different, a lot of comparisons.

The difference is that Rocky proved you can't play three consecutive seasons of modern professional rugby without permanently damaging your body.

Eminem comes pre-damaged, but that's a different problem, given his past injury record,

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
The difference is that Rocky proved you can't play three consecutive seasons of modern professional rugby without permanently damaging your body.

Eminem comes pre-damaged, but that's a different problem, given his past injury record,
Hope this isn't true - otherwise Timani is in trouble.

Ideally I would have liked to see him left at home from the EOYT to have an off season, but his own good form and the lack of alternatives killed off that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.