• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

DRUA v FORCE, Rnd 5 - Saturday 19 March

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
We are a poor team.
I hate to say it.
Our pack kept us in it last year and is doing nearly as well this year (but probably not as effective).
Our backs are so frustrating and the amount of 'unforced' errors we make are not acceptable.

I understand our limitations but we are playing to a level less than the sum of our parts the last three weeks and I just don't know why.

PS. I hate to talk about referees but Berry...give me a break
Called force backline a worry before the start of the season and yes proving to be the case. Most of the force backs today had shockers…including even kahui who missed some key tackles and got burned by drua players at times. kuenzele yet to convince but appreciate just come back from injury. Fines had a shocker whilst wingers equally not greet today. Stracham is just not to my mind super rugby standard but in fairness at least whilst not noticeable in attack was more solid then others.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wow. One week I'm upset at the ref and the next I feel bad for winning. BK what a kick. The handling errors and bad decisions from the boys. Kicking out on the full etc. I was surprised they pulled prior off when the game was that close.

Kahui being penalized for tackling the player on the ground was very harsh and Anstee got their first. Might of been a good thing as I had the feeling that if we scored Fiji would step up and score immediately.

The force need a lot of improvment to go far in this competition. We had some very good players coming off the bench which helped. Happy the boys got the win away from home.
Berry missed quite a few forward passes and knock ons by Fiji. The offside line was out of control at times when Fiji were defending but if the force lost that one there would have been no one to blame apart from their own poor performance.

Last edited:

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I was surprised when McIntyre had the head clash. The games got issues when if the Fiji player came worse off McIntyre would have been red carded.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Try to the Drua. I reckon they need to check for a few forward passes. Drua might get some wind in their sails from that. Force need to be careful. This is a banana peel game.
So many forward passes in the game. Literally some basketbal style passes half a metre forward as well.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
So many forward passes in the game. Literally some basketbal style passes half a metre forward as well.
And that is literally the linesman’s job, rule on passes in general play. Between that and missing lineout throws, they’ve been off the last few weeks around the comp to say the least. Seems they’re more concerned with being the ‘assistant ref’ at times.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Pretty ordinary game from us and in general frankly. Happy to get the points, but we're going to have to play a lot better than that to win any more games this season.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
well with McIntyre buggering off next season,keep starting Pasitoa at 10-he is a long term prospect(hopefully)
Pasitoa coming off the bench instead of McIntyre. Personally think McIntyre been better this season and sharing game time with pasitoa been fine. I don’t think this is the reason for the force struggles in recent games.

Mr Pilfer

Jim Clark (26)
I was hoping they would do better without Godwin and that would show he has been a problem, but obviously that didn't happen.
Time to give some new players a shot. Would like to see Ala on the wing and Makara actually getting some time off the bench.
Could give McGregor a go at fullback but he has been tried before and don't think he will offer much more than Strachan. That Poolman looked good in pre season maybe give him a crack. Forwards are doing ok.