• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

DRUA v FORCE, Rnd 5 - Saturday 19 March

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
Force team for the match against the Drua. A must win game for us in the West. Some tinkering with the side to try and unlock a big performance.

FB_IMG_1647412040413.jpg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Drua strengthened with Nagusa back and Lomani starting

DRUA (1-15): Kaliopasi Uluilakepa, Mesulame Dolokoto, Samuela Tawake, Sorovakatini Tuifagalele, Te Ahiwaru Cirikidaveta, Joseva Tamani, Vilive Miramira, Nemani Nagusa (c), Frank Lomani, Teti Tela, Vinaya Habosi, Kalaveti Ravouvou, Apisalome Vota, Selesitino Ravutaumada, Jona Mataiciwa

RESERVES: Zuriel Togiatama, Jone Koroiduadua, Manasa Saulo, Chris Minimbi, Kitione Salawa, Peni Matawali, Napolioni Bolaca, Onisi Ratave

Tazzmania

Tom Lawton (22)
Changes due to the following:

Sampson has made seven changes. Four are tactical, the other three injury enforced.

Veteran scrum-half Ian Prior replaces livewire Issak Fines-Leleiwasa in a new halves combination with Jake McIntyre who gets his first start of the season ahead of Reesjan Pasitoa.

Brynard Stander returns to the starting line-up in his favourite No.8 jumper and prop Greg Holmes gets his first start of the campaign.

Front-rower Tom Robertson (calf) and backs Kyle Godwin and Toni Puku (both HIA) are out.

They are replaced by Harry Lloyd in his first start of the year, former All Blacks centre Richard Kahui and winger Byron Ralston.""

As per Nick Taylor in The West

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Are the Force pulling a Rebels here? Shafting the future flyhalf for a bloke who won't even be with the team next year?

I haven't watched all the games in detail - is the benching warranted?

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Shafting the future flyhalf for a bloke who won't even be with the team next year?

Yeah, seems a strange decision to me. Pasitoa has missed the quick service from Prior the last 2 games, but certainly hasn't been the main problem. Likely been made worse by the slower ruck ball also with the Reds and Waratahs doing a pretty good job in slowing us down there. Would've preferred a Prior / Pasitoa starting combination given Mcintyre is off next year.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Yeah, seems a strange decision to me. Pasitoa has missed the quick service from Prior the last 2 games, but certainly hasn't been the main problem. Likely been made worse by the slower ruck ball also with the Reds and Waratahs doing a pretty good job in slowing us down there. Would've preferred a Prior / Pasitoa starting combination given Mcintyre is off next year.
Could be a combination thing. Plan for the season to have Fines/Pasitoa starting and Prior/Mcintyre finish. This keeps the combos just swaps them around. Could also be a look at the Dura who have finished well and wanting to have strength at the finish.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pasitoa is young and has played a lot of minutes. So probably workload, plus he didn't have a massive effect running the game against the Tahs.

This is a chance to test halves at the first turn, and give guys opportunities.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
These young players need to earn their positions. Pasitoa has had one great day, and others have been mediocre. Nothing wrong with switching it up so they understand this is Super Rugby and they need to perform 100% of the time.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I hope we see some serious energy from mataele. He can't just be in the game to kiss tackles and then make one or 2 line breaks.
I will be surprised with a force win but maybe the wet weather is a good thing for us

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
Try for the Force. The old dog Thrushy over with the rolling maul. Need a few more and a bonus point win would be nice for ladder position.

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
So far the Force are just doing enough. Nothing spectacular so far. I want spectacular though! Preferably by the Force.

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
Try to the Drua. I reckon they need to check for a few forward passes. Drua might get some wind in their sails from that. Force need to be careful. This is a banana peel game.