• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Drown out the haka: Bledisloe II | Tri Nations finale

What should the AUS crowd sing at the game on Saturday, or indeed in the future?

• Waltzing Matilda

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Aussie Version of OleOleOle

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Come on you gold

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • None of these three, but something else

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • We shouldn't sing at all, be it before after or during the haka

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Lang Park has been called Suncorp Stadium for at least 8 years now Groucho.... the last two losses by the Wallabies to the AB's was at Suncorp Stadium. Maybe even 3?

J

Jumpers

Keep It Simple!

I was going to make this thread before last nights game, however I thought, perhaps not, It's not that special. Remembering 95000 SA fans drown out the haka last year in Soweto, I watched last nights game preparing for a toned down atmosphere. How wrong I was, Nelson Mandella Bay stadium is a brilliant venue, the roof hanging over the supporters and a real ding-dong roar when something happens.

Anyway, the bokke fans drowned out the haka, singing Ole! Ole Ole Ole! Ole! Ole!. It was menacing. It fired their boys up, you couldn't even hear the haka. It showed who's town this was.

And we need to do It next weekend In Brisbane, in my view. The only problem is what we yell and how we get everyone in the stadium doing it.

Thoughts?

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I'm not a joker that understands politics, drunken louts that piss yellow or a
Wannabe supporter cryin' foul over missed opportunities to score!

So I can tell yous right now drowning out a fierce HAKA is like selling me carbon tax to Baraack Obama to help payoff the US! Let it be known I don't support the local fish and chip shop but I'm willin to throw in the wrapped paper to anyone who can sing "tip toe thru the tulips" 3 times while the hake is ON!

Maybe the Wannabes supporters should all dress in copper yellow and do spring ups at interval time just to see who's err awake by which time the ABs would have amassed points a plenty and caught the plane home!

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I'm not a joker that understands politics, drunken louts that piss yellow or a
Wannabe supporter cryin' foul over missed opportunities to score!

So I can tell yous right now drowning out a fierce HAKA is like selling me carbon tax to Baraack Obama to help payoff the US! Let it be known I don't support the local fish and chip shop but I'm willin to throw in the wrapped paper to anyone who can sing "tip toe thru the tulips" 3 times while the hake is ON!

Maybe the Wannabes supporters should all dress in copper yellow and do spring ups at interval time just to see who's err awake by which time the ABs would have amassed points a plenty and caught the plane home!

I have no idea what this means.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
why don't we just boo really loudly during the haka, like the kiwi crowd do during our national anthem. Oh wait, that would be lowering ourselves to their level, and that's a pretty crap level.

What about complete silence during and after the haka, and complete silence for at least a minute after, while the wallabies just stand there. That would freak the blicks out. Like everyone else has said Suncorp will be full of bogan kiwi's so it will never happen.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Waltzing Matilda would probably catch on if people can sing it loud enough. But yea, something more simple would be easier to achieve. Need to sort out a chant quick though and get the news out.

Status
Not open for further replies.