• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Dan Carter out of cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
fark!! :'( . I think Slades up too the challenge. just glad its not the Duck.

Slade is not even the second best 5/8 in NZ - or if he is then they're in trouble: i can only assume he was picked for the future. DC is the best I have ever seen: he is a more complete footballer than Ella was. The injury was sustained in kicking practice: rupture abductor longus(?) tendon - n'er a prior niggle and no other degenerative damage in the region. he did rupture his achilles in France so he may have a connective tissue issue.
i think it needs to be acknowledged that the rugby world cup is the only contact sport, let alone collision sport, in which grown men compete in a finite period for a single crown. it wasnt/isnt designed to be played this way.
Hard to see NZ winning it without DC - but our loss to Ireland may now be their saviour: without DC in a final against Oz they would have choked (and no one can provem me wrong:cool:) in a semi - far less likely:'(

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm a big fan of Carter & have enjoyed following him & the saders, although I turn on him during world cup time to follow my country I'm absolutely devo'ed for him. If he was an arrogant arsehole it'd be easier but he seems like such a nice guy. I said it elsewhere, & I'm sure everyone already knows this but this isnt the first time at a RWC that he's had an injury get in the way, for this to happen a second time is just gut wrenching for him. Wish him to get better ASAP.

On the fly half replacement, I think Slade will do a good job but personally I'd pick Piri, when he was given a go at 10 he didnt let anyone down I thought he did well when he was placed there, an older cooler head for mine. I question Slades ability to handle the pressure rather than his skill set.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
If the Darkness win, will DC get a Medal?

Same for any of the other poor buggers who have been forced to return home and be replaced.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Hard to see NZ winning it without DC - but our loss to Ireland may now be their saviour: without DC in a final against Oz they would have choked (and no one can provem me wrong:cool:) in a semi - far less likely:'(

I dunno. You could make an argument that NZ's choking is historically limited only to the quarters and semis.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
New Zealand now have an excuse to choke. I would rather have beaten them at their best.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
New Zealand now have an excuse to choke. I would rather have beaten them at their best.

Despite my avatar, I wouldn't call the choke too early. Don't tell anyone but they still look the goods.

Agree with you that we will not receive the satisfaction of beating them with all their heavy artillery on the field.

Humour aside the tournament will be the poorer for the loss of Carter, Steyn, Lobbe, Mitchell and Sheridan to name but a few.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
McCaw is far from 100% ATM his foot is fucked so the All Blacks have some injury worries. How did Read go today?

As Reg said earlier I think the franny Steyn injury is just as damaging to the Boks, those 60 metre bombs he keeps landing are deadly & basically impossible to defend & had me worried that we'd go down in a kick fest.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Let's hope they continue with Cowan and Slade at 9 & 10, Muliaina at 15 and Williams at 4.

I think Weepu, Dagg & Whitelock have already cemented the starting spots, the selections I like are Guildford & Jane on the wings.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Slade looks semi-broken also, will be interesting to see how he pulls up. I like Weepu, superb 9, doesn't look so great at 10 to my eyes.

P

pete88

As a usually one-eyed Wallaby supporter, I'm surprised how shit this makes me feel. Guess I shouldn't be, no one else seems to be celebrating it. Maybe it's cos I've lost faith in the Wallys and don't want to see a seriously shit NH side win or the South Africans become the first side to get 3 Bills.

Seriously, maybe I have short memory, but are RWCs always this bad for injuries? There's been a shit ton, is the timing a month too early or something? Or just bad luck? It's weird and I don't like it.

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
I doesn't take long. Just got this emailed.

Dear Graham,

My sincere commiserations for losing 2 world cups in a row.Who was to predict that you would lose Dan Carter in the pool stages and lose to the Argentinians in the 1/4 finals by a record margin. I still respect you as a coach as you almost (but not quite) came close to competing with the wallabies when you coached the British lions in 2001 (despite having the best player lineup in the history of the Lions).I also feel for you in having been exiled from New Zealand (probably not a bad thing for lifestyle). I do wish you well in your current coaching job in Iceland.

kind regards, Robbie Deans

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Carter being injured brings me no joy but I think the kiwis are far from done. Which of the other teams is looking impressive - I can't think of one, except, maybe for ireland depending on how they go v italy.

BAd luck for Dan, you would have to think that 2016 will be a bridge to far for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.