• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Crusaders v Reds Prelim 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Deep kick off Reds, skewed clearing kick means a Reds lineout 25m out.

Planned over throw, but Ellis reads it and gets it before Genia. Cooper clears to the Crusaders 40m line.

Everything going the Crusaders way now as Dagg tries to claim the Cooper was outside the 22.

Reds steal the lineout, but Horwill gets driven into touch after a pick and drive.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
A la Suncorp crowd. Its not unique to this game.

The difference of course being that the Suncorp crowd evenly distributes their drunken rage between all 22 travelling team players, so each opponent only cops 1/22nd of the booing at most.

And it becomes even less when you factor in the refs, whom receive 48% of the flogging. Hence each away player is only targeted with 2.3% of the total crowd abuse throughout the match. Making Suncorp a much more civilized stadium than most NZ arenas.

Blink and you'll miss it.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Schatz was the man who missed Whitelock.

Crusaders used their extra man perfectly to leave Lucas in two minds, he stayed on the dummy runner allowing Carter to get past him.

Great play Crusaders.

Gotta say that defence on Whitelock was poor.

Schatz is having a mare. Missed two tackles now, struggled at the back of the scrum and looks out on his feet.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Carter only manages to clear to the 22m after being forced to a shallow angle. Good pressure Reds.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds forwards are getting beaten. Pick and drives working for them until Reads manages to pick one off and earn a penalty.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Holmes drops it and the ref misses it, rules it went backwards on the Reds 22. Great clearing kick from Coooper to the Crusaders 22.

They kick it back, Genia takes it under pressure and the Reds get driven back until they give away a penalty.

Crusaders forwards all over the Reds.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
This is boys against men at the moment

Crusaders look damn fine, just so accurate and so effective

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Short kick off, retaken by the Reds but they knock it on.

Scrum is the last play of the half.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds scrum finally wins a hit, get the Crusaders going backwards but they clear.

Crusaders bust the Reds line and drive over after a few rucks. Can't see the ball grounded; goes to the TMO.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I dont think ive ever heard it happen to one player continuously everytime he touches the ball. So yes crap gets sprouted. Not this bad though.

BS. I was at the Rebels game where they got that impressive win against the Saders & Ritchie was loudly booed every time he touched the ball or pretty much did anything. It was clearly more directed at him than anyone else. I'm not a fan of singling out players for booing either though.

HT NZ Rednecks 21 V AUS Rednecks 6

I reckon Ewen will get into the Reds & they'll come out better in the 2nd half. They are capable. I'm happy with the effort from the Saders but if they drop off at all in the 2nd half & I believe the Reds can come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.