• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Chiefs v Reds 7/6 QF

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think the Chiefs best is better than what the Reds can produce. But they also seem to be a bit of a bunny for the Reds, at least during the regular season.

The bookies have the Reds at $4 which I think is quite long.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Does anyone know if this is going to be shown on free to air?

would be nice if channel 9 made that commitment to our game (in fact show all the playoff matches)

doubt it though… just wondering if someone remembers last year fixture with the Aussie teams in playoffs across ditch

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
If the Chiefs have a banana skin team, I think they would say the Reds. Chiefs are probably favourites, but not heavy ones, as this is genuinely not a bad Reds team, well in my opinion.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)

would be nice if channel 9 made that commitment to our game (in fact show all the playoff matches)

doubt it though… just wondering if someone remembers last year fixture with the Aussie teams in playoffs across ditch

5pm kickoff on Friday arvo - zero chance channel 9 are dumping Deal or No Deal for this.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)

There's no chance of this.

Our sport's whole business model at the moment is based on the assumption that we can get enough people interested to subscribe to Stan.

If we want to get into advertising based revenue on FTA we can't be going to nine with a game on at 5:05pm on a Friday

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
If the Reds play to their best we're a chance.

Chiefs & those damn cowbells are a tough ask though.....

I'm going Reds by <10

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Not sure on the negativity, sure Chiefs are entitled favourites, but it is 4 v 5 which is the best shot you get from the second half of qualifiers. We are in it, so why not?

It's been a fabulous first season for Kiss and the team strengths are getting pretty seasoned at this stage. Got to be in it to win it.

Wallabies

Herbert Moran (7)
Dont blame people for thinking reds are unlikely to win but would like to remind poeple of how many "unlikely things" have happened this year. Reds win rate vs NZ sides has been 75%, losing by a margin of a try or less to NZ teams. Beat Crusaiders in NZ for firtst time since 1999. The two TOP sides were challanged significantly to get the win over us, blues winning in last minute and hurricanes winning in golden point.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Dont blame people for thinking reds are unlikely to win but would like to remind poeple of how many "unlikely things" have happened this year. Reds win rate vs NZ sides has been 75%, losing by a margin of a try or less to NZ teams. Beat Crusaiders in NZ for firtst time since 1999. The two TOP sides were challanged significantly to get the win over us, blues winning in last minute and hurricanes winning in golden point.
Yep and I was in New Plymouth last year when Reds tipped up the Chiefs. There are bugger all people here who think it will be a walk in the park by any means.