• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs vs Waratahs - 2011R05

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The lack of any ball skill tonight from the Tahs has been epic.
Carrying way too high into any contact. One off stuff and isolated repeatedly. Aimless kicking which is getting worse as the game goes on.
Cheetahs have played "Championship" style rugby in the wet - simple, grind it up, contest the breakdowns and kick well.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
15 stooges a pretty fair call from the commentators on the Tahs at the moment. Someone bring back the Tahs team from rounds 1 & 2, these blokes are impostors....!

I'll be happy to see the Reds on top of the conference, but not like this.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Pretty sure the miss nude crap has been on SBS before and the gf says so too. We watched it once for a laugh - and pretty sure the NSW girl wins. He stunners go out early.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Can someone tell these Tahs to at least show some concern that they are getting reamed? The curse of the limp breakdown display that hovers over Aus rugby strikes again.
By the way, could the ref reset these scrums any slower?

S120

Chris McKivat (8)
That set play that almost led to that try was awesome! Would love to see more of that come into the game.

Tahs have been woeful (probably the worst performance I've seen from a Waratahs side aside from that Crusaders game when they got spanked by 70ish) while the Cheetahs have been simply outstanding. Dominated the breakdown like very few teams can, been brilliant in defence so much so that the Tahs have never looked like scoring. What a performance.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So if you're on your knees, and an opposition player is holding your jersey you can crawl over to score? Kidding? Anyway, makes no difference - Tahs deservedly lose, just by more.

B

BRIX

Pussy forward pack. Too many Sydney Uni boys. Yeah, I said it.

Well done Cheetahs, first win on Australian soil

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Cheetahs score again. Not sure if it was a try though as he propelled himself forward from his knees to place it.

Why did it take so long to put Cross on for the Salami?

Why is Barnes on when he can barely walk?

Burgess has the Genia disease from round one and two.

Worst of all the pack put in a shocker.

And the fans start booing.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Tahs rightly getting booed. If there was rotten fruit it ought to be pegged at them too.
The Rebels would have beaten the Tahs comfortably on that display. Truly awful from everyone.
As I posted earlier - Cheetahs played it simply and effectively and waited for the Tahs to royally fuck up every opportunity. Well done.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Do the Waratahs have the worst fans in Super Rugby? Yep I think so. I don't think the crowd ever boo'ed the Reds during their poor seasons.

Great night for the Reds, and thanks for highlighting the work that needs to be done to beat the Cheetahs next week. ;)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
And to ruin miss nude for you guys, gf says that she remembers that Susie Q wins. Apparently she was also a pole dancing teacher at her old gym.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Interesting that the Tahs, after being torn a new one by the Crusaders, searched their souls and found....that.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Prefer silence to booing, you shouldnt boo your own team, I dont care how bad it was. But obviously they need TPN. Does anyone think Mumm as capt it a good idea? I wouldve thought they'd give that to Barnes.

Status
Not open for further replies.