• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs vs Waratahs - 2011R05

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard D. James

That was pathetic. Dumb tactics, poor execution, no heart.

I think Crusaders broke the Tahs...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Mumm at capt is pretty I think, especially when his form hasn't been too good to begin with.

Who else do they have though that's a senior leadership type player? Alexander might be a future capt, and maybe Barnes but that was one of the reasons he left the Reds. Maybe Mowen would be my pick.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Not one facet of the game they didn't royally fuck. What does it tell you when your only backline move is a fucking kick-pass?

B

BRIX

Mumms a little spoilt GPS boy. When he's not making a mistake he's throwing the dummy. We need some country+suburban mongrel. Forward pack are girls, like I said. Too many Sydney Uni guys in there. The bureaucracy of it all kills me. Park footy teams would have done better than that.

That wasn't just losing my friends...That was a display from a team with underlying problems, or perhaps even some sort of internal rift.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
There is no way to describe my disgust at that performance without resorting to expletives. There is not one player in a blue jersey who deserves to start in professional Rugby if that is the level of commitment and skill they show. The NEGS First 10 netball side would have put on a better display rugby than what those supposed professionals did tonight. They are an absolute disgrace.

Please do not bother to put up a Tahs MOTM score card as not one player deserves a solitary point. I wouldn't pay their cab ride home let alone a match fee/ wage for their rubbish in the last two games.

I hope those boos resound in their ears for a long long time, because it will take them winning the competition for me to forgive this.

M

Muttonbird

But obviously they need TPN.

One broken tight forward is going to fix that?

Attitude and basic skills were totally absent tonight and they are the duties of the coach and his assistants.

There's not enough player power at the Waratahs:lmao:

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Think about it...Tahs had a bye after losing badly to the Saders, and put on this woeful performance...and then next week they play the Brumbies who then would be facing the same scenario...and thus it will be in Tah's favour!

D

deefence

Was it a lecture on the finer points of Modern Architecture focusing on the view from behind the goalposts? Really what can any of the players say after that display....

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
The Tahs highlight the nonsense that is rushing schoolboys into the big league without doing a tough apprenticeship. How Fitzpatrick or McCutcheon get ahead of tougher campaigners is beyond me. Big reputation at schoolboy level, straight into the academy or the ridiculous 7s pathway and then unravel with the rest of them against some tough no frills south africans (or kiwis). What's the point of club football.

Yes. Suzy Q did win

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
One broken tight forward is going to fix that?

Attitude and basic skills were totally absent tonight and they are the duties of the coach and his assistants.

There's not enough player power at the Waratahs:lmao:

I'm not saying it is all on TPN but he gives them great go forward and obviously they need him back.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
On the strength of that, next weekends game should even more of a dull and dour affair than the usual match between them.

Both teams absolutely desperate for a win and too scared to take any risks. Lay in the no-Doze tablets fellers....

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
How many times do the Tahs (and for that matter other Aus teams at times, the Wallabies etc...) need to have their pants pulled down and a rogering applied at the breakdown, until they start to show some consistent application at the breakdown? One off runners, carrying way too high from static starts who get smashed backwards and turned over - it is a recurring nightmare that either players or coaches seem incapable of fixing. Coupled with high risk unsympathetic passes when it is wet and slippery. And yet each time it looks surprising to them when it doesn't work? Frustrating as hell.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah agree that the Cheetahs did well. They played their brand of rugby and the Tahs couldn't rise above it.

Brussouw deserved MOTM if he got it.

Cheetahs v Reds next week shapes up as an interesting game.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
More like 'rebuilding' team morale...

They don't deserve to have any morale after that. They should be gutted and ashamed. IMO all of those Tahs players should be contacted by the ARU and told you have no chance of ever getting any ARU contract if there is ever another hint of a performance like that. Bloke like Baxter and Mumm are finished and Barnes has done huge damage to any aspiration he may have had.

Piglet

Herbert Moran (7)
Prefer silence to booing, you shouldnt boo your own team, I dont care how bad it was.

Why not?

Sometimes you've got to get the message across. These guys are professionals - some of them earning hundreds of thousands of dollars - and if they don't perform (we don't expect them to win all the time) and can't show even basic rugby skills, why can't the fans let them know how disappointed they are with the performance?

The team is not sacred.

Status
Not open for further replies.