• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2024

Soupnasty

Stan Wickham (3)
Mackenzie is a 1sts Backrower and should be number 8. In my opinion - I have been wrong many times though no doubt. So I could be wrong here.
To be honest, across 1 and 2 are very strong back rows. Not hard done by to be 2's or 1's for any of them.
Still can't believe that Jarvis isn't there though!

Mule

Chris McKivat (8)
To be honest, across 1 and 2 are very strong back rows. Not hard done by to be 2's or 1's for any of them.
Still can't believe that Jarvis isn't there though!
Orr probably the victim of only a couple of games back since injury unfortunately….. still time to get a call up or skip straight through to Gen Blue Academy which has happened before I think?

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
And the annoying thing is he is beaten by an u16s kid.. who will be on the u16s pathway anyway. So they have stopped a potential senior kid, and had no positive impact on the 16s kid.

And if they are better, I really believe they should be the next great union player to be picked as an u16s in opens..

So far the CAS results have shown it isn’t working. Think back to when other u16s have been selected- each year they have been found out and even put in dangerous situations.

Mule

Chris McKivat (8)
And the annoying thing is he is beaten by an u16s kid.. who will be on the u16s pathway anyway. So they have stopped a potential senior kid, and had no positive impact on the 16s kid.

And if they are better, I really believe they should be the next great union player to be picked as an u16s in opens..

So far the CAS results have shown it isn’t working. Think back to when other u16s have been selected- each year they have been found out and even put in dangerous situations.
Ok, genuine question….. what’s better for the player and/or future Rugby Australia:
1. Making the best u16s play u16s and getting used to being dominant/enjoying success
2. Making the best u16s play up early and being less dominant/experiencing struggle
??

Snort1

Bob McCowan (2)
Ok, genuine question….. what’s better for the player and/or future Rugby Australia:
1. Making the best u16s play u16s and getting used to being dominant/enjoying success
2. Making the best u16s play up early and being less dominant/experiencing struggle
??
I dunno, you pick the best team, don't you? If the U16 kid is going to be a Wallaby, he benefits from the tougher challenge. "Experiencing struggle" is what makes you better.

Hector

Peter Burge (5)
It's a shame AI can't fill the rest of these in. But there ought enough of you pass on some scores from the last 2 weeks so we can do up some tables. Thanks again @Mule for posting yours.

Another ugly weekend for Aloys, only one team (the age group who were the best of the school last year) getting any points at all.

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 8.45.31 am.png

Hector

Peter Burge (5)
Thanks all. So we can do tables, we need:

Round 1: Trinity v Barker 16As, 15As and 13As
Round 2: Knox v Trinity 15As and 14s. Cranbrook v Waverley 15As.

Fridayarvodrinks

Frank Row (1)
A chant for any fellow supporters getting down to watch the CAS matches:

CAS Rugby, we're the best, Stronger, faster than the rest! With Max Meagher, leading the way, Victory is ours today!

CAS, CAS, hear us roar, Charging forward, we will score! Max's power, speed, and might, We'll fight, fight, fight with all our might!

Go CAS, we're on the rise, Winning games and claiming prize! With Max Meagher, bold and true, We'll conquer all, it's what we do!

CAS, CAS, one and all, Together we will never fall! With Max Meagher by our side, We'll bring the win with pride!

SirScrumsAlot

Frank Row (1)
For those making the journey from Milsons' Point to support the CAS matches:

With Ponsonby's speed and Slingo's fierce might,
Harkin's precision, and Wake's blazing light,
The Aloys boys charge, no foes stand in sight,
CAS Rugby shall triumph, victory in flight!
On the field of valor, where legends are born,
Their teamwork and grit shall weather the storm.
Luka's swift footsteps like thunder they roar,
While Ollie's strong tackles lay foes on the floor.
Joe's cunning tactics, a strategist's pride,
And Finn's blinding runs, like the tide they glide.
Together they stand, an unbreakable crew,
With hearts full of fire, their victory's due!