• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2024

Famed_Star

Allen Oxlade (6)
IMG_0721.jpeg

2 wins in 12 years - tough going.

Who were the players and coaches of those teams?

rod skellet

Desmond Connor (43)
Ben Brydon takes out Joseph Sua'ali'i in over time. CAS led 21 nil at half time. GPS replaced half the side with 2nds players. CAS kept same team on the paddock. final score 21/19. Just a ripper game

Snort1

Stan Wickham (3)
The teams look OK to me - the selectors have a tough job. I do think St Aloysius having twice as many CAS reps as Cranbrook will be a bit of motivation for the boys in white later in the season.

Waverlian2024

Stan Wickham (3)
The teams look OK to me - the selectors have a tough job. I do think St Aloysius having twice as many CAS reps as Cranbrook will be a bit of motivation for the boys in white later in the season.
Yeah I find that quite interesting. A fair few Cranbrook boys will be disappointed they weren't picked.

moa999

Tom Lawton (22)
St Aloysius having twice as many CAS reps as
6 Barker, 5 Waverley, 3 Knox, will also give some motivation to the Waverley and Knox boys in term 3.

A few out of position selections I've noticed as well based on the Knox list here
Turner (8 for K to 6 for 1sts)
Roach (14 for K to 13 for 1sts)
Colvin (15 for K to 11 for 2nds)

Last edited:

Whatsthatcall

Bob McCowan (2)
6 Barker, 5 Waverley, 3 Knox, will also give some motivation to the Waverley and Knox boys in term 3.

A few out of position selections I've noticed as well based on the Knox list here
Turner (8 for K to 6 for 1sts)
Colvin (15 for K to 11 for 2nds)
Not one Knox player in CAS 1sts picked in his position. Seems to me Knox don’t have one player currently in their 1st XV that is considered the “best” in his position in CAS. That’s got to be motivating, especially when it simply isn’t true.