• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2024

Redtilldead24

Stan Wickham (3)
Barker team for the weekend
1. Mark Falaniko-Peterson
2. Keegan Daly
3. Nick Hill
4. Tahj Smith
5. Nathaniel Thomas
6. Quon Gibb
7. Hugo Wilson
8. Tj Talaileva
9. Jeremy Rath
10. Harrison Dene
11. Alexander Ward
12. James Archer
13. Oliver Chandler-Sullivan
14. Will Hargreaves
15. Charlie Poynton

Waverlian2024

Bob McCowan (2)
Reports coming out of Waverley from my son. Kahu Capper has been concussed after a workplace injury. Seriously, I can't believe Waverley would risk letting Kahu on a jobsite during the CAS season. I believe a wooden plank fell on his head, left quite the bruise I heard. Real shame, but I'm sure Waverley will have some replacements that are ready and raring to go, looking forward to a great fixture tomorrow.

And of course, I will be rating Cranbrook's canteen pie, really hoping it is of a high quality. Last week at Aloys really disappointed me, the pie was almost as bad as their footy team over the last few years!!

Regards,

MUZ

moa999

Watty Friend (18)
Finally someone else who thinks the lads deserve to have a laugh. As you say, after all, they are the ones with the literal skin in the game. The old boys get on here and rubbish the kids, their abilities and the schools they play for and that’s ok but bugger if the kids have a joke.
Unless you're a Mod.. Remember the focus of this forum is Australian rugby as a whole, and yet I suspect the schoolboy subsection takes up 90% of mod time - so much that there are specific rules.

And jokes get taken the other way pretty quickly and thread goes out of control. Posting garbage team lists or fake injuries isn't particularly funny anyway, and often an inside joke that 99% won't get.

In prior year the NSW GPS forum has been shut for weeks at a time due to poor behaviour.

Anyone rubbishing an individual player, whether parent old boy or kid, is likely to get a warning from the mods

Last edited:

Waverlian2024

Bob McCowan (2)
Unless you're a Mod.. Remember the focus of this forum is Australian rugby as a whole, and yet I suspect the schoolboy subsection takes up 90% of mod time - so much that there are specific rules.

And jokes get taken the other way pretty quickly and thread goes out of control. Posting garbage team lists or fake injuries isn't particularly funny anyway

In prior year the NSW GPS forum has been shut for weeks at a time due to poor behaviour.

Anyone rubbishing an individual player, whether parent old boy or kid, is likely to get a warning from the mods
Yeah I agree, I love to come and read what everyone has to say on the forums. In particular, about Waverley. Although in recent years much of the forums have been occupied by Cranbrook boys talking up their teams, which I find amusing seeing they finish next to last each year. I think there just needs to be a bit of calmness, in particular after the GPS forum has been locked. Would not want to see my beloved CAS forum follow the same path.

Regards,

Muz

League >>>

Frank Row (1)
Massive game against Waves / Cranbrook this Saturday. The game should finalise the battle of the CAS 9's, both Hugo Schneider and Tom Marchant will want to have the game of their lives.

DavidMurray11

Frank Row (1)
Gents.
I have just received the St Aloysius team list for this week's fixture against Barker.
1. Matt "Car-Crash" Carrozzi
2. Lucas "Boot" Martins
3. Luka "Rizz" Ponsonby (c)
4. Damian "Him" Lord
5. Ollie "Nonchalant" Slingo
6. Daniel "haircut" Rudd
7. Ryan "Rhino" Gomez
8. Joey "Biceps" Harkin
9. Charlie "typical halfback" Horton
10. Liam "Cute" Price
11. Angus "Sussy" Williams
12. Finn "Unstoppable" Wake
13. Tom "Greenwich" Burgess
14. Rory "gym" Wells
15. Darby "locked-in" Crowley

Looking to be a big game down at Hornsby. Based on the sheer grit of the Aloys forward pack, and slick haircuts of the Aloys backline, I might have to tip Aloys by 2 or 3. We are certainly in for a close game, but the performance of the boys from Kirribilli last week seems to position them as the favourites. Score prediction: 63-60 Aloys Way.

Muzza Out.

League >>>

Frank Row (1)
I've heard Hugo Schiender pulled a hammy running away from a tackle at training? Perhaps I'm wrong? Just seems so believable for a man of his character.

Cheers,
Gerald
I would hope not, want the best for him. Word out of Waves camp he's been training hard and should be CAS-bound.

DavidMurray11

Frank Row (1)
Big fixtures this week boys, can't wait to see them play it out.
Knox v Trinity should be an interesting one. To be honest, I am going to have to tip the underdogs, with Trinity looking hungry. Score prediction: 35-7 Trinity Way.

Cranbrook v Waverley. This week's hottest rivalry. Although Cranbrook have the home field advantage, I do not see Waverley losing this one. Happy to be proven wrong! Score prediction: 28-19 Waverley Way.

Happy Footy.
Muzza

Comeonmate

Bob McCowan (2)
Knox v Trinity should be an interesting one. To be honest, I am going to have to tip the underdogs, with Trinity looking hungry. Score prediction: 35-7 Trinity Way.

Cranbrook v Waverley. This week's hottest rivalry. Although Cranbrook have the home field advantage, I do not see Waverley losing this one. Happy to be proven wrong! Score prediction: 28-19 Waverley Way.

Happy Footy.
Muzza
Cranbrook v Waverley should be a good game of their rivarly, really looking forward to see Cranbrook winning

Waverlian2024

Bob McCowan (2)
Any 2nds teamlists?
Hey mate,

I believe there is a 2ndXV waverley team list a couple pages back if you have a look.
Also just a reminder, just message me if you would like to meet up at the Cranbrook - Waverley game and join me for the pie review! Looking forward to a great afternoon.

Warm regards,

Muz

Whatsthatcall

Bob McCowan (2)
Knox vs Trinity should be an interesting one. To be honest, I am going to have to tip the underdogs, with Trinity looking hungry. Score prediction: 35-7 Trinity Way.

Cranbrook vs Waverley. This week's hottest rivalry. Although Cranbrook have the home field advantage, I do not see Waverley losing this one. Happy to be proven wrong! Score prediction: 28-19 Waverley Way.

Happy Footy.
Muzza
What’s the line up for Trinity? Got the team list?

Waverlian2024

Bob McCowan (2)
30 mL of rain last night. Another week of wet weather footy. I wonder which teams this will play advantage to. Waverley have done well in these wet weather situations generally but so have Cranbrook. Home ground advantage may be the decider in the game today.

Pie review doesn't discriminate, rain, hail or shine. Be there.

Regards,

MUZ