• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2024

Waverlian2024

Bob McCowan (2)
1. Jackson Steele
2. Olivia Summers
3. Marcus Rivers
4. Isabella Cruz
5. Ethan Knight
6. Gabriella Blake
7. Ed Lyons
8. Ollie Aboud
9. Hugo Schnider
10. Lily Martinez
11. Nathan Wolfe
12. Ava Sanchez
13. Kahu Capper
14. King Manu
15. Caleb Ramirez

Kind Regards,
Flynn
As an old boy and viewer of Waverley rugby. I can confirm there are no females in the team, and that the list is inaccurate.

Regards,

Muz

Whatsthatcall

Bob McCowan (2)
If they’re picking on personality and heart Harry Tanner is guaranteed. Great kid.

Also, Chief Turner, Beef’s brother, would be my pick at 8.
As an old boy and viewer of Waverley rugby. I can confirm there are no females in the team, and that the list is inaccurate.

Regards,

Muz
Maybe there should be…..they might play better.

Waverlian2024

Bob McCowan (2)
IMG_4854.JPG

Waverley team for the weekend.

Regards,

Muz

gaberoberts1

Frank Row (1)
Hey Salad,

After this predicted team I think you're more of a vegetable. None of these players are in CAS teams. This is why we need to get rid of these schoolboys from the forums. It's infuriating that I have to come on here and read this absolute garbage.

PS: Anyone interested in watching the Cranbrook vs Waverley game with me. I will be there and will be doing a pie review!! So Cranbrook canteen watch out!

Regards,

Muz
Hey Waverlian,

I am a proud father of five boys (four who have played 1st XV like myself within the CAS competition) and I personally find it infuriating when spectators get worked up over school boys on the forum. When push comes to shove these lads are training there hearts out and putting eveything on the line (including their time spent studying - exclude aloys from this obviously they have there priorities straight) to entertain you all. I find the banter and humour to be lighthearted and aligning with the ideals of strong rivalry in school boy rugby. The CAS rugby competition is built on the backs of 90 lads wanting to go onto a field and smack each other each week to defend their institutions and good on them for wanting to talk themselves up. The forum as a whole is not just here for us old blokes to reminisce but for the youngens to discover the beauty of the battle. I think that to little credit is given to the blokes who really want to fight for every inch, on and off the field, whether that be in training, in games or on the forum. Sun Tzu himself wrote in The Art of War that “All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.” These lads may just be using this forum to try and deceive their opponents and good on them - rugby is war.

On another note anyone wanting to watch the Waverly vs Cranbrook with me on the weekend are more than welcome to. I usually perch myself on the roof of the grandstand down at Queens Park with my sons. We bring spare deck chairs and I make some mean tucker which I’m willing to share so just come on up.

GR out

gaberoberts1

Frank Row (1)
My predictions for this weekend:

Barker over aloys (by 10 - still unsure about aloys they seem to be building up some steam)
Cranbrook over Waverly (Waverly played sub par last week with poor connection or intent from the forwards)
Knox over trinity (trinity seem weak this year - I watched them play last week - but Knox aren’t anything special so probably a margin of only 15)

GR out

Whatsthatcall

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey Waverlian,

I am a proud father of five boys (four who have played 1st XV like myself within the CAS competition) and I personally find it infuriating when spectators get worked up over school boys on the forum. When push comes to shove these lads are training there hearts out and putting eveything on the line (including their time spent studying - exclude aloys from this obviously they have there priorities straight) to entertain you all. I find the banter and humour to be lighthearted and aligning with the ideals of strong rivalry in school boy rugby. The CAS rugby competition is built on the backs of 90 lads wanting to go onto a field and smack each other each week to defend their institutions and good on them for wanting to talk themselves up. The forum as a whole is not just here for us old blokes to reminisce but for the youngens to discover the beauty of the battle. I think that to little credit is given to the blokes who really want to fight for every inch, on and off the field, whether that be in training, in games or on the forum. Sun Tzu himself wrote in The Art of War that “All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.” These lads may just be using this forum to try and deceive their opponents and good on them - rugby is war.

On another note anyone wanting to watch the Waverly vs Cranbrook with me on the weekend are more than welcome to. I usually perch myself on the roof of the grandstand down at Queens Park with my sons. We bring spare deck chairs and I make some mean tucker which I’m willing to share so just come on up.

GR out
Finally someone else who thinks the lads deserve to have a laugh. As you say, after all, they are the ones with the literal skin in the game. The old boys get on here and rubbish the kids, their abilities and the schools they play for and that’s ok but bugger if the kids have a joke.

Hector

Peter Burge (5)
Thanks Mule and 50c, a few more to go so we can get some standings going beyond just the 1st and 2nds.

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 9.36.33 am.png

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 9.36.44 am.png

Last edited:

CASLEGEND

Frank Row (1)
CAS 1XV PREDICTED:

1. Charles Brabrook (Knox)
2. Harry Tanner (Knox)
3. Diesel Cox (Waves)
4. G.Roper (Aloys)
5. Lachie Warren (Cranbrook)
6. Orlando Crino (Trinity)
7. Jed Mit (Augs)
8. Beef Turner (Joeys)
9. Bernard Lau (Shore)
10. Charlie Kellahan (Knox 5th XV)
11. Juan DeLange (Joeys)
12. Chad Ball (View)
13. Gus Tremain (Stannies)
14. William Firth (TAFE - Brickie)
15. Mitch Woods (Walgett High)

I've seen some great things about number 2 Harry Tanner, been playing terrificly for Knox, aswell as William Firth, absolutely scintilating on the wing for the Brickie's XV.

Again new to the forum so this is an absolute shot in the dark, based off of the games I've seen number 9 is an absolute lock.
I Disagree i think William wolfgarten from Waverley is the best player to ever come from wagga

Famed_Star

Allen Oxlade (6)

Attachments

• IMG_0713.jpeg
    IMG_0713.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 185
Last edited: