• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Canes v Reds at the Cake Tin - 2011R11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Quade Cooper has shown that his game is developing. Carlos Spencer game stayed the same. It's not fair to compare him to Larkham. He was one of the great players. But you are comparing a player who has ended his career with one who is just starting.

Quade isn't a genius, but he certainly is a freak.

Cooper, Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) all certainly have the talent to be 'greats'. Wonder which will make it. My money has always been on JOC (James O'Connor), but Cooper is improving most of the time.

D

daz

I've said it before and I'll say it again; in 15 years time we will be locking JOC (James O'Connor) in as a Wallaby great. If not the greatest. Sorry Tim!

Unless France or Japan drag him away before he reaches that rare air, that is....

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think we should only rotate players once the Tahs cant catch us, it might have to wait until the last week, but only do it when it is safe

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
You don't think gunning for a home final might be more important Liquor Box? I certainly do. Best available team every week!

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
That was a very exciting game. I was expecting big things from the Canes as they were at last without Ma Nonu - he has been utter shit all season - and Ngatai didn't disappoint (until his unfortunate injury, occassioned by yet another unpunished high tackle).

Cooper was electric in attack again - he made Morahan look great twice for the tries.

Saia Fainga'a did struggle a bit in the scrums, but improved the lineout and as usual got through a lot of work.

And your completely delusional thinking home town refs don't favour their sides.

Ian Smith is a Queenslander isn't he? :fishing

T

TOCC

Had the Reds won that game, it would have been seen as another master stroke by Link by giving certain players a rest whilst increasing the game time of others in the squad, as it happens they lost by a penalty goal at the death.

Whilst never happy to lose, there are far worse ways in which it could have happened, they could have had a full strength side and still capitulated, they could have given up in the first half and let the Canes run away with it. At least they will effectively be able to identify some lingering weaknesses in the team.

R

Raugeee

That was a very exciting game. I was expecting big things from the Canes as they were at last without Ma Nonu - he has been utter shit all season - and Ngatai didn't disappoint (until his unfortunate injury, occassioned by yet another unpunished high tackle).

Cooper was electric in attack again - he made Morahan look great twice for the tries.

Saia Fainga'a did struggle a bit in the scrums, but improved the lineout and as usual got through a lot of work.

Ian Smith is a Queenslander isn't he? :fishing

No - Ian Smith was Prime Minister of Rhodesia from 1964 - 1979.......

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Had the Reds won that game, it would have been seen as another master stroke by Link by giving certain players a rest whilst increasing the game time of others in the squad, as it happens they lost by a penalty goal at the death.

Whilst never happy to lose, there are far worse ways in which it could have happened, they could have had a full strength side and still capitulated, they could have given up in the first half and let the Canes run away with it. At least they will effectively be able to identify some lingering weaknesses in the team.

I'd probably be a bit cranky about losing to a pretty ordinary Kiwi team though and you have to beat those sides from NZ to get where you want to be in this tournament.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not even close to a high tackle. Like many others I am seeing penalised lately. Hit the ball first and bounced up to his shoulder. And yes I do know the Law.

Law 10 (e) ... A player must not tackle (or try to tackle) an opponent above the line of the shoulders even if the tackle starts below the line of the shoulders. A tackle around the opponent's neck or head is dangerous play.
Sanction: Penalty kick.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Not really - law says above shoulders where as sully noted the tackle went to the shoulder.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I wasn't having a shot at Sully, cyclo, but I think that this law should be refereed strictly without any concern for mitigating circumstances.

At a time when there is lot of attention being given to the cumulative effects of head knocks, I think the policy should be: Leave the seagull alone.

One of my pet hates - aside from the fact that I have to listen to them - is when television commentators rabbit on about high tackles: "Oh, there was nothing in that"; "I don't think that was deliberate"; etc.

The throat tackle belongs to an earlier, less enlightened age, and unlike rucking I am not nostalgic about it.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Geez Raugeee, 30 posts and not one of them about anything other than slagging the ref's. You don't like home town ref's, we get it.

Got any other topics up your sleeve?

Raugbee is Stuart Dickinson and I claim my commemorative whistle.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
We were tactically poor. We all know we should commit more to the breakdown against kiwi sides and we didn't. Only two losses for the season so still in good shape and when the boys review the footage they will know exactly what to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.