• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies vs Waratahs - 2011R06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
He's certainly looking like it. I have a theory that they're all opensides and Colby is the only one who admits it.

That's actually a pretty good point!

I think Colby and Ant are both better than Saia, even though I think Ant had a really good game against the Rebels. Put on some excellent tackles that really cut off the Rebels attacking moves. Basically, the sort of thing that didn't work for him in his run-on test debut was working wonders.

I think maybe in a year or two Colby might be better though.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Does anyone else find it odd that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was the main instigator in getting Friend fired and now is more than likely heading to the Waratahs next year?

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Was he the main instigator though? The only thing that's been established was that he was part of the group that had concerns about him.

R

Richard D. James

And all Brumbies supporters had concerns over Friend as well, so I have no issue with that. Obviously it was the way he was let go that was the problem, not the fact he was let go.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I have to disagree, before TPN went off the tahs were in the crusaders match, the players died off with him and the poor goal kicking was the nail in the coffin that made the task that much harder.

The cheetahs game, I'm not sure after watching it live then again on replay there is enough to suggestvwhat the actual plan was. You would assume it was more cncervative than the one they would have taken into the other games due to the weather but the fact of the matter is it was a completely terrible performance and really isn't comparable with the otter three matches they have been in.

Execution is what has let us down, not chances or style, a couple of passes don't go to ground and all of a sudden were debating how terrible the win was not loss

Pretty hard to complete any game plan when you can't catch the ball. The just didn't seem to turn up mentally, and never adjusted to the Cheetah's pressure during the game.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Hench,

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was not the main reason Andy Friend was sacked. The fact he is the players rep on the board obviously make it look bad, but he was merely passing on the concerns of other players so it wouldn't have mattered who the players rep was because they would have been also held responsible. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) had already stated before this all blew up that he had non-football related issues to sort out before he would commit to a domestic side.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was just the player rep on the board... all the teams have one...

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Clearly Matt Giteau is now the Brumbies selector.

I have grave concerns for Larkham as a coach if he feels the backline is at its best with Giteau at 10. It beggars belief. Slim's backline is 10x as good.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As a Brumbies' supporter I'm really looking forward to 2012...

I wouldn't feel so frustrated if the best available Brumbies went out onto the field and lost the game...

But when some problems can be prevented by through what should be obvious selection issues then it really pisses me off...

It was bleeding obvious that the To'omua/Giteau 10/12 axis is what was best for the Brumbies...

This was pretty much settled LAST YEAR after Giteau's continual woeful performances and the Brumbies' backline operating at its peak with To'omua at flyhalf...

And then all of a sudden all of this is conveniently ignored so Gits can wear 10...

Now we have a team with no real coach, no real captain, and no one with half a brain to make the obvious selections and change tactics that are not working...

I can't wait for 2012...

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
TPN officially gone according to ABC, so FItzpatrick to start with ulunga the unimpressive on the bench.

im hoping for some pro wrestling style theatrics in this one, brumbies down by a few AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) makes a break has no one around him stops, throws the ball down, rips his brumbies jersey off to reveal a tahs jersey underneath, the siren goes the canberra crowd boos, ratings however go up at this new form of rugby excitment.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
im hoping for some pro wrestling style theatrics in this one, brumbies down by a few AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) makes a break has no one around him stops, throws the ball down, rips his brumbies jersey off to reveal a tahs jersey underneath, the siren goes the canberra crowd boos, ratings however go up at this new form of rugby excitment.

bahahahahaha....being a big wrestling fan, this would be awesome.....lol

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies are doing their best to push AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)...

The Brumbies' halves aren't working... so what do they do?

Put down AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s form... shift him to fullback... and allow him to take the heat for the Friend debacle...

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Hench,

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was not the main reason Andy Friend was sacked. The fact he is the players rep on the board obviously make it look bad, but he was merely passing on the concerns of other players so it wouldn't have mattered who the players rep was because they would have been also held responsible. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) had already stated before this all blew up that he had non-football related issues to sort out before he would commit to a domestic side.

It was reported that one of the factors behind AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) not wanting to sign up with the ACT was Friend being the Coach....not the only thing but when a board is looking at how to retain one of it's best players that is obviously going to hold some weight.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
FYI

"Wallabies winger Lachie Turner is the latest player to recommit to Australian Rugby, extending his association by an additional two years.

The 24-year-old flyer, who has also re-signed with the NSW Waratahs, has appeared in 14 Tests since making his debut against France at Brisbane in 2008."

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
The Brumbies are doing their best to push AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)...

The Brumbies' halves aren't working... so what do they do?

Put down AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s form... shift him to fullback... and allow him to take the heat for the Friend debacle...

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is our next best fullback, and A.Smith is our next best outside.. it could all have been a misreported reshuffle to cover McCabe’s injury, not actually AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) being shifted to fullback because of his form which was suggested. I still expect AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to start at 13 and McCabe 15 when he returns.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) situation sounds a lot like the barnes one. Player rep, asked to comment on the coach, made assurances then hung out by the board. Sounds like the tahs are firming in taking advantage which is odd due to them having one of the most inept boards in Australian sport

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
TPN officially gone according to ABC, so FItzpatrick to start with ulunga the unimpressive on the bench.

...Followed by Gits with a toulon jersey... only his has 21 on the back

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Tonight Hickey said something on the rugby club that was either the best lie I've ever seen or was a genuine surprise: He said that Ulugia was always going to be replaced after 30 mins when hopefully he would have taken the sting out of the Cheetahs and he was NOT pulled because of his poor play. Taking him at face value, this selection now seems to make more sense than it did at the time. (I said more sense, not complete sense). Given TPN is not right for this week, which he also announced, will Fitzpatrick start or will Ulugia be entrusted with the first 30 minutes again? Given the Brumby front row is far less imposing without Moore, I would start Fitzpatrick.

They've announced a 24-man squad including TPN with the extras in the forwards, so it looks like Mitchell is OK. But I'm not in favour of delaying team announcements like this because you obviously have people playing injured to some significant extent. Its only round 6, not a final. You have to trust the squad depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.