• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies vs Lions @ Canberra - 2011R13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
For those with Fox Sports news, watch the 11pm edition for one of the best sprays you'll ever hear from any coach in any code...

That's the only thing I'd differ on - it's THE best spray you'll ever hear!

Some of those comments - "A group that's comfortable coming second" ouch...

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
"Do you think they can lift for the next five games"

"no, no chance"

holy crap thats awesome

Reactions: Epi

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
That woman was fishing for individuals haha, would have maybe been a bit harsh of I singled out people.

Gits sounded a fair bit devastated which is fair enough considering the effort he has put in this season

Brumbies had a good squad this season with no injuries but they've fucked themselves majorly

Reactions: Epi
T

tranquility

Wow that was some press conference.

It was actually really sad though. I knew things were not entirely peachy in Canberra, but I had no idea things had deteriorated to such a point. It is very much like the Reds from 3 or 4 seasons ago, I just really hope that something clicks which starts the turn around. Wow.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I read the thread and thought it would be a coach trying to gee his team up, having listened that was brutal, but also massively unprofessional.

I don't mean to say he was wrong, and hopefully it might be the wakeup call the Brumbies need, but he won't coach higher than first grade again in this country. The coach isn't supposed to sell his team down the river, he could have made the same points, but without sounding like a petulant child. he just basically gave up 5 games from the end. I wouldn't blame the brumbies board for booting him tomorrow morning. Massively destructive.

(watch out the Force next week now)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That woman was fishing for individuals haha, would have maybe been a bit harsh of I singled out people.

Gits sounded a fair bit devastated which is fair enough considering the effort he has put in this season

Brumbies had a good squad this season with no injuries but they've fucked themselves majorly

Except for Elsom and Hoiles...

And when they lost both starting hookers...

As well as a few other players at times...

However, they still should've eom more with that squad...

T

TOCC

I read the thread and thought it would be a coach trying to gee his team up, having listened that was brutal, but also massively unprofessional.

I don't mean to say he was wrong, and hopefully it might be the wakeup call the Brumbies need, but he won't coach higher than first grade again in this country. The coach isn't supposed to sell his team down the river, he could have made the same points, but without sounding like a petulant child. he just basically gave up 5 games from the end. I wouldn't blame the brumbies board for booting him tomorrow morning. Massively destructive.

(watch out the Force next week now)

i couldnt disagree more, a brutal and fair assessment is exactly whats needed at the Brumbies.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Hopefully he can help turn this disaster into a good 2012 season by connecting this pain to it's root causes, even if he isn't going to be there.

R

RuckinGoodStats

"The Brumbies conceded 10 rucks out of their 21 lost possession/turnovers. The Lions only made a low 12 lost possession/turnovers."
"The Lions missed 17 tackles to the Brumbies 12 with both teams making the same amount of tackles."
"Very low number of handling errors (Brumbies 4, Lions 6) for teams at the lower end of the points table."
"The is the 2nd week in a row Matt Giteau has got 100% of his place kicks."
"When Cilliers in bin, the Brumbies put on 3 points. The Brumbies did not capitalising on the Lions having 14 players as they had only 14% possession and 34% territory. During this time the Lions ran in a try."

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This is clearly the lowest point in the history of the Brumbies' franchise...

One would hope things can only go up from here...

Next year should hopefully be a fresh start with a new coach, and it would be great to see a Reds style resurgence over the next few years...

And can Nic White finally get a run?

I know he hasn't played a single minute this year but surely he's got to be the best scrumhalf in the team?!

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Except for Elsom and Hoiles... etc

Sorry meant to put a comma in their somewhere,

Without injuries they would have had a quality starting line up,but well shit happens

But even with their injuries they could have put out a decent team. Backs should have been:
9. White, 10. To'omua, 11. Speight/Fainifo/Crook/Stills, 12. Giteau, 13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), 14. McCabe, 15. Lilo

No valentine or phipps and no Gits at 10. No tyrone either dont rate him at all

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Agreed.

On top of their incredibly dumb play, they haven't been helped by Rea's turnstile selections.

Rea may be justified in his spray towards the players commitment, but he can't keep churning out the same failed combinations and be surprised that they don't work... or drop players in form... or make unecessary substitutions to players holding the team up...

To'omua should've started the season at flyhalf... imagine the combination he could've formed with Giteau at 12?

Instead we have the musical chairs in playmaking... To'omua plays a confusing mish mash of fullback/flyhalf/inside centre/whatever and puts in some mixed performances and is banished completely from the team...

For a few weeks straight Hooper was one of the best on field, and providing the fetcher role the Brumbies' so desperately needed... so he gets benched for Fainga'a...

Fainga'a put in a good performance last night (although still lacks the pilfering aspect of the game needed), but don't be surprised if Salvi comes back into the team...

I don't rate Phibbs at all but he put in the best performances for a Brumbies' halfback all year in his two starts and so is benched...

Chisholm is benched for Hand who has done nothing all year...

Does anyone know if Kimlin or Chapman had any minor injuries last night?

Because I don't understand why you would bring off two of your most influential forwards when the likes of Vaea and Hand weren't exactly playing so great...

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
About time a coach showed some passion for an underperforming team. Needs to back it up with big changes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.