• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies vs Lions @ Canberra - 2011R13

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
nothing to say about this year. You have rugby league coach trying to play rugby union. Starting to think friends biggest mistake was hiring this guy to start with.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
nothing to say about this year. You have rugby league coach trying to play rugby union. Starting to think friends biggest mistake was hiring this guy to start with.

You are kidding right.... funniest post of the year.

F

feed_me

Can't believe I stayed home to watch that... poor effort. Full credit to the lions though.

Hopefully we can avoid the spoon, only thing keeping us off the foot of the table is that we've had our second bye already.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
For those with Fox Sports news, watch the 11pm edition for one of the best sprays you'll ever hear from any coach in any code...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
First, I'll get the injury news out of the way.

Ma'afu = broken arm
Edmonds = going for MRI on ankle
McCabe = Also going for MRI on his injured neck/shoulder

Now on to Tony Rea...
He has given a spray to all and sundry within the Brumbies, the players especially. He also had a thinly veiled go at management. He says that players get confused with what hard work is and this has been since day 1 of pre-season.
He then said that he thought the team stood no chance in the remaining 5 games and that decision making from some was non-existent and that when pressure is applied, they just crumble.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
First, I'll get the injury news out of the way.

Now on to Tony Rea...
He has given a spray to all and sundry within the Brumbies, the players especially. He also had a thinly veiled go at management. He says that players get confused with what hard work is and this has been since day 1 of pre-season.
He then said that he thought the team stood no chance in the remaining 5 games and that decision making from some was non-existent and that when pressure is applied, they just crumble.

Wow - good on him for that. What odds they finish the season with Larkham/Harrison/Caputo as the coaches. Guess he figured there is no longer any need to toe the corporate line!! Bloody Fox has geolocation running on IP addresses so can't access video from here

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
That was incredible, how can he continue coaching them after that?
Gits was hardly supportive of the playing group either.
That surely is rock bottom, isnt it?

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
That was incredible, how can he continue coaching them after that?
Gits was hardly supportive of the playing group either.

I've never, ever heard anything like that from a coach during a post-game interview. Although perhaps the fact that he knows he has already been replaced for 2012 has allowed him the freedom to express himself honestly?

Status
Not open for further replies.