• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies vs Lions @ Canberra - 2011R13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
The only way to deal with a performance like this is to get drunk enough to erase all memory of the events of the night.

Done that a few times over the years with the Reds myself... Did it again last night actually, then watched the replay to get rid of the hangover!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That was embarrassing...

The ref was just as bad but it's no excuse... The Brumbies should've flogged a team like this...

The selections... The decision making... The replacements.... Just terrible...

Once again the valentine Giteau halves combination fails...

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), McCabe and Moore were carrying that team all night....

And it's bloody obvious Moore should be captain...

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
Poor performance. Brums looked absolutely toothless in attack. What has happened to you this year? Just goes to show, you can't take any game for granted. Hopefully the wallaby players in this line up can still stand tall for the national team... but at this rate there might not be many of them!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Giteau looks like someone has wiped a stinkfinger on his top lip when having to give a losing captains interview.

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I know Brumbies fans will be very disappointed, but as a neutral it was hard not to feel elated for the Lions players. They put 100% into that match, and thoroughly deserved their success. Great to see a team winning against the odds.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You would think by now the Brumbies forwards would've learned to muscle ip at the breakdown...

You would also think Fagan would be reconsidering the idea to bring back George smith for two games...

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
For mine they've exceeded just desserts for their crazy brand of player politics, and are now to be pitied. Perhaps they just need to be scattered to the four winds so as to break the curse. It's like they broke into Tutankhamun's tomb when they sacked Friend.

C

chief

I've had a long held opinion that Nathan Pearce shouldn't be operating at this level. To take nothing away, he was equally as bad to both teams. His breakdown decisions were bemusing, his decision to call a forward pass was harsh. I think he's terrible.

But take nothing away from the refereeing, the Brumbies should hang their heads in shame, and something needs to be done about this rubbish. Hopefully Jake White solves a few problems when he starts at the start of next season.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
That was embarrassing...

The ref was just as bad but it's no excuse... The Brumbies should've flogged a team like this...

The selections... The decision making... The replacements.... Just terrible...

Once again the valentine Giteau halves combination fails...

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), McCabe and Moore were carrying that team all night....

And it's bloody obvious Moore should be captain...
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was busy, but didn't really do anything wonderful; Mccabe lacks nothing for ticker, but is too one-dimensional in attack, he ALWAYS smashes into the line, never draws and passes for example. He needs more strings to his bow. But A+ for effort. Moore was good, thankfully. Alexander did himself no favours at all.
Giteau tried hard, and honestly got very little useful support at times. Valentine butchered 2 great attacking platforms early on, both of which needed quick, accurate ball. Felt sorry for Gits tonight.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
For mine they've exceeded just desserts for their crazy brand of player politics, and are now to be pitied. Perhaps they just need to be scattered to the four winds so as to break the curse. It's like they broke into Tutankhamun's tomb when they sacked Friend.

They deserve no pity. Clean out the whole organisation from the board down.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I know Brumbies fans will be very disappointed, but as a neutral it was hard not to feel elated for the Lions players. They put 100% into that match, and thoroughly deserved their success. Great to see a team winning against the odds.

TBH I thought the Lions just did a good, solid saffa forward performance against a team determined to play touch

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)
I've had a long held opinion that Nathan Pearce shouldn't be operating at this level. To take nothing away, he was equally as bad to both teams. His breakdown decisions were bemusing, his decision to call a forward pass was harsh. I think he's terrible.

But take nothing away from the refereeing, the Brumbies should hang their heads in shame, and something needs to be done about this rubbish. Hopefully Jake White solves a few problems when he starts at the start of next season.

Spot on all round although I think you're a bit kind to Nathan Pearce. The best part of that was seeing some bloody good rugby from some of the young Lions. Get to see the Brums live next week - you beauty, get to see my teams 1 and 2 battle for the wooden spoon.

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
TBH I thought the Lions just did a good, solid saffa forward performance against a team determined to play touch

Given their form leading into the game, I thought the Lions did well. But I agree that apart from the final 10 minutes when the game was already gone, the Brumbies were poor.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
If the force can knick it next week they will be nearly two games clear of the Brumbies. Though thats nothing to be proud of really.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Friggin great win for the Lions. Plain and simple that was a class 80 minutes from them.

Ref was useless but I think the Brumbies got the better of what was a pittiful display from him. How they did not get a player in the bin for repeated infringments beats me.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't think the Brumbies got the rub of the ref at all... Had some awful breakdown decision go against them... But the lions benefited from dominating the game...

Brumbies just dumb...

Status
Not open for further replies.