• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies v Reds Super Rugby round 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Weather forecast for ACT for Saturday.

Saturday 26 May

Cloudy. Scattered showers, falling as snow showers about the ranges above 1500 metres. Winds west to northwesterly 20 to 25 km/h tending west to southwesterly 35 to 50 km/h during the morning. Overnight temperatures falling to around 1 with daytime temperatures reaching between 7 and 12.
http://www.bom.gov.au/act/forecasts/act.shtml

Why does this matter? Well in my experience it tends to mess with the hands in the backline, especially if they aren't getting much ball. Catching high balls at fullback is not much fun and it bloody hurts. After the first one it screws with your head. This kind of wind when it's snowing in the mountains gusts making it worst and making goal kicking pretty tough. The ground will be slippery. This will be a full on forwards battle. The hardest team will win but it may not be pretty.
will we see a return of gloves? Its been a few years

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Apart from Ruggo, any other Reds' supporters trekking down to Canberra this weekend? All the way from Darwin, Ruggo, I'm impressed.

I was in Canberra on business last week and came across some depressing news: it's rumoured its best brew-pub, the Wig & Pen in Civic, is going to close. I heard some time ago it was up for sale but closing, that's devastating! Some of the brews Lachie McOmish puts out are to die for. The Russian Imperial Stout appears every winter (next brew due on 1 July I was told) and, although expensive, it's worth a trip to Canberra on its own. And my tongue rejoiced when it got stuck into a Big Brown Beaver last trip. Never had a bad drop at this place.

Rugby supporters, do your bit to support this august institution.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Lindommer, one must remember that one could be sharing this thread with members from North America, where "And my tongue rejoiced when it got stuck into a Big Brown Beaver last trip" has a totally different meaning to the one intended, (and I'm not referring to the animal with big teeth)!!!

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
ABC reporting Fotu Auelua struggling with a head knock from the Hurricanes game.

Any struggles after the head knock = time off. Despite the popular misconception, neurosurgery isn't exactly rocket science, or even ..... brain surgery.

L

Linebacker_41

Ok Emu, I let your other post through to the keeper (which happened to be Slim), but lets not heap expectations on CFS. Sure, the kid looks like he will be a good player, but Coleman has been a good performer for the Brumbies for the past couple of seasons.

Let CFS develop in his own time. When he has more experience under his belt, and has fully grown into his body, then we will be able to make a more accurate judgement of him.

RB Certainly agree that Coleman has been solid, whilst I love the Reds I would have to agree that in terms of consistency you would have to go Coleman and I would say that he is better now.

Having said that though CFS has X Factor and as you point out, once CFS is given time to develop (more his knowledge of the game rather than physically coz his legs are huge) then he will surpass most if not all the players in front of him.

I actually see CFS as an Outside Centre once he develops his knowledge of pro defensive systems until then Wing will be his position with a license to roam. Mind you I would only expect 1 or 2 more appearances from CFS this year. Much like Gill in slowly transitioning him into senior rugby over the past 2 years.

As for Slims comparison CFS to Kuridrani you would have to ask if Kuridrani was better why was he not contracted to the Reds senior team. Link has been extremely consistent at identifying talent then recruiting them into his program (both at Waratahs and Reds). I am sure if Link thought more highly of Kuridrani then he would still be in QLD.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Steve Walsh will be fine... they all make mistakes... they all make good calls... he just needs to focus and get his Video ref making good calls... and watching Quade Coopers many forward passes....

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Any struggles after the head knock = time off. Despite the popular misconception, neurosurgery isn't exactly rocket science, or even ..... brain surgery.

They've given him time off... no contact at training.... ;)...... he'll play 40 minutes.... he wants a GOLD jersey...

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Steve Walsh will be fine... they all make mistakes... they all make good calls... he just needs to focus and get his Video ref making good calls... and watching Quade Coopers many forward passes....

They're all flat don't you know......

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
In your biased opinion.

It’s possible the player he is passing to is offside... I'm hoping he's back to his best doing cross field kicks behind his own try line… What was his tackle count last week? It was 0 zip zero zilchski...:cool:

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Didn't miss any either. Don't worry, he'll be good for the run last week & will teach the young new bloke for the ponies a thing or two about how to run a backline. With his wonderful long passes, silky skills & dancing feet.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Didn't miss any either. Don't worry, he'll be good for the run last week & will teach the young new bloke for the ponies a thing or two about how to run a backline. With his wonderful long passes, silky skills & dancing feet.
this is the important thing, not making a tackle does not matter, it is if you miss tackles that an issue arrises

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Looks like Lucas is flying tomorrow. Same squad of 22 from the last match + Beau Robinson:

St.George Queensland Reds 23-man touring squad to play the Brumbies

Forwards
Ben Daley, Saia Fainga'a, Liam Gill, Scott Higginbotham, James Hanson, Greg Holmes, James Horwill (c), Eddie Quirk, Beau Robinson, Jake Schatz, James Slipper, Rob Simmons, Adam Wallace-Harrison

Backs
Quade Cooper, Chris F'Sautia, Anthony Fainga'a, Nick Frisby, Will Genia (vc), Mike Harris, Digby Ioane, Ben Lucas, Luke Morahan, Dom Shipperley
http://www.redsrugby.com.au/NewsEvents/NewsArticles/tabid/581/ArticleID/6625/Default.aspx

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Looks like Lucas is flying tomorrow. Same squad of 22 from the last match + Beau Robinson:

Probably why they aren't announcing the playing squad until Friday afternoon - to give Lucas a run tomorrow to see if all is OK.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Probably why they aren't announcing the playing squad until Friday afternoon - to give Lucas a run tomorrow to see if all is OK.
Maybe, but they've only named 10 backs. If one back was omitted it would have to be for an extra forward and a 5-2 bench. Normally Link would want the versatility of Lucas in the side in that case... although, I suppose Harris would cover 10... Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.