• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies v Force - Sat 16 July 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Assuming the Lions don't get a win or BP with their B side against the Jags in the morning, I reckon the chances of all 4 teams remaining after week 1 being kiwis are pretty good.

M

Moono75

Great performance by the Force defensively. A lot of the young WA talent throwing themeselves into the fray. The team will look markedly different next year. Chris Alcock really underated and will be missed. Anyone see the shot of Hodgo in the coaching box.....looked like his head was about to spin 360 and blow green peas....POSSESSED!

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
For the record, the Brumbies became the first side to be undefeated by the other Aus sides in a Super year. Clearly, the best team in the country.

However, I expect they will be beaten to zero next week.

I wonder how long it is going to take for our coaches to realise that the game has moved on from the dire crap they dish up to us week after week.

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
Great performance by the Force defensively. A lot of the young WA talent throwing themeselves into the fray. The team will look markedly different next year. Chris Alcock really underated and will be missed. Anyone see the shot of Hodgo in the coaching box...looked like his head was about to spin 360 and blow green peas..POSSESSED!
They defended very well.

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
Not quite the performance one was hoping for but a wins a win. Deserved Aussie conference winner defeating all other OZ teams as Brumby Runner mentioned.

Who knows what will happen next week but at least they are there to find out. I reckon they'll give an honest account of themselves. Pocock back will be a tremendous difference.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Jeez

Some shotty calls. Brambles tackle luke morahan in the air and we get no penalty at the start of the game. no advantage either from another penalty yaht was awarded. Clear knock on thats called backwards 5 min later that should of gave us a 5m scrum. Brumbies end up scoring a try from a scrum that they were awarded from being held up even though it came from a pass that was a meter forward off the scrum. The ref only asked for grounding. Never looking at the pass before the grounding. Then we get denied a try that was definately fine as dhp put Godwin onside. Tamooa kicks a drop goal from the last try of the half just in case they looked at Kurindrani being tackled and rolling 2m to score. I didn't see any issues with it though.
That's just the first half. It would be nice to know what it feels like to get some correct calls in a game.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I hope the brumbies can pull the form they had in round one out of somewhere. They have been close the last 4 years. Would be great to see them make it to the big show. I think the Tahs would of had a better shot at it somehow.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Sportsbet has opened up 1.90 the pair in Brumbies-Highlanders.

I'd suggest that price is worth taking on the Highlanders. I expect them to start around 1.50-1.60.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jeez

Some shotty calls. Brambles tackle luke morahan in the air and we get no penalty at the start of the game. no advantage either from another penalty yaht was awarded. Clear knock on thats called backwards 5 min later that should of gave us a 5m scrum. Brumbies end up scoring a try from a scrum that they were awarded from being held up even though it came from a pass that was a meter forward off the scrum. The ref only asked for grounding. Never looking at the pass before the grounding. Then we get denied a try that was definately fine as dhp put Godwin onside. Tamooa kicks a drop goal from the last try of the half just in case they looked at Kurindrani being tackled and rolling 2m to score. I didn't see any issues with it though.
That's just the first half. It would be nice to know what it feels like to get some correct calls in a game.

This thread wouldn't be complete without a classic Shiggins rant............ ;)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Some random Brumbies observations..........

- Kuridrani running onto the ball - more of that please.

- To'omua and Lilo need to switch positions. Lilo stands too deep as first receiver, and To'omua's game management is much better.

- Rory Arnold again displaying better ball skills than the backs.

- Defence/discipline much improved.

- Toua made some good breaks last night, but it seems pretty clear that he's only competent against lower level opposition. Once again he kicked the ball straight into the opposition's feet that led to the only Force try.

- General decision making poor, particularly in the second half - stop going for the miracle kicks.

- Right now the Brumbies are nothing more than a showcase for forward technical ability

Reactions: mst

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
^^^^^^ It has been a pet hobby horse of mine that Matt and Christian are playing the wrong positions. I agree they should be swapped for the reasons you highlight. I think Bernie must have been badgered into playing them as they have been by Cheika who sees Matty as a 12 only. Otherwise, why replace Kerevi, one of the best performers, and keep Foley who was struggling big time in the second test against England. Someone please tell Cheika he is dreamin.

I don't think the defense has improved at all. Not a great reference to look reasonable against the Force, sad to say. Too many line breaks and half breaks, and so little top end speed in the Brumbies' backline.

Toua not the only player who needs to look at his in play kicking. If the Brumbies supply as much ball to Ben Smith as they did to DHP, he is going to skin them alive. Will they have learnt this basic lesson - no, I don't think so.

Reactions: mst

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
So a NZ semifinal is coming. I think the only Aussie side who could hurt a NZ side ATM is Waratahs. They beat Chiefs recently and have been competitive vs Blues at Eden Park in the last round. Meanwhile the only win of Brumbies vs a NZ side was at the first round, too many months ago and with a full squad with Pocock, Tomane, Ita Vaea, Henry Speight and others guys unavailables right now

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Have we got a verdict on whether Pocock will be available?

Definite possibility of a maybe, they think, depending on a medical assessment and deciding if they want to include him, which will be considered when they are making the team selections, based on who is available, when Burnie decides who he wants to select.:confused:

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Definite possibility of a maybe, they think, depending on a medical assessment and deciding if they want to include him, which will be considered when they are making the team selections, based on who is available, when Burnie decides who he wants to select.:confused:

Good enough for me!

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Have we got a verdict on whether Pocock will be available?

With Poe is still a lineup more weak than the first round lineup, without Ita Vaea, the strongest Brumbies forward and without the pace at the wings (Tomane and Speight)

Status
Not open for further replies.