• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies v Force - Sat 16 July 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Tavita charging at the line at a million miles an hour but DHP did very well (should have kicked it out a few mins ago tho)

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
Would be nice if the refs knew the rules. Godwin did not go forward before DHP was in front of him

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Prodigy

Ron Walden (29)
Deadset, so wrong that call. Godwin didn't move forward until DHP passed him. Brumbies getting some home team calls again.

Pushing over the mark before the ball was fed on the penalty try as well.

Prodigy

Ron Walden (29)
Would be nice if the refs knew the rules. Godwin did not go forward before DHP was in front of him

TMO should not be allowed to intervene unless absolutely sure something is wrong.

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
Did love how the commentators wouldn't commit but the after "the right call"

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
So let's get technical. Is Kurendrani allowed to roll to place the ball. The kicker obviously didn't think so hence the quick conversion

Prodigy

Ron Walden (29)
Did love how the commentators wouldn't commit but the after "the right call"

Rod Kafer is the 'Fatty Vautin' of rugby commentary. His bias towards the Brumbies is almost on par with Martto and the Reds.

Prodigy

Ron Walden (29)
Arguable, there was millimetres in it, I think he is well aware of the rules, just felt DHP never put him onside. Bloody unlucky though, could have gone either way.

DHP crossed the 10m line before Godwin.... Godwin doesn't advance until DHP is in front of him. And the penalty was in the incorrect spot.
If it was from Godwin's point of 'infringement', it would have had to been 5 metres forward. If from the kick, out near the sideline.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Most likely will make no difference but has taken the interest out of the game. 14 point decision and likely an incorrect one. I would have called it the other way - TMO stopped looking as soon as the kick went up - forgetting that the chaser hadn't moved forward before being run onside.

G

galumay

TMO 'check, check. Paul, can you hear me? Just want to check the onside.'

As he should, surely we want the rules of the game to be enforced - where would you draw the line? If its a nice try but comes about as a result of an illegal action we should let it stand? If its the team we support? If its the team thats behind?

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
Most likely will make no difference but has taken the interest out of the game. 14 point decision and likely an incorrect one. I would have called it the other way - TMO stopped looking as soon as the kick went up - forgetting that the chaser hadn't moved forward before being run onside.
Must be one of the league refs from the bunker

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
As he should, surely we want the rules of the game to be enforced - where would you draw the line? If its a nice try but comes about as a result of an illegal action we should let it stand? If its the team we support? If its the team thats behind?
But let's look at this situation. Even if the Force got this try and won by more than 7 do you think any Brumbie fan would have even noticed this?

Status
Not open for further replies.