• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies v Cheetahs Super Rugby R3 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies:

1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Dan Palmer
4. Ben Hand
5. Sam Carter
6. Peter Kimlin
7. Ita Vaea
8. Ben Mowen (C)
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Henry Speight
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Andrew Smith
14. Pat McCabe
15. Jesse Mogg

16. Anthony Hegerty
17. Ruaidhri Murphy
18. Scott Fardy
19. Michael Hooper
20. Ian Prior
21. Zack Holmes
22. Joe Tomane

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
Good luck, hope the weather gods smile on these golden oldies...what's the temperature forecast that day if it's not gunna rain? At least, the hotter it is, the beer afterwards is better...

Thanks. It's currently forecast to be fine and in the mid 20s, so it should be good conditions after all the rain we've had in recent weeks. Hopefully I'm acclimatised as I've recently returned from six weeks in Japan and Canada. I played a game in Vancouver in 5 degrees and rain and then had a game at home the day after I returned and it was 28 degrees and humid - I nearly cooked.

Looking forward to having a cold beverage with my teammates and the Navy blokes, watching the Brumbies play after our match.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I dont understand why white is persisting with smith at centre at the expense of McCabe who I think is to slow to play wing and is more suited to 13. Sitauti, Crawford and Tomane must be training poorly.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
McCabe is being eased back in after a shoulder reconstruction and with no matches under his belt this year.

I'm sure he'll eventually be shifted into the midfield...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Hand will have something to prove, he'll do well. Kimo, Vaea, Movan and Carter are playing well... Best to save Power if he's a little injured...

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
It's interesting that Hand was brought in when Power was injured. Jake probably didn't want to make too many positional changes with introducing Hooper on the openside, and moving the Rubik cube around with Kimlin ending up in the 2nd row, Mowen at 6 and Vaea at 8.

On the other hand :) if he wants a SAffer physical type pack at the Brumbies I wouldn't pick Hand who is as nice as pie.

PS - someone mentioned a giant Cheetahs pack - it's not. The Cheetahs weighed in at 863kgs in the last two rounds. Coeni Oosthuizen is back from injury and the big unit will probably bring in up to 880kgs, but that's not giant these days.

And by the bye: as big as he is, Coeni is not a noted scrummager.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
My main concern now with the Brumbies this week is how they've handled all this business about White's possible departure at the end of the year...

Last year in their second game and Friends' departure imminent they capitulated against the Rebels...

A few years ago when Giteau's return was announced (also in their second match of the season) Lilo's confidence seemed to take a punt...

I'm confident the Brumbies can win this one... but I just hope they don't let outside influences effect their psych...

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
And by the bye: as big as he is, Coeni is not a noted scrummager.

Very overrated player. Has not paid the school fees in the scrums. Saffers are talking him up because of his goose step which is a ton of fun to watch but I'd rather have a guy who can scrum and clean rucks.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Very overrated player. Has not paid the school fees in the scrums. Saffers are talking him up because of his goose step which is a ton of fun to watch but I'd rather have a guy who can scrum and clean rucks.
Ja he has not been the perfect example for youngsters with his off the field antics. I sort of lost my respect for him and think the Cheetahs wise men dont behave that well starting with Naka spykering every thing that moves around him.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Anyway looking forward watching this one live at 6 in the morning. If the Cheetahs wheels fall off I can always switch to the cricket.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Ja he has not been the perfect example for youngsters with his off the field antics. I sort of lost my respect for him and think the Cheetahs wise men dont behave that well starting with Naka spykering every thing that moves around him.

Older Aussie members will probably recall that someone who was totally incompetent would be referred to as an "Errol Flynn", the inference being that "everything he touched he spykered" to use Paarl's terminology. Perhaps your man Naka will similarly lend his name to Saffa vernacular, Paarl.

Other legendary figures honoured by working class knockabouts quite a few decades back were Shirley Bliss and Edgar Britt.

But I digress, as LG has it.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Very entertaining game so far. Currently 10-10 nearing half time. Nic White was brilliant untill forced off by a virus.

Also loving Sean Moloneys comentary

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Good close game

BRU-CHE.jpg

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Good game thus far...

Brumbies gone into a little slump since White left...

Refereeing OK... a couple of harsh decisions either way but nothing dramatic...

Hopefully the Brumbies lift in the second half...

Hooper needs to come on for Vaea who is just not doing enough, and we're getting punished by Brussow...

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Going down to the wire. Brumbies have to score here.

Going for the 3 pts, done. Have the option of a penalty & not just a try now for the Brumbies to win it.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I understand what Mowen was doing but I would have gone for the try.

And this is the reason why with this penalty at the end. Justifies his decision.

If Mowen had of gone for the try & the Brumbies coughed it up, made a mistake, etc then they would not have been able to win the game with that late penalty kick. Mowen went for the penalty kick earlier because with time left they'd have the option of a penalty kick, drop goal, or a try. Going for the try may have won it outright but if they blundered it then they would've left themselves with only one score option to win, a try. More pressure when giving a penalty away will mean losing it, which got to the Cheetahs at the end. Like I said, I would've gone for the try but Mowen made the right call as it turned out in this game.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Keith Brown made a huge call at the end, and it appears to be the right one. Good game from him (I was watching on and off but from what I saw he did well especially in the heat).

Status
Not open for further replies.