• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2024

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
What ended up happening to Aquis?

Any idea what shorts sponno costs?
Hard to know what $$ are involved as aside from the shorts I could see plenty of signage. Unsure if here is any "in kind" support either.

IMHO it's a really good sponsorship as it one of the few big corporates in CBR that are not connected at the hip with the CBR Gov, and also do positive investment - so most of the things they do have a social or environmental outcome.

It's really good as it would be hard to attract sponsors atm with so much uncertainty about the future. Also with RA pushing the central model and more controls on the Brumbies and other teams will be scaring sponsors away as they fear they may be indirectly funding RA.

Duration for me is interesting as it aligns with the 2025 TV neg's etc. I hope it leads to more.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
I will stand by my belief that we are a big producer of rugby talent. We just dont have the cash to hang onto it. Jail / DV rugby picks the eyes out of backs and the cheese eating surrender monkeys love our 4,5 and 6s.
Need more Twiggys...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That’s unfortunate, but I suppose it likely means they’ll re-sign Hooper…

A year ago I wouldn’t have been bothered but Swain is back playing well this year.

If Rodda can stay fit they’ll make a great lock pairing out west.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Wow. I’m sure Brumbies fans are bummed
No.

and Force fans thrilled,
Somewhat, but likely worried it's another player who has "potential" showing up for a go on the merry-go-round and also the club he is leaving are not gutted by the departure.
but as a Reds fan I’m just stoked he’s staying in Australia and not heading over to god knows where to qualify for Scotland et al through his 5th great aunty twice removed or some crap.
But then again, he could be blocking the path of a better newer talent while the Force are throwing Twiggy bucks around trying to buy success.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bugger he was playing well, and had taken the starting role from Frost and Hooper. Looks like it be Neville and the other too. And we have Shaw and Lachie Hooper coming through.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
Was interesting to see Ikatau tear up when talking about the impact of Darci. Sounds like he was pretty instrumental in getting a fair few players from QLD to Canberra in the first place. There's something to be said for the value of the program and how it develops the players, but it's interesting to see the role of certain players continue to prime the program in the first place. My sense is he'll be a bigger miss than first thought.

griffins

Darby Loudon (17)
Was interesting to see Ikatau tear up when talking about the impact of Darci. Sounds like he was pretty instrumental in getting a fair few players from QLD to Canberra in the first place. There's something to be said for the value of the program and how it develops the players, but it's interesting to see the role of certain players continue to prime the program in the first place. My sense is he'll be a bigger miss than first thought.
Very popular team mate and has been playing his best footy, which is a lot better than most on here give him credit for. Hopefully he continues on that trajectory at the Force.

Few people suggesting it was a toss up between keeping him or Hooper, I actually wonder if it was out of him and Frost. No doubt Frost has a higher ceiling but he has hit a clear plateau this season, hopefully he can kick on.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Very popular team mate and has been playing his best footy, which is a lot better than most on here give him credit for. Hopefully he continues on that trajectory at the Force.

Few people suggesting it was a toss up between keeping him or Hooper, I actually wonder if it was out of him and Frost. No doubt Frost has a higher ceiling but he has hit a clear plateau this season, hopefully he can kick on.
I think his high ceiling was always recognized he just damaged his chances/public perception with a few silly decisions.