• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Makes it look like they've got nothing to hide. As a rugby fan I find it just so depressing how someone / somepeople in this day and age in the Brumbies board / organisation have managed syphon / blow / waste that much money without any public repercussions.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Makes it look like they've got nothing to hide. As a rugby fan I find it just so depressing how someone / somepeople in this day and age in the Brumbies board / organisation have managed syphon / blow / waste that much money without any public repercussions.

Are you referring to the missing information or the suppressed information? :p

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Now that will draw a crowd! ;)
Capture 7.JPG

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
On a serious note though, It does beg the question about the clubs mindset and culture. In a time when they need to be frugal with their spending and and be looking to get some ROI, should they really be even entertaining the though of a training contract for a past player?

I think Brumbies need to get there media team to get their head in the game. For those in the know - we have a giggle; but to the general public (average punter) it may not be a good look or inspire them to get on board.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I think the article should be taken with a grain a salt.....

It makes a great story though.

Um, no - its not a great story, rather stupid IMHO.

Give it the simple pub test: How long would he survive - no really - and what would he bring? And why would you waste money on Walker at the expense of the opportunity for new talent?

Sadly the reality is many do not take it with a grain of salt, that is if they even read beyond the headline anymore. For the majority its just more head shaking at a club that has already disenfranchised people with its behaviours and most of it links to its past.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Um, no - its not a great story, rather stupid IMHO.

Give it the simple pub test: How long would he survive - no really - and what would he bring? And why would you waste money on Walker at the expense of the opportunity for new talent?

Sadly the reality is many do not take it with a grain of salt, that is if they even read beyond the headline anymore. For the majority its just more head shaking at a club that has already disenfranchised people with its behaviours and most of it links to its past.
I think you're taking it too seriously. Reading between the lines in the media, it sounds so much like a non-story. It generates some interest / talk / buzz so that's no bad thing. Larkham talking up Walker from the 10s might be an oblique way of big-upping himself a bit too! ;)

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
^^^^I think if you have a look at the sentiment in Canberra you might get where I am coming from. The Brumbies are struggling to muster support and have bled memberships.

"It generates some interest / talk / buzz so that's no bad thing." Usually that's ok, except when people turn and are laughing at you not with you -which is the case atm.

The fact that there is so little interest in the Brumbies atm (beyond the rusted on) so joke media is certainly not of any benefit.

Also the reality is in clubland and with many other supporters they seriously want the younger talent to get a go and be developed but all we keep hearing about if bring back past players. For some its actually hitting close to the nerve and a real issue that is now beyond a joke. Have a look at the angst around the NRC team and some of the local clubs.

The Raiders used to be the Canberra media joke, but that has now changed sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.