• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Unfortunately for Vaea, his role as an impact player off the bench seems ideal...

But, I don't really want him coming on for Hooper...

There really is a major difference when he's not on the field...

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Does anyone else thing Mogg would make, in time, a excellent international open side winger and could be exactly what everyone is desperate for Rod Davies to be?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised to see Mogg playing on the wing for the Wallabies at some stage this year...

The kid has great acceleration...

He needs to work on his defence though...

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Mogg's biggest weakness is his defense, his tackling stats would make Quade look like a star. I think he'd probably benefit more going to the Wallabies extended camp, and then having a full preseason with the Brumbies rather than getting thrown onto the wing for the Wallabies. He was just a kid with a massive boot playing club rugby here in Canberra only a couple of months ago, it would be a rapid rise if it happens.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
At fullback in a one on one situation you just don't have confidence in him making the tackle...

Otherwise, just about everything else about his game is excellent...

Just needs to shave a few metres off his kicking sometimes...

I'd rather him put it up in the air and contest it that way as I have more confidence in him being able to retain the ball...

Reactions: BPC

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Mogg is not ready to play test rugby. He still makes too many little mistakes. He will probably be a wallaby one day but not just yet.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There aren't really a lot of fit winger options at the moment...

Ioane and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)...

Maybe JOC (James O'Connor)?

Mitchell and Turner are both crocked...

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Tomane's gone well.

He has gone well, which is to say he's certainly on track for a 2013 Wallaby berth (which is all we could expect and more).

I would mind seeing A.Smith run as a blind winger (which he's done for the Brums before) and Digby run as an open winger.

Yes, Digby isn't accustomed to that role but he has the pace for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.